top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey All! New Year New Start

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey All! New Year New Start

    I’m just beginning the process of filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In this process of finding a lawyer I’m comfortable with now. This is all so nerve wrecking that I’m hardly sleeping at night. I will be happy once I have the ball rolling.

    #2
    Welcome to BKForum.

    Trust me, you will sleep better the day you find your attorney, and you will sleep well the day you file! Everything is downhill from there.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Status: (Auto) Discharged and Closed! 5/10
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

    Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

    Comment


      #3
      justbroke Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I spoke with another lawyer today who made me feel more more comfortable. They are a tad more expensive but I feel like they will be worth it in the end. Fingers crossed, I will pay them in the next few days and they will file as soon as possible. I’m getting anxiety with the calls for payments from creditors and none of the accounts are even 30 days late. I know I will be like a wall flower here through the whole process and just want to say thanks in advance 🤗

      Comment


        #4
        Once they file, the calls should stop within 48 hours. It was almost too silent in my home. I kept checking my phone for voicemail messages and there was nothing. That relief, the cessation of the phone calls, is what makes you sleep better. Knowing that the debts will be discharged and you'll get your fresh start is the prize.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Status: (Auto) Discharged and Closed! 5/10
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

        Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Once they file, the calls should stop within 48 hours. It was almost too silent in my home. I kept checking my phone for voicemail messages and there was nothing. That relief, the cessation of the phone calls, is what makes you sleep better. Knowing that the debts will be discharged and you'll get your fresh start is the prize.
          100% ... it was like magic.

          Comment


            #6
            Okay you guys, I filled out all paperwork so far, took the class and got my certificate and fully paid the lawyer. Fingers crossed this goes smoothly.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Nitah1013 View Post
              Okay you guys, I filled out all paperwork so far, took the class and got my certificate and fully paid the lawyer. Fingers crossed this goes smoothly.
              It should be fine. Just be 100% transparent, and I am sure you have a good reason to file.

              BK is arguably the best business decision that a person make.

              Comment


                #8
                Okay paperwork filed everyone! They will give me a case number in the morning.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Nitah1013 View Post
                  Okay paperwork filed everyone! They will give me a case number in the morning.
                  Welcome to the Club!

                  Seriously, people that file are the most savvy and understand the world very well. Second starts with finances are crucial to keeping the economy moving.

                  I am surprised to more people don't file BK, and its because they don't understand it. That is why this forum is one of the best sites going on the topic.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by vhs View Post

                    Welcome to the Club!

                    Seriously, people that file are the most savvy and understand the world very well. Second starts with finances are crucial to keeping the economy moving.

                    I am surprised to more people don't file BK, and its because they don't understand it. That is why this forum is one of the best sites going on the topic.
                    Honestly, I'm surprised as well. I answer my phone, now, with ease. No more sleepless nights...no more waking up the day after payday, with a diminished bank account. It took me a while because I was afraid that I would lose my security clearance...but, I realized that falling behind and racking up 90/120/150s would likely be more of a risk. Reported it to my security officer 3 months ago, have not heard a word since. I often think of the position I would be in now, if I had done it sooner. God bless and best wishes to everyone.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The phone DID NOT ring today!!!! 341 is scheduled for 02/05.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Nitah1013 View Post
                        The phone DID NOT ring today!!!! 341 is scheduled for 02/05.
                        Just like magic!

                        Have a good night's rest. You deserve it!
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Status: (Auto) Discharged and Closed! 5/10
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

                        Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Update: My 341 was on Monday. Trustee adjourned it requesting 2 transcripts for my vehicle. I turned them in same day and received an email that he concluded my case a no asset as of today and I’m waiting for discharge. Thank you all for everything I needed to get going.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Prefecto. Welcome to Club Sixty!
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Status: (Auto) Discharged and Closed! 5/10
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

                            Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

                            Comment

                            bottom Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X