Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here here!!!

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
    Agree completely. Every time I hear someone say we can't raise taxes on the "job creators" I want to bang my head on a wall. The "rich" are not hiring because there is NO one to buy the goods and services they want to sell because the "buyers" aka middle class aka "real job creators" do not have any money because they have either lost their job or their wages have not gone up in 30 years and they have no equity in their house - their only real asset. America grew so strong after WWII because we had a strong and growing middle class that was becoming more educated with a greater "purchasing" power. Now achieving a higher education is harder and coupled with more debt, and decent paying jobs are decreasing with states making a rush to the bottom to support minimum wages, and companies like WalMart sucking money out of the system, Wall Street speculation on oil sucking money out of everyone's pocket etc.
    Apple and others are lobbying congress for a tax holiday to bring their billions back in the country without paying taxes. I would say fine. You can bring as much as you want and we will give you a 100% tax credit for every dollar you spend building a new manufacturing plant in the US.

Comment

'bammy' is the new 'N' word now? he he..Can't keep up. The Middle Class has turned on the lower 'poor' class like clock work. My German uncles are amused at this stupidity.

Comment

I'd like to see some good old-fashioned common sense from our leaders and corporations along with a dose of compassion. As a point, my brother and sister-in-law both lost their jobs within the last 10 months. They both worked for Chase. Unfortunately, their mortgage was bought by Chase after they went to work for them. When my sister-in-law called to ask if they could get their 15 year mortgage converted to a 30 year so they could afford the payments on their unemployment and eventually lower salaries (Central Florida income) , she was told no. In fact, she was told that they would only offer her $200 for liquidation. When she asked for the hardship department, she was told they had none. Chase wants their 25-year old underwater house. I don't know whether they're going into the rental market or need the loss but all I can think of is a legalized loan shark. We allow our companies to oursource, take manufacturing out of the country and yet no one in office seems to think that's a bad thing. One minute we hear that corporations go outside due to high union salaries here in the US and the next minute they say it is really because of our corporate income tax rate. Smoke and mirrors -- that's what we working class are served.

Comment

Wow, you guys are real thinkers. Jackbond, I hope you really aren't a Marxist. We all see the same thing except from different windows. One thing for sure is we see our Country changed within a couple near three years more than it has in a century, and I insist for the worse not the better. Prove to me we were NOT better off five years ago. I could not stand Bush either, but compared to our Vacationer in Chief, I'd take that jerk, his jerky Dad and his stupid brother over 'Bammy any day. And no I do not relate to that as a synonym for Niger. 'Bammy is a White person with a Black fathers blood. This is without prejudice as incompetence is no respecter of color. He ego outdoes his ability.

We agree that our country is in trouble. How to cure it, I do not know. Change yes, but I sure do not wish to live in feudal times. I also don't want to see our country torn into "Mad Max" or the tribes of Mogadishu.

I am independent, conservative and a registered Democrat. I will vote whom I believe will be the lessor of evil. I do not remember ever voting for a person I liked, until that person was in office and proved himself. Then I would vote for him again. I have always voted for lessor of one who would damage the least.

Well, I'm tired so I am wandering around words a little. I believe we are all common in our desires for improvement to the lot in life as well as our Country. God help us all in the next election of 2012. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            .... Prove to me we were NOT better off five years ago. I could not stand Bush either, but compared to our Vacationer in Chief, I'd take that jerk, his jerky Dad and his stupid brother over 'Bammy any day.

