Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Cat

Hi fellow Bk'ers

I just rescued a 3-4 month old all Black Cat, sweet as hell, I think its a boy, cuz when i gave it a bath I think I saw balls but I was in a rush to get back to work.

I want to name him/her .. originally I was going to pick Calvin .. seeing that I have Hobbes, but it seems I'm leaning more towards "Shadow," its more generic since I'm not sure if its a boy or a girl, YET.

I'll spend all day with it tomorrow when I get off this graveyard shift tonight, I CAN'T WAIT !

Any suggestions for a name? Something UNIQUE .. you know !

Thanks, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Kats Name

Hi,

Why not consider the name...Shine...for your new friend.

Rio

Comment

What a nice Christmas present for you and the cat!!!! A good home and a buddy to talk too.............. YOU WON'T BE SORRY, BELEIVE ME.......

I had a momma cat for 17 years and her baby for 24 years. Best friends I ever had.....

Now I have dogs (beagles), but I still love cats...... they are more independent than dogs are.....

Rescuing and giving an animal a home is one of the nicest things you can do for yourself and them.......

Names.......................... well you'll look at him/her and all of a sudden say you'll think - "You look like a __________ to me....... and you'll have your name.

Congradulations on the new "friend" in your life.................
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

My new kitty

I just rescued a big black and white kitty last week! He is one, his name is nekko san..lol.. Japanese for Mr cat!
        We were going to name him Onyx.
        Nekko san came down with a cold thats been going around the shelter though and is sneeezing like crazy...:-(
        Congrats!
        WAM
        ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
        WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
        PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Shadow

Ive decided to name him SHADOW and have already taken him to the vet for feline shots all that, he's got a clean bill of health ! He's sooo affectionate and gets a bit skitty (but not that bad) he comes out from hiding and craves attention. After I brought him to the vet he had an "accident," on the bed, I HOPE it doesn't happen too often, than he pee'd later on the bed too! GHEEESH ! But he's a keeper!

Catchmeifyoucan

Comment

catchmeifyoucan,That's so sweet that you adopted this poor kitty.It sounds like your kitty has a good home.I'm so happy.I don't like seeing animals without a home.It makes me sad.
            Also don't forget to bring your new kitty to the Vet for a check-up.You might also want to look into having your kitty neutered if he isn't already.That way it prevents him from squirting all over your house.
            Have fun.
            Donna
            Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
              Hi fellow Bk'ers

I just rescued a 3-4 month old all Black Cat, sweet as hell, I think its a boy, cuz when i gave it a bath I think I saw balls but I was in a rush to get back to work.

I want to name him/her .. originally I was going to pick Calvin .. seeing that I have Hobbes, but it seems I'm leaning more towards "Shadow," its more generic since I'm not sure if its a boy or a girl, YET.

I'll spend all day with it tomorrow when I get off this graveyard shift tonight, I CAN'T WAIT !

Any suggestions for a name? Something UNIQUE .. you know !

Thanks, Catchmeifyoucan
              I am just now reading your post about Shadow. First of all, bless you for taking him/her in. I am a foster home for cats and have many. They are my babies (empty nest syndrome??) and I am very fussy about who they go to. No declawing and inside only.

I love black cats. I love all cats. Just make sure s/he is s/n by 6 months, 4 if possible.

Thumbs up to anyone that helps rescue any kind of animals.

You can judge man's character by his compassion for animals.....( cant' remember who quoted that offhand.)

Good luck and an update would be nice.

Toomuch
              ~~~ Toomuch ~~~

Filed Chapter 7 - 10/15/08
              341 Meeting - 11/13/08

Comment

When I left to visit my relatives over Christmas, my cat must have jumped out the door when I was getting my luggage. When I got home (5 day's later), the cat was no where to be found. (This is a definate inside cat that will usually only stand at the door and look out but never goes out). She showed up late new years eve, I opened my door and she ran in. Poor cat was outside for 6 days total, and lost alot of weight. Glad you gave this cat a new home, especially this time of year. Before long though, the cat will be running the house, I know my cats rule the nest.
                Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
                Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
                Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I GOT A BENGAL ! ! ! and SHADOWS update !

Hi animal lovers!

Update on Shadow, I took him for his first shots about a month ago, and he tested negative - Healthy Boy! 2nd shots due soon.
                  Someone from craigs list was giving up their femal BENGAL named DeeDee. I've always wanted one but they can be very expensive! ($500 and up!). Well she is 5yrs old and healthy and had been spade. I was looking for a kitten about the age of Shadow but how could I pass up this expensive FREE cat! Their owner died and the son/his wife didn't want to take care of her. So Shadow has a big playmate! (We're talking 13lbs!). It only took a day for DeeDee (the Bengal to 'warm up' - shockingly). She is not a lap cat but will lay near you. She likes her own space more often than not. She was hissing at Shadow and growling, but by the 3rd day they were chasing each other around the apt and batting this mouse toy back and forth. It was comforting to know they will get along afterall. When Shadow gets to close, she growls and backs off, but I do see less growling - so they are getting to know each other. He loves to taunt/tease her. He will pounce towards her than runs away, sometime she chases him back. It hasn't gotten to the point where they physically rough house yet! She is so much bigger than him 13lbs against 4lbs.
                  Tomorrow I'm picking up a half Abyssinian/Bengal kitten, a better match for Shadow (but I'm still keeping DeeDee - I see her as their "protector."). And the Abyss/Bengal is FREE too. I feel so lucky to acquire these exotic animals.
                  Shadow, plays fetch - I throw mice across the room and he runs and brings them back! He turned out to be such a ham and very affectionate. He curls right up to me when I sleep and loves to rub his face against mine while kneading my shoulders. Why do cats knead?
                  Im attaching the Abyss/Bengal kitten if you all can view her (her name is Dora - for Dora the explorer but I think Im going to rename her "Sabrina," its sound pretty. Im attaching Doras Mama named Kelly (full Abyssinian)

Catchmeifyoucan

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
                    Why do cats knead?
                    Kittens knead their mother's teats when they are nursing to bring the milk down faster. Some cats don't stop the kneading behavior and continue to knead when they are adults because it's a source of comfort when they are safe and happy. [http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/s...le.cfm?id=303]
                    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

YES and it can be quite painful when you have 22 pound cat (11 years old) kneading your shoulder while flexing his claws!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                      Kittens knead their mother's teats when they are nursing to bring the milk down faster. Some cats don't stop the kneading behavior and continue to knead when they are adults because it's a source of comfort when they are safe and happy. [http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/s...le.cfm?id=303]

Comment

I noticed most cats/kittens are very conscientious when they touch your face with their paws. Like when I'm picking up my kittens/cat to kiss them and they've had enough they will throw up their paws but their claws wont come out.
                        Anyone else have a Bengal? I'm hearing Bengals don't like to be held. My kitten/Bengal doesn't like to be picked up and cuddled but when its rest time she likes to snuggle close to my face. Fine and dandy but I would still like to cuddle her in my arms when I feel like it!
                        Also does anyone know if there just "faking it," my regular domestic cat was extremely jeolous when I introduced the kitty Bengal into the family (its just me, shadow (the black cat) and another 5yr old Bengal - and now the kitty/abyssinian/bengal). At first Shadow would hiss and spit at her and rush at her. Now I see them rough housing together, sometimes I think he is being a bit too aggressive but she gives it right back to him. And now they sleep on the same bed, sometimes together. Tonight I noticed shadow licking her head/ears etc! So is this a sign they are going to get along afterall?

Thanks, Catchmeifyocuan

Catchmeifyoucan
                        Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 01-09-2007, 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling and adding info

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X