Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panicking! chapter 7 and auto loan

I live in nj and recently filed ch 7 bankruptcy with a lawyer. My bankruptcy is because of about $11,000 in debts that are from 11 years ago. Unfortunately i was in a very abusive relationship and became a single mom of 2 boys and i needed to use my credit cards to feed my kids. This was about 13 years ago that this problem got out of hand. I moved back in with my parents and paid off most of my debts in settlements little by little. There were about 4 debts which ended up in court judgements about 11 years ago. I paid one off in monthly payments and wage garnishments. Over time i completely forgot about the other 3 because i never got any notices about them until one day i had a levy put on my bank account. I started making payments again and thought i would have it paid off until i got another notice about one of the other judgements. It was in the amount of 8,600 which was about $3,000 more then what it started at. I thought i was almost done paying my debts. I tried calling to see about making small monthly payments but the women i spoke with refused the amount i offered. Btw my credit is now immaculate and i have 0 debt except for my car loan. The judgements don't even show up on my credit report anymore because they are that old. But they will not leave me alone. I just can't afford to pay them anymore. I have a 3 year old daughter and am unable to work as much as i'd like to because she isn't in school yet. The one company, pressler and pressler, won't even give me a record of the payments i made. It just seemed real shady. I just can't do this anymore. This is debt from an absolutely horrible time in my life. I just want it to stop. I was beginning to get worried that because I had to close my bank accounts that they may try to put a lien on my car. From the beginning I specifically told my lawyer that i can't lose my car. I have always made my payments on time and i'm about half way through the loan. She assured me several times that i would not and I would just continue making my payments to rebuild my credit. She filed the bankruptcy last week and today I went online to make my auto payment through ally bank and it says,there is no account and no vehicles. I am now panicking because It's the weekend and everything is closed. I feel like i made a huge mistake filing this! If anyone out there has any experience with this or with ally bank please reply. Thank you!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X