I will vote whom I believe will be the lessor of evil.
            This is easy. We are where we are today because Bush changed course. He inherited a surplus with a trajectory for surplus's as far as could be seen. A "true" conservative would have taken the opportunity to pay down the debt. Instead he passed massive tax cuts, while Cheney said "deficits don't matter". After 9/11 he started 2 wars and got through another tax cut. He essentially was driving the Titanic (US economy) directly into the iceberg. There was no factual basis for invading Iraq. Starting 2 wars and cutting taxes were probably the most irresponsible acts any president has ever done. Obama does not come close -- although extending the Bush tax cuts and keeping us in Afghanistan were beyond stupid. It can also be argued that Bush started the excess mentality of Greed for corporations and Wall Street with the Enron scandal that he did absolutely nothing about. Five years ago we were not better off. We were directly heading for the iceberg -- we just didn't see it yet. If you want to vote for the lesser of evil that will be Obama. The only candidate on the Republican side who would arguably be better would be Huntsman - he has little chance of winning the nomination. Also, if you don't want to come across as prejudice be a little careful with names, "Vacationer in chief" has NO factual basis, I don't understand "Bammy" so not sure why said term is being used.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
              As for the estate tax, there is a way to change it - START VOTING FOR THE PARTY THAT WANTS TO RAISE IT!

Ha your all soooo funny!!! "Vote for the party that wants to raise it".

Still hard to believe there's still some folks left that think voting even matters anymore. Like they will really do the right thing.

No No No. we need to ask what will WE do about all these problems like stop or greatly reduce buying junk from China, stop "investing" in the phony stock market that is rigged in the favor of the too bigs and move your bank accounts to community banks and credit unions away from the fat cat banksters. Buying less Corporate food and more local is another good start.

I hate to say it but voting doesn't matter unless it's an alternative viewpoint.

Obama's largest campaign contributor in 2008 was Goldman Sucks which got the money from the G W Bush/ Hank Paulson TARP program.
              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
                Ha your all soooo funny!!! "Vote for the party that wants to raise it".

Still hard to believe there's still some folks left that think voting even matters anymore. Like they will really do the right thing.

No No No. we need to ask what will WE do about all these problems like stop or greatly reduce buying junk from China, stop "investing" in the phony stock market that is rigged in the favor of the too bigs and move your bank accounts to community banks and credit unions away from the fat cat banksters. Buying less Corporate food and more local is another good start.

I hate to say it but voting doesn't matter unless it's an alternative viewpoint.

Obama's largest campaign contributor in 2008 was Goldman Sucks which got the money from the G W Bush/ Hank Paulson TARP program.
                Ah but don't you understand, 'Banka', we, meaning U.S. paid to move Gary Indiana and Pittsburgh to move their steel plants to China. Starting with Nixon sucking up to them, and the Coupe de Grace with Clinton selling our missile secrets (for economy enhancement), and may I mention NAFTA so that we can get a good German car, whose engine is made in Czechoslovakia, transmission made in Japan, and the car assembled in Mexico. That car is known as the Volkswagen. Ahhh the American way, doncha love it? We purchase everything from China due to the fact that you cannot get a simple nut and bolt not made there. When Sam Walton was alive, he vowed American only unless unavailable otherwise. Well, otherwise is here now. If we gave a tax break to come back instead of go forth, we would prosper. If you wish to purchase a reasonable, well built non union "Monday morning" car from an outstanding company, purchase Toyota. Made in Ohio.

Frankly 'banka' I seriously doubt with this group of Chicago thugs in our Capital, that we could vote them out more less vote at all. I think we are done. I believe we have our first "President for life" or you might call him Chancellor. I am totally serious about my gut feelings. A poster today asked if I knew a bit of history. I can only say, I'm old enough to have been educated rather than warehoused in our Public Schools.

Hear this; my brother a decorated disabled Viet Nam vet, has a son who is of the 'New World Order'. When he went into the National Guard, for the money for his pill habit, my brother asked him if he would shoot an American citizen on our streets in protest. His answer was, I sure would if ordered to. This is what we have come to.

All of us here are here due to some strife and errors. BK has made most of us stronger and wiser. I am becoming very prepared for an anarchist situation if this society were to break down. I am already seeing the signs of our times in the empty houses and buildings, that our controlled news does not report. I see an average of one new vacancy a day in our County. People are simmering a slow burn, and it won't be long before hell breaks loose. Our Presidential liar is starting to lose his charm now and his eloquent words are not being believed. The shivers up peoples legs no longer arouse some, and fainting in his speeches is down to a low level. Nausea is on an increase.

