Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 13 BK -discharge almost there!

Hi

It's been a long journey in a Ch 13 five-year plan started on 3/2019. I have 2 more months to go, so ready for it to end! I wish everyone the best on your Ch 13 journey.

Congratulations Jennifer!

If you can swing it, the discharge process starts as soon as your final payment is posted. My payment due dates were the 25th of each month; I made my penultimate payment on the 18th of January that year, and once the payment had posted (on the 27th if I recall), I made my final payment nearly a month early. Once again, going from memory, the final payment posted on the 4th of February and my discharge was ordered on the 6th of February.

Once you get your discharge, what are your plans for reentering (or not) the credit world?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Thank you! My Trustee sends my payments to the creditors on the 3rd or 4th of each month. Also, my payments are payroll deduct since the beginning of my plan. These two months can't come fast enough lol! I'm certainly going to start re-building my credit. My goal is to buy a house. The sale prices are high right now. But hopefully one day I will become a homeowner.

Comment

My wife and I are pretty much in the same boat, just four years further along (my discharge was ordered in February 2020) and we're looking to buy a new home sometime this year. FWIW, I grew up in Michigan (a long-long time ago), what part of the state do you live in?

When it comes to rebuilding your credit, slow and steady wins the race; here is a general outline we keep here on this site to help folks get restarted in the credit world:
        Latent car nut.

Comment

shipo I wish you both the best on finding a new home. I live in West Michigan.

Thank you for the link below. Every bit of information helps with BK.

Comment

My pleasure Jennifer, I lived in Chicago for 13 years and frequently visited family up in the Cadillac area as well as near Detroit. Personally I love Michigan, but my wife, a California native, will only visit during the warmer months.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X