hopefully about to finish my 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully about to finish my 13

hello everyone ive been a long time message board reader and i cant thank all who have shared their stories and advice. Myself and my wifes chapter 13 journey started in a few years ago and we are down to the last few payments thankfully

Congratulations, getting through a 13 ain't easy. What are your plans for your rebuild?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

To be honest i havent really thought about anything yet i know my credit scores have jumped alot. Im up to an average of 728 credit score across all three which is pretty ok i suppose. our monthly trustee payment was north of 2500 dollars so we are just gonna put that payment in savings since we have discovered we dont need much money to live on a month. My wife and I make a decent amount of money a month so we are just gonna take it slow and easy on the credit rebuild and try to improve our scores over the next couple of years is pretty much all we have discussed. Any advice would on the rebuild would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Good plan; a few comments:
        • That 728 score you posted, is that Vantage or FICO? I ask because my Vantage (aka. FAKO or "Fake" credit scores) scores looked like that around the time of my Chapter 13 discharge, but my FICO scores, the ones actual financial institutions use for underwriting decisions were about 100 points lower.
        • As with you, I had no need to buy anything when my Chapter 13 came to an end so I did as you're planning, put the money in savings.
        • One challenge I had during my bankruptcy was renting a car at a major airport and renting some hotel rooms; many refuse to accept debit cards as well as credit cards without at least $2,000 of available credit. With this in mind, I put some of my savings to use and opened a secured credit card with a $5,000 limit.
        • When the time comes, we have a thread here which gives some dos and don'ts vis-à-vis kickstarting your credit rebuild:
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Congratulations to you both!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X