This is only a small thought before I leave you this evening. Speak softly but carry a loaded gun. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
                  Ha your all soooo funny!!!

We have nothing to vote for. banca rotta is 100% correct. Our votes mean nothing.
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                    We have nothing to vote for. banca rotta is 100% correct. Our votes mean nothing.
                    Frogger it does mean something or you would not see the funny antics of 'Bammy bringing all of Congress together for another campaign speech. He is running scared.

Now who we have to vote for is just another hand picked maiden of the real Government mostly controlled by the bankers. In other words they place their man on each side, so we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. So far we at least can exercise our right to vote and pick the best of the worst. 'Hub

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                      we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
                      On this, I agree 100%. I will disagree with you my friend however, that picking the best of the worst has been part so much of our problem in the past.

Absolutely nothing will change until our government changes completely. You may laugh and think I am insane, but I'm going to vote for 'Bammy this time.

'Bammy may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.......
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Re vacations and Obama - GW Bush took more vacations than ALL presidents in the 20th Century.

Obama is below average.

Frogger is right - I don't think our votes matter - BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT - here is the thing guys - less than (average) 50% of the people vote...so - what do you all think would happen if say 70%, 80%, 90% of the people actually bothered to show up? Now THAT would matter.

By the way - one of my heroes, Elizabeth WARREN is running for Senate from MAss!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                          Re vacations and Obama - GW Bush took more vacations than ALL presidents in the 20th Century.

Obama is below average. A kinder word could not be expressed.

Frogger is right - I don't think our votes matter - BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT - here is the thing guys - less than (average) 50% of the people vote...so - what do you all think would happen if say 70%, 80%, 90% of the people actually bothered to show up? Now THAT would matter.

By the way - one of my heroes, Elizabeth WARREN is running for Senate from MAss!!!
                          Originally posted by frogger View Post
                          On this, I agree 100%. I will disagree with you my friend however, that picking the best of the worst has been part so much of our problem in the past.

Absolutely nothing will change until our government changes completely. You may laugh and think I am insane, but I'm going to vote for 'Bammy this time.

'Bammy may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.......
                          Frogger, I wish you would reconsider. I understand your 'expiremint" but the time is not now. We are not blessed with "hanging him with his own rope" ideas. This guy HAS to go..

So, my two cents. 'Hub

Comment

I second the vote for Elizabeth Warren. If she wins that would double the number of Senators truly for the people along with Bernie Sanders.
                            As to "votes don't matter". I wish some people would not have thought that way in Florida in 2000. A few votes could have made a huge difference.
                            As to not voting for Obama, if the other choice is Perry, the only rational reason would be a belief that Perry would bring on our own French revolution for real change real fast - a risky gamble.

Comment

All the higher minimum wage does is push all wages and costs up, causing inflation. The purchasing power of money, not the wage itself, is the issue. As far as the progressively higher estate tax, doing so simply causes money to be moved to other countries.
                              To me, far more important is 1) eliminating the games that are played putting taxpayer money into corporate pockets; 2) enforcing sensible regulations that keep the playing field level for all businesses and individuals; 3) prosecuting fraud at the highest levels and 4) modifying the court system so that the wealthy are not able to steal simply because they can control the legal process.
                              Last edited by jjim120; 09-16-2011, 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I agree with all you said - except that SOME inflation is not a bad thing...if wages keep up with it!! Estate tax - who cares - let the mega-rich leave!

Originally posted by jjim120 View Post
                                All the higher minimum wage does is push all wages and costs up, causing inflation. The purchasing power of money, not the wage itself, is the issue. As far as the progressively higher estate tax, doing so simply causes money to be moved to other countries.
                                To me, far more important is 1) eliminating the games that are played putting taxpayer money into corporate pockets; 2) enforcing sensible regulations that keep the playing field level for all businesses and individuals; 3) prosecuting fraud at the highest levels and 4) modifying the court system so that the wealthy are not able to steal simply because they can control the legal process.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X