Call Off the Amber Alert! I am back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Off the Amber Alert! I am back!

To all my friends and supporters on this board, I just wanted to say HELLO, I am back.

Did anyone even notice I was gone or am I making an idiot of myself right now??? LOL

After I refinanced out of my Bankruptcy and got the money back from the close, I just needed a break from the whole BK thing. It had been on the forefront of my mind for two years and especially the last few months before I closed. It was like I was mentally exhausted from the constant worry and angst over the whole thing. It was such a hard two years - the car accident where I could't even pay the deductible, a baby daughter (who was not a "problem" but adding a mouth to feed in a BK was very hard!) and just the general constant creative financing you need to do just to survive.

But in the last couple of weeks, I've been thinking about how much this board helped me through so many tough times and answered so many questions that I really wanted to come back and maybe return the favor to others who are going through the process.

So while I may not be as active as I was before, I will definitely help where I can. Plus to be honest, I really missed everyone here (except Fedler! LOL). Going through a BK creates a real bond with other who are going through the same thing.

Oh yeah....I refinanced out of my BK on 8/23/06 and I am still NOT officially discharged yet. Still waiting on the papers...so "technically", I am still bankrupt! LOL
    Date Filed: 12/19/2004
    341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
    Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
    Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Thank you for popping back in. Glad to hear things worked out for your.

Recently, a lot of people have been asking about REFI'ng out of Chapter 13, so hopefully you can comment on your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jman30 View Post
      Did anyone even notice I was gone or am I making an idiot of myself right now??? LOL

...to be honest, I really missed everyone here (except Fedler! LOL). Going through a BK creates a real bond with other who are going through the same thing.
      Oh yes, we noticed you were MIA, JMan...figured you needed a bk rest after the turmoil of the last few years. So glad you felt like it was time to return - we missed you! You have so much to share with our bk "newbies" so jump on into the question and answer pool anytime! Glad you're back and doing well!

(And you'll be happy to know that Fedler and his alter-egos have been permanently banned. Won't be seeing him here! )
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

WELCOME BACK JMAN......

Hope you got lots of rest on your R&R from the forum and now have lots of answers for lots of questions that others might have........

Share your Chapter 13 experience with the newbies and why and how you decided to refinance out of your Chapter 13.......

Tickled pink to hear from you....

Minny
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Thanks so much to all of you! It feels weird to be the person with helpful information to help newbies, instead of being the person asking all the questions.
          Date Filed: 12/19/2004
          341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
          Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
          Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

I missed you and know what you mean about being tired mentally. For me, that is much worse than physical exhaustion. I'm really glad that life has settled down for you. Now on to bigger and better things like "spoiling" that precious baby girl. They grow up way too fast.

When I say "spoiling," I of course mean lots and lots of hugs and playtime. And do rock her to sleep if you can. She will outgrow it WAY before you do

jane
            Filed: 2/24/2006
            341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
            Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X