top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aloha, bankrupt blues, the roomate question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha, bankrupt blues, the roomate question.

Aloha,

I'm getting ready to file for chapter 7 bk, and was wondering if I would need to my partner I am currently living with on my household section. I am not on a lease, and the he is also homeowner of the property. Not quite sure if this is a mandatory thing to mention, considering he is not dependent on me, and could quite easily live without me paying all the expenses on his own.

looking for a beacon of light out of this post. and hoping for the best outcome of this section.

Mahalo to anyone who can help me out with this. I never thought I would be here posting on a forum like this lol.

If you are unmarried then you would not list anyone in your bankruptcy schedules unless they are a creditor. However, there are some caveats when it comes to expenses.

Are you filing through the services of an attorney or are you trying to do this on your own?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

JustBroke,

thanks for replying. Sorry to get back a few days later. I was planning on filing thru an attorney. I am trying to find the best outcome out of this. I am currently using the program upsolve, and it says I should list him for any contributions that he makes towards the house. yet the house is not in my name, and if anything, I am contributing towards him. I am trying to see how to avoid listing anything about him in the bk forms. I dont see how they are going to bring him up, especially since none of the bills are in my name as well.

Comment

You don't have to mention their name at all. You only have to show, on your schedules, that you are either receiving regular contributions towards the bills (that would treated as "regular" income) or reduce your actual expense by the amount of the contribution.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X