Stupid People!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid People!

So in my local network group there was a story about bankruptcy in it. Only it was one that really ticked me off.

Basically it went like this. A guy lost his job about a year ago. Instead of taking a lower paying one, and supporting his family while he looked for another job, he chose his pride over that, and said he wasn't going to work for pennies on the dollar of what he made before, because it made him "feel bad."

Forgive me, but taking care of my priorities would come over my pride and dignity any day. You have to do, what you have to do.

I was so irritated when I read this. All I could think is this guy is so stupid, and when he has to file bankruptcy because of his stupidity, it makes the rest of US look bad! This is where the "deadbeat debtor" comes from!

Stupid people!
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

I heard that........... know what you mean..........

I hear people say "if I can't make $15.00 and hour I'm not working for anyone............." GUESS THEY HAVEN'T BEEN HUNGRY LATELY, HUH????

And what gets me is they have families, kids........ their not concerned about feeding them, and keeping a roof over their heads........

I hear "my wife will NEVER WORK"........duh, hope they never get injured where she has too..................!!! Or times get rough, where she needs too to help survive......

Crops here are ruining in the fields because they can't find people to pick them......

The guy in your story didn't solve any of his problems - HE ONLY CREATED MORE!!!!!

People really do have their priorites confused...............
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Wouldn't you like to confront these types of people and give them a good whack upside the head? LOL!
      Bankruptcy History:
      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
      Discharged - 02/16/2006
      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

I would love to be making more money and took this job a couple of years ago, making A LOT less than what I was making. My kids; however, are very fond of eating--especially the teenage boy!! I would also like to not have to work a second part-time job.

That kind of behavior really irks me, too. I have more than a couple of patients who have that mentality and we end up paying their way as well as our own.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox for now anyway!!
        Filed: 2/24/2006
        341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
        Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
          So in my local network group there was a story about bankruptcy in it. Only it was one that really ticked me off.

Basically it went like this. A guy lost his job about a year ago. Instead of taking a lower paying one, and supporting his family while he looked for another job, he chose his pride over that, and said he wasn't going to work for pennies on the dollar of what he made before, because it made him "feel bad."

Forgive me, but taking care of my priorities would come over my pride and dignity any day. You have to do, what you have to do.

I was so irritated when I read this. All I could think is this guy is so stupid, and when he has to file bankruptcy because of his stupidity, it makes the rest of US look bad! This is where the "deadbeat debtor" comes from!

Stupid people!
          Now that a goodly portion of our American society believes that appearances matter more than reality, it makes it way too easy for people like this loser to wallow in their own selfish, self-centered posturings. I hate it too, Tin.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

2 Full Time Jobs

I have 2 full time jobs, been a workaholic for quiet some time. Even if it wasn't 2 full time, it would be 1 full time and a part-time. I have the option of quitting one job and going for a 7. I'm kind of feeling guilty about that because I know that I'll just wind up working another job (whether it would be another FT or anotehr PT), IF MY 7 gets DISCHARGED. Any opinions? Should I feel guilty?

Catchmeifyoucan
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

My husband used to work with this guy at his pt job for Domino's Pizza. This guy and his wife really ticked me off. We had them over one evening for dinner. He was the only 1 that worked in the family and they were on foodstamps. He told me that he would never allow his wife to work for the money that I was making. I could'nt keep quiet and said, "Well, I wouldnt allow my husband to carry the entire burden of supporting me and the kids. I also dont want to be on foodstamps especially when I am able to earn some money." By the way, I was making 550 per week doing childcare at that time. I was probably making more than he was. Domino's was his only job. I cant stand it when people have that kind of mentality and then the rest of us who do work have to support them.

Comment

Man, for many years (10) while having my present job I worked part time at Sears for $5.50 per hour and finally worked up to about $8.50, I would leave sometimes when the OT opened up and then come back. I cannot relate to pride. I remember marking the kids clothes when Sears had that "wear ir out, we replace it deal". I think I was making $13.00 -17.00 per hour on my present job then, not alot with a family down here. i didn't start making good money until 2002, just the fact that we got overtime helped.

I can relate to the "appearances" comment also. I refused many a shallow friendship while raising a young family simply because if i had them over i'd have idjiots discussing my cheap curtains at work, it happened to a co-worker who had a housewarming. We were happy as could be in those days, and i'd gladly relive them, only i would love to appreciate them more than I did. Pony rides in North Miami, homemade pizza, homemade dixiexcup popsicles, having to REPAIR my cars (I went through three clutches in my Mustang, mileage, not driving) I remember rolling the transmission out onto my chest, setting it aside and replacing those clutches! Replacing head gaskets and in tank fuel pumps on my Sunbird!!!!!
                Last edited by robivi3; 10-05-2006, 05:34 AM.
                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X