Winter Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Storm

For those who are enduring the Winter Storm that has come from the Texas Panhandle up to the Northeast, and for those who have endured the Lake Effect in New York, please be careful out there if you must travel.

Here in Northeast Ohio, it's absolutely miserable out there. We have had over 14-inches of snow since yesterday afternoon and there is more snow on the way for this morning. The roads are completely snow covered and the crews are having a difficult time keeping up. Soon after they plow a street, the heavy snow and wind cover the roadways. It is also near white-out conditions. Folks are spinning out of control and getting stranded in ditches and medians, and then having to wait for more than an hour to get pulled out.

PLEASE be careful out there folks!
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

BassBoy,

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT................ it is dangerous out there.........wind chills are below zero......

We are very fortunate here in SE Ky........ all we got out of it was ice this morning and a skiff of snow right now......

Our schools are closed today because of the hilly country roads and the ice...... hard to climb a hill on icy roads.......

Northern KY got a of ice - and now snow to follow.......

All the heavy snow has missed us this year....... we have counted our blessings for sure.........

I just pray that everyone that is experiencing all the bad weather, have food, heat, and the help of others when needed....
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

We haven't seen an official snow total here in north western Indiana,........... But our local weatherman's BLOG has 16 inches posted as of 11:00 pm last night.

Our snow plows were out all night Monday night into Tuesday. The Roads Dept pulled them at 6 pm last night. We still had snow coming down with blowing and drifting. The wind has been wicked. So the road crews weren't making any headway. Also, they had 2 trucks break down and 1 truck got stuck. So the Roads Dept was hoping to take time last night to get the trucks back up and running by 4 am this morning.

We had left over snow from a week go already on the ground. We shovelled the walks and drive yesterday, around the cars and out to the road. We didn't even bother with up by the house. There's a huge drift there. Going back out to hit it again today. Right now, we have piles along the walk and drive that are 4+ feet tall. And the drift in front of the garage is 6 feet.

We're under a winter snow watch/warning. Only emergency travel is allowed. If you get out on the roads and the police stop you,.......... Or if you slide off the road and get caught,.......... You can be ticketed, fined, or jailed. There was no mail delivery yesterday. Don't know about today yet. And trash pick-up was cancelled yesterday too.

Most businesses and all the schools are closed. It's like a ghost town out there. Doctors offices closed cancelling all appointments. Hospitals have cancelled all non Emergency surgical proceedures. The ER's are open with staff members that are sleeping over at the hospitals.

This has been the worst storm on record since 1978. Which, BTW,....... We've beat. This is the new record winter storm for our area.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

We didn't much of the storm in my region of Massachusetts...we did get a good amount of sleet though, making it extremely slippery outside. One car ran off the road on my way to work this morning.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I'm working with a client in Indianapolis, Indiana right now - it's a mess here in central Indiana as well with a foot of snow with sleet and ice under that. Roads are very slippery and treacherous. No clients made it into the office this morning, but our consulting team was onsite and ready to go at 8 am! The clients have been trickling in slowly all day, amazed that we were able to get here so early!

If you've been impacted by this storm, do be careful out there!
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

The first time it snowed this winter, I witnessed a car driven by teenager(s). Lose control, and rollover into a ditch. Luckily, none of them were injured, when I pulled over to assist them. I have to admit though, I gave them a quick ass chewing after I realized no one was injured! This accident was caused by sheer stupidity!!! Next time they will all know that it isn't smart to drive a car at 70+ mph when the highway is caked with snow!!!
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

You got that right HRx. This morning, some person in a 4x4 came flying pass me on a snow covered roadway and near zero visibility. What is it with some people that think just because they have 4-wheel drive, they can drive normal speed limits (I drive on a road that is 55mph), with bad road conditions and/or low visibility.

LOL....I saw quite a few 4x4's stuck in ditches and medians over the last 24 hours. Hmmmm, I guess they forgot to flip on the 4x4 switch....LOL!
              Bankruptcy History:
              Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
              Discharged - 02/16/2006
              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

We have 1 4x4 and we needed it to get out of our cul-de-sac. The curb drops off about 4" from our driveway. The snow is so deep on our road, you can't get out without 4 wheel drive.

The County hasn't been able to get here yet and normally we wouldn't have gone out. But, Mom needed some meds so we had to make a run to the drug store. Grabbed some milk and filled up on gas while we were out too.

You have to be careful here even out on the State Highways. Where the snow drifts across, your lane can suddenly just disappear into a snow bank.
                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                Discharged - 12/2006
                Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I've been watching this on the news since I have family on the east coast. Please be safe out there and make a snow angel for me!!!
                  Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                  Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

IT IS FRIGGIN' COLD OUT THERE ! I'm in Virginia, and I HATE THIS ICE! I stayed at the hotel near my work, but I got to get home by tomorrow AM and check on my little kittys, I left extra food and water because I knew I wouldn't be home for at least a night. I hope they are fine! I keep the heat on at least 80 degrees for them!

Catchmeifyoucan
                    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

The snow storm that hit NoVa back in the winter of 2003 was insane! My job was closed for about 3 days if I remember correctly. Truely unbelievable!!! I heard the blizzard in '96 was a nightmare for NoVa too!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X