Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate Credit Card & Filing Chapter 7

Hello BK Forum Community:

I have a corporate AMEX card for business travel and I am afraid there will be an issue since I have decided to file Chapter 7. I am purchasing buyer for my employer and there are times I may need to have a purchasing card in my name. Will the Chapter 7 bankruptcy cause an adverse impact since the card is billed to the employer? I am just listed on the application as an authorized user. Thanks for your guidance.

Are you an authorized user on the Corporate AMEX, or is the card actually in your name?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

The card is actually in my name but I don't receive a bill. The company pays the bill.

Comment

My lawyer said that I don't have to include in the bankruptcy filing since I do not receive a billing statement for the account. Does this sound appropriate?

Comment

Then your card is like mine, basically your company is responsible for making all of the payments and your bankruptcy status is irrelevant.

FWIW, I changed jobs a few months ago and my corporate credit card moved from CITI to AMEX, both of whom I burned in my Chapter 13, and both of whom issued me a corporate card even though I am persona non grata with both financial institutions.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Thanks so much for your insight on this, Shipo! I have been worried sick about this. I am sure I'll have more questions coming down the pipeline for the BK Forum Community. 😉 Have a great week!

Comment

• hcorreia1
              hcorreia1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I will tell you what happened to me when I filled chapter 13. I had a corp Amex card that was cancelled by AMEX do me filling chapter 13. I am not saying this will happen to you but they are not very friendly to bankruptcies. I would plan for that being the case.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X