health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

health insurance

I recently lost my job and took a less paying job and presently have no health coverage. I have been checking around and the rates are terrible.
    I'm in Tennessee do you have any recommendations of a good health plan with affordable rates?

Are you still able to sign up for COBRA coverage from your other employer? I believe there may be a grace period. That's usually much cheaper than private insurance. Otherwise, you'll need to go with private, and yes, it will be expensive, but the alternative is worse. Going without insurance can prevent you from qualifying for insurance in the future even a group plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      Are you still able to sign up for COBRA coverage from your other employer?

Going without insurance can prevent you from qualifying for insurance in the future even a group plan.
      Our COBRA premiums were $900/mo the last half of '04 and first half of '05. Granted that was family coverage and not individual. BlueCross/BlueShield. COBRA was not cheap.

We had to get BC/BS to send a Certificate of Coverage to the new insurance provider. Not having a Cert would not have precluded us from having medical coverage on the new plan. We would have been subject to a 1 year, pre-existing conditions exclusion with the new carrier.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Visit eHealth for personalized coverage solutions and a wide selection of plans. Finding health insurance has never been simpler.

You can buy individual policies for pretty cheap with prescription coverage and low copays!
        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
          www.ehealthinsurance.com

You can buy individual policies for pretty cheap with prescription coverage and low copays!
          Good luck. I've been declined for every health coverage out there, when perfectly healthy, and willing to pay out of pocket for premiums. Thats how you know this is getting to be a really XXXXXX country, pardon my language. I am just enraged that a perfectly healthy young male like myself is refused health coverage from anyone and everyone, simply because I go to the doctor every now and then I am no longer in their acceptable category of being 'low risk' healthcare providers.
          Last edited by Minnymouth; 10-31-2006, 07:03 AM.

Comment

unfortunately if does not pay to be honest on your application for health insurance. I would recomend to at least get a high deducible hospitalization and accident insurance plan to prevent you from financial ruin in case of a major illness. BC BS usually have decent rates on there types of plans although they do not cover everyday illnesses and injuries. Try your local community hospital and see if they have a sliding scale primary care clinic of some sort.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
              Good luck. I've been declined for every health coverage out there, when perfectly healthy, and willing to pay out of pocket for premiums. Thats how you know this is getting to be a really xxxxxx country, pardon my language. I am just enraged that a perfectly healthy young male like myself is refused health coverage from anyone and everyone, simply because I go to the doctor every now and then I am no longer in their acceptable category of being 'low risk' healthcare providers.
              Wow.
              I am really surprised. They approved my gma who is in really poor health, and visits the doctor on a weekly basis.

Sorry!

I do agree though, about healthcare being xxxxxx! It's a mess.
              Last edited by Minnymouth; 10-31-2006, 07:05 AM.
              BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
                Wow.
                I am really surprised. They approved my gma who is in really poor health, and visits the doctor on a weekly basis.

Sorry!

I do agree though, about healthcare being xxxxx! It's a mess.
                Is Gma on Medicare?? That may be why. It's easier for older people to get a coinsurance plan than for a younger, healthy person to get full coverage.

But even then, there's a time limit for older folks to get Medi-Gap insurance. Once you're over 70, it's darned near, if not impossible to switch carriers.
                Last edited by Minnymouth; 10-31-2006, 07:05 AM.
                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                Discharged - 12/2006
                Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X