Conversion 13 to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion 13 to 7

I had an older account when i went thru a 7, however cant seem to find it so had so start a new one.

How do conversions from 13 to 7 work?

In Middle District Orange County, Florida.

They're pretty simple. So long as you qualify for a Chapter 7 discharge, the debtor only need to file a Notice of Conversion. The case is converted as soon at the Clerk gets the notice and converts the case. A new 341 Meeting is scheduled. (There are some caveats if the case has been previously converted from a Chapter 7 to a Chapter 13 and back to a Chapter 7.)

The big question is whether or not a debtor must have qualified for the Chapter 7 based on the petition filing date (when the Chapter 13 was filed). I don't know for Florida Middle. Some districts want the debtor to have qualified as of the original petition date. Others will use a new Means Test and Schedule I/J. If you're in a Chapter 13 the answer to this question -- of whether you qualified at the time of filing -- is best answered by your existing attorney.

I converted without issue. it requires a bunch of paperwork and a strategy, especially if you were in arrears with home/vehicle, or you crammed down a vehicle, or you stripped a junior lien.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X