Minny - Case Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minny - Case Update

WELL FOLKS, HOPEFULLY SOON IT WILL BE ALL OVER.................

My Trustee has FINALLY filed a petition to close my case as of the end of March........ONLY AFTER 830 DAYS SO FAR.......It's about time.............. I think he has dragged his feet long enough - almost 3 years....

Now for a final accounting of EVERYTHING...... what he got out of it money wise and where all the money went too........ should be interesting reading......!!!!

So glad it will soon be over..... been a long wait........

Now I can get on with the rest of WHAT I NEED TO DO NOW....... and that's go after the people that caused me all the major problems during my bankruptcy....

Also am in the process of refinancing and getting my home off the land contract and back with a mortgage company....

Credit score is back up high again and life is settling down to a peaceful roar.....

Just wanted to update you all on what's going on with my case.......
    here's hoping nothing holds it up again........

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Good for you Minny. Glad to hear this is finally coming to an end. To be honest, I don't know if I could have endured what you have gone through. It's been alomost one year since my discharge and I'm getting impatient about closing....LOL!

Best of luck to you with the refinance. I am VERY HAPPY that you were able to keep your home.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Congratulations! You must be jumping up & down!
      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
      Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Thank Goodness! I'm like Bassboy-I'd have gone nutz had mine taken a turn like yours.

Comment

They've Brew Ha'd you and yanked you around enough. Letting you think this time and that before that your case would finally Close.

Here's hoping this time it sticks, Minny!!
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I am completely thrilled and excited for you, Minny! The torture you have gone through is so unfair - I hope your trustee gets into all kinds of trouble with the US trustee. It's hard to believe that a straightforward, no asset Ch 7 could take this long to close unless there was something shady/illegal going on behind the scenes. I hope you will finally have some peace and sense of closure - you've earned it ten times over!
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

This is wonderful news, a long time coming Min and we all are happy for you. The hard times will hopefully be behind you.
              Last edited by robivi3; 01-31-2007, 05:50 PM.
              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Yes, THIS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TOO....... time to get the ball back in my ballpark....... and the opportunity to turn the tables on those that caused me so much grief the last 3 years...... am looking forward to "seeing them in court"................
                Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I haven't been around long enough to know your story. Is there a post that explains what happened? I'd like to get caught up. And congratulations! What a big relief it must be after 3 long years!
                  Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                  TU: 535

Comment

I'm so happy for you Minny, i've been rootin' for ya!! and i'm so glad it's almost over.. I hope you really make them pay for what all they did to you!! Good luck in your future, wishing you the best!
                    ez2bgramz
                    Petition filed 07/03/2003
                    Confirmed 10/20/2003
                    Closed 01/26/2007
                    Discharged 03/08/2007

Comment

Originally posted by niteflytes View Post
                      I haven't been around long enough to know your story. Is there a post that explains what happened? I'd like to get caught up. And congratulations! What a big relief it must be after 3 long years!
                      For those that don't know the history of Minny's case,...........

Here's a link to a thread that'll get you caught up:

http://www.bankruptcyforum.com/showthread.php?t=4432
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Oh, Minny! That is wonderful news! We will ALL do the Happy Dance!!!!

You more than deserve peace and happiness! Enuff is enuff!!

jane
                        Filed: 2/24/2006
                        341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                        Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

You are ONE STRONG lady. I'm so happy you will finally have this mess over ...here's to getting your closure!!
                          Whoo hoo!
                          WAM
                          ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
                          WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
                          PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

What fabulous news Minny. When all is said and done, take a big cleansing breath and go get em. NOBODY should have to endure so long. Congrats and good luck for a quick closing.
                            Filed: 08/09/06
                            341: 09/18/06
                            Discharged: 11/22/06
                            Closed 11/30/06

Comment

Allright Minny. I have been waiting to hear " the rest of the story" since I joined this forum.

May this hurry up and be truly over for you!!
                              Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
                              Plan approved- 7/11/05
                              Date discharged--10-12-2007
                              Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X