Impetigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impetigo

Well I've been out for a few nights with Impetigo, sopposedly picked up from who knows who. Could be my cat "shadow," could be from my friend who visits more often than not, who also has cats. It really sucks folks. Ever heard of it? Mostly common in children, and can easily spread. I've got welts all over my body, looks like tiny ringworms, but much worst. I HATE IT !

Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Back when we were kids, my sister used to get it. If she got mosquitoe or bug bites, they would get all infected and more bumps would develope. Mom had some sort of ointment prescribed by the doctor to use on the welts.

Hope you're feeling better real soon, CMIYC.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Oh gosh, I have not been on here in a while and I hate to have this be the first thing I chime in on, but I had to. We had an absolute pandemic case of this in our home this past summer. I have 3 children and 1 brought it into the house and the entire family just kept passing it around and around to each other. It took us months to finally rid ourselves of it. Yuck! I hope you live alone - for your sake and anyone elses. : ) Did your doctor tell you that you should probably have your pet treated as well? Coz you should. (We found that out the hard way) Best of luck!

Comment

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/impetigo/DS00464
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

(Putting on my registered nurse hat.... )
          Impetigo is a bacterial infection under the skin caused by staphylococcus or streptococcus bacteria, typically around breaks in the skin. These bacterias live on our skin all the time, but can gain a foothold and multiply when there's a break in the skin like a mosquito bite or scratch.

It's the drainage from the sores that's infectious, so always wash your hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap after putting on medicine or after touching the sores. The goal of treatment is to cure the infection which relieves the symptoms and stops the sores from spreading.

A mild infection may be treated with a prescription antibacterial cream. More severe cases may require antibiotics, taken by mouth.

CMIYC, to help the infection go away faster, wash the affected skin gently several times a day, preferably with an antibacterial soap, to remove crusts and drainage. Use a clean washcloth and towel each time, and wash washcloths and towels in hot water after use on the affected areas to ensure the infection doesn't spread to other human household members. Also don't share razors or other personal items that touch the skin that is infected. This will help keep the bacteria from spreading.

Luckily impetigo sores usually heal without scars once the bacteria is brought back under control. Hang in there!
          Last edited by lrprn; 01-26-2007, 10:50 PM.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks for all your advice, and concern. I have been to the doctor and am on antibiotics both by mouth and use a couple different creams prescribed by the doctor. I'm doing much better after a week of "hell," it seemed. Shadow my black cat is on a heavy antibiotic from the vet, I feel so bad for him - he has lost most his hair around his face, eyes, head, and different parts of his body. I wonder what kind of pain he is going through himself. I love that little black cat of mine. The doctor said that if he is not improving he could give him a steroid shot, but over time too many would give him a liver problem. I'm better now, all I want is Shadow to get better. I have another kitten who is half Abyssinian and half Bengal, she seems to be doing fine - we think her immune system is much better!

Will keep you all posted! Cheers, Catchmeifyoucan

Oh, I live by myself with my two kittens and I do have my friend that visits more often than not who got the first stages of Impetigo (but they didn't ooze out like mine). She started off with ring worm, than started developing spots like mine. But we are healing

Comment

Update on SHADOW and IMPETIGO

Well Shadow is healing and has gained most of his hair back and is not swollen like he used to be (he will stay on his antibiotic for a couple months though. THANK GOODNESS I love that little runt to death.

I just got Genevieve and Shadow "spade/neutered," I so much wanted "grand kittens," but we thought it best to keep the cat population down - you know, and we didn't want Genevieve to suffer if there were any complications with a pregnancy.

Shadow is now about 6 months old and Genevieve is a month behind. I notices Shadow is getting a bit more aggressive in his aging year! When I'm trying to sleep he gets in this playing mode and starts attacking an unseen object in my covers and often my body gets in the way of his attacks and he ends up scratching me OUCH! I'm like "what the heck!" come to find out they hide their toy mice everywhere imagineable including UNDER my covers (NOOO WONDER!). Even drops them in their water bowl at times!

As far as my IMPETIGO, I've got 3 breakouts on my head that are really sore when I try to lay down and new ones have formed on my back (but keeping them tame - no oozing/crust forming YET, I will be seeing the Docter this Tuesday. I was allergic to the antibiotic pill he had prescribed to me and I hope he can prescribe a different one without the "sulphate," (sulphur???). I've been keeping them at bay (they are not busting out and ooozing and forming crust lets just say) with the prescribed creams but I really think I need a pill to get rid of them entirely, its going on 2 months, I hate it!

Thanks for reading, CMIYC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X