Just Tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Tired

Long journey been in bankruptcy since 2017 extension granted from 60 months to 84 paid up and ready to get out can't get any service from my attorney barely pick up the phone he's completely paid I'm really feeling abandoned right now what can I do ? I don't owe anyone I afraid this will cause even more hardships please help 🙏

You have to keep bugging your attorney. You paid them to close out the case. If you have to go sit in their waiting room then do so. There are a few things you have to get done to get the discharge which includes the final financial management class and at least one affidavit. In some districts, the Chapter 13 Trustee drives much of the discharge process, whereas in others the debtor's attorney must request the discharge.

Get with your attorney.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had the worst law firm and the attorneys and different office staff explained nothing to me in the beginning before the plan was confirmed over a year later and the lack of information almost caused my case to be dismissed during COVID. It also set me back the first 6 months of the plan because I didn't know to pay the mortgage company directly. I thought the Trustee would pay all the creditors but that wasn't the case. I felt like My attorneys were working against me so I didn't expect much and that's what I received "not so much representation". I took responsibility for my bankruptcy and learned what I was dealing with. I sent random emails to remind my attorney I was still alive a few times a year but other than their notice that the Trustee was filing motions to dismiss my case for delinquent payments, I really didn't hear from them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X