.Hey y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Hey y'all

I'm new here to the forum. I am trying to file chapter 13 and facing dismissal of my case because I don't have enough money to pay the trustee based on my income and expenses. I've been trying to get the firm clear this up but they are telling me after 3 months of me bringing this up that my case is not feasible if I can't pay $525 a month. My income is pension and social security. This all is going to go on my credit report.

Welcome to the Forum. Not sure you have a question. From what you wrote, I gather your attny is telling you that there is nothing he/she can do. My guess is that your Chapter 13 is at 60 months and the funding cannot be reduced as if reduced, you will not be paying enough into the Plan to pay what is required under bankruptcy law.

Without knowing a lot more about your case, this is all I can say. . . sorry.

Des.

Comment

Hey there thanks for responding.
      I'm just in the beginning stages.
      I've had 341 and confirmation but have not made any payment to trustee.
      The problem stems from the information I gave them about my income.
      I gave them my pension and social security. I also told them that my brother lives here and gets SSI each month.

I came back and told them that I won't claim his SSI as income because it is not mine. I gave them my budget and proof of income several times and now after three month as they are telling me without the SSI amount the plan won't be feasible on my income alone.

I have no secured debt all of it is credit cards $30,000

Comment

Why did you file a Chapter 13 as opposed to a Chapter 7? Is there some non-exempt asset you are trying to protect?

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X