1st 30 day on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st 30 day on credit report

Got my first 30 day late on my record report ugh. Calls coming daily. I’d like to hold off another month before filing. Given this is the first late notice is it ok

It probably is okay. I haven't heard of any creditor taking any "serious" action until you're at least 91+ days late.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Trust me, at least our situation in Ohio, it took months and months if not over a year to get to the point of any legal action. You get calls, you get mail, you get turned to a collection agency and get more calls and mail. After all that is when they seek legal action and even when that happens it takes a while as you can drag it out a few months longer. I am NO WAY recommending that at all. We were naive and I was so emotionally stressed when we decided to file. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have delayed it like I did. Anyway, long story short I don't think a month or so is going to be much more than a nuisance. Put your phone on silent so it doesn't bug you too much. I actually disconnected our then answering machine and later turned off the ringer on the land line.
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X