Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott50 View Post
    I think many Americans feel that it is unpatriotic to question your own govt or to openly criticize it.. what ever happened to the saying "government for the people, by the people, for the people..... "
    Good point Scott. You know the Patriot Act was passed thru CONgress without them even reading what the Bill was. They didnt want to come off as "unpatriotic" just after 9\11. This is no longer a goverment for the people and by the people. Its a goverment by the Creditors , for the Creditors. Remember these words by our wise Founders:

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. Bejamin Franklin

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

Experience has shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
    "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by bmrigs View Post
      Good point Scott. You know the Patriot Act was passed thru CONgress without them even reading what the Bill was. They didnt want to come off as "unpatriotic" just after 9\11. This is no longer a goverment for the people and by the people. Its a goverment by the Creditors , for the Creditors. Remember these words by our wise Founders:

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. Bejamin Franklin

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

Experience has shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
      They don't read any bills.........

They haven't for years...........

It is not uncommon to have the bill written one day and voted on the next day. Most bills are in excess of 500 pages, thus no one that votes on them reads them......

There have been cases of a vote taking place before the final bill was written....
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
        They don't read any bills.........

They haven't for years...........

It is not uncommon to have the bill written one day and voted on the next day. Most bills are in excess of 500 pages, thus no one that votes on them reads them......

There have been cases of a vote taking place before the final bill was written....
        So they are basically there just to collect a check and making it look like that they are looking out for their constituents. This govt is useless. The only thing they do with efficientcy is devour peoples wealth through taxation and inflation.
        "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

Comment

Sadly rigs yes many of them are just their to collect a paycheck. They are all to afraid to buck the system afraid they will lose party support for the next election.

They commonly have a combination of bureacrats write the laws for them.

Then they have interns that read assigned portions of them.

Comment

You know if you watch MSNBC or Fox news its just a joke how each party member they interview from Congress or the media point the fingers at each other and try to downplay the other canidate. There is no substance, just bickering with each other and putting a twist to convince why their canidate should be the president. This two party system is garbage. Nothing will ever get accomplished as far as America's needs with the way politics have become here. Im disgusted.

Comment

Exactly bmrigs, they is nothing of substance in the D or R, all they do is play the blame game. Get into power, then do the same and it starts all over. They are not interested in real solutions.

What did you think of Obama's recent comment "I am a Citizen of the World". Combined with his campaigning in foreign lands I find this most disturbing. I've always considered McCain a danger to US Sovereignty but I think Obama is 10x worse. He's not running to be President of the World or the European Union or the Persian Empire. He's running to be President of the United States and can't even do that in the United States. Something deeply troubling about it. Anyone that values their freedom and the freedom of the United States should think very long and hard about the man before voting for him otherwise you might find a United States even further eroded under the banner of the United Nations and a North American Union.

Comment

You know if you watch MSNBC or Fox news its just a joke how each party member they interview from Congress or the media point the fingers at each other and try to downplay the other canidate. There is no substance, just bickering with each other
                I cannot stand any of the so called news stations anymore. CNN, MSNBC or Fox. I am absolutely sick of seeing people yell at each other. It is like a television version of the Enquirer. I could care less what Britney Spears is doing and what some so called "expert" thinks of the Iraq war. I am literally astounded at the stuff that passes as news. I haven't watched news on television in over 3 months. So I will continue to get my news from NPR, Reuters, and BBC. I don't believe I have missed anything
                Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
                DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
                Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
                Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

You know if you watch MSNBC or Fox news its just a joke how each party member they interview from Congress or the media point the fingers at each other and try to downplay the other canidate. There is no substance, just bickering with each other and putting a twist to convince why their canidate should be the president. This two party system is garbage. Nothing will ever get accomplished as far as America's needs with the way politics have become here. Im disgusted.

Exactly bmrigs, they is nothing of substance in the D or R, all they do is play the blame game. Get into power, then do the same and it starts all over. They are not interested in real solutions.

What did you think of Obama's recent comment "I am a Citizen of the World". Combined with his campaigning in foreign lands I find this most disturbing. I've always considered McCain a danger to US Sovereignty but I think Obama is 10x worse. He's not running to be President of the World or the European Union or the Persian Empire. He's running to be President of the United States and can't even do that in the United States. Something deeply troubling about it. Anyone that values their freedom and the freedom of the United States should think very long and hard about the man before voting for him otherwise you might find a United States even further eroded under the banner of the United Nations and a North American Union.

Originally posted by MomIcantFindmy View Post
                  I cannot stand any of the so called news stations anymore. CNN, MSNBC or Fox. I am absolutely sick of seeing people yell at each other. It is like a television version of the Enquirer. I could care less what Britney Spears is doing and what some so called "expert" thinks of the Iraq war. I am literally astounded at the stuff that passes as news. I haven't watched news on television in over 3 months. So I will continue to get my news from NPR, Reuters, and BBC. I don't believe I have missed anything
                  Even CNN is like that more than not, but I still like my Lou Dobbs.

Comment

I caught that too Scott about Citizen of the world. He is speaking the language of the New World Order. He is saying the things the Global Elite want to hear. But either way, Mcain or Obama, they are going to do what they are told when they get into office.

Comment

Bandit its good to see you back. Seems you were gone a coulple of days.

Comment

I am around just taking care of problems & more problems that arise. Good to see you, bmrigs.

Comment

here we go again. I have lived a long time but i dont recall this many politicians at once cheating on their wives. iT is like every month they are coming out of the lies.

Former U.S. senator and Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards admitted Friday to an extramarital affair. He denied being the father of the woman's child, as had been alleged in tabloid reports.

(CNN) -- Former U.S. senator and Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards admitted Friday to an extramarital affair. He denied being the father of the woman's child, as had been alleged in tabloid reports.

I am guessing that they are all doing it, lying about it until they get caught. & to think I may have voted for Edwards. I believed him when he said he did not do it.

Comment

Edwards definately created a nice, pile of hot mess for himself!! Didn't he consider himself a good christian man too?
                            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

And now you know better...
                              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                                Edwards definately created a nice, pile of hot mess for himself!! Didn't he consider himself a good christian man too?

oh that is right. I think he was. I think everyone of them in this past year have been.

It is a good thing Obamas marriage is still young...give it a few more years.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X