Still Got Impetigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Got Impetigo

Its been about a month now and I still have the sun of a gun. (the doctor said it could go on for a couple months) I was taking this antibiotic but into the 2nd week I got an allergic reaction and my face bloomed out (got swollen) and really red and my eyes got tiny. Of course I had to stop taking it. My doctor said most people are allergic to the sulphate (or is it sulphur?) in certain meds, sometimes they wont discover it right away, like me. I thought I was doing fine as most of my spots cleared up throughout my body. But than I had to stop taking it. Now Ive got MORE tiny outbreaks, the creams the dermatologist prescribed seem to be saving me from a major outbreak. But now I got the darn things attacking my scalp - I feel like I got a hole in my head!

Where's that nurse ??? Im due for a follow up in about 2 weeks, but I don't know if I should hold out that long ??? AND its really hard to get an appt with this doctor. Can this virus do some serious damage in the long run? Doctor in the house ???

Any suggestions, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Are you seeing a regular MD or a dematoligist?

Lots of people are allergic to sulfur, which is in many meds....... not unusual..... they'll have to put you on an antibiotic that does not contain it......

Good luck, its very hard to get rid of and sometimes a slow process..... and like poison ivy or poison oak it spreads like wildfire......

I have a "cure" for poison ivy ad poison oak, hives, (not recommended for ANY CHILD).... AND NO DOCTOR WOULD RECOMMEND IT.
    I use gasoline.............. just a dab on each place. Kills off the infection, itch, and does it instantly...........

Years ago I got into poison oak real bad, had it all over my hands...... could not get rid of it, all the meds in the world didn't help much.....

An old farmer told me to dip my hands in gasoline or kerosene to kill it off - BUT HE ALSO WARNED ME - IT WAS GOING TO BE VERY PAINFUL FOR A FEW MINUTES - A "COLD BURN"......... BOY WAS HE RIGHT.........

I dipped my hand down in the gasoline and when I pulled it back out I started yelling and dancing...... IT HURT...... burned like "crazy"......I shook my hand, blowed on it and everything........ after a minute the pain went away and no more itch...... started healig up right away.... and was gone..... quick as can be......

It hurts, but it works!!!!!

Seems the gasoline/kerosene kills the infection, stops the itching, and promotes healing of the tissue by drying it out real quick....

Course you have to be sure to wach off your hands right after the burn stops..... and get the excess gasoline off your hands.

You might just try a place or two with a cotton ball..... remember NEVER around the eyes, ears, nose, mouth or any other sensitive part of the body....

To this day, I still use gasoline or kerosene for insect bites, chiggers,rashes, etc..... will even stop the sting from "fire ants"......

But one thing is for sure - the "cold burn" from the gasoline/kerosene will separate the men from the boys..... I've seen grown men dance around just like I do when I use it......

Good luck, hope you get it under control.........my remedy or not......
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
      My doctor said most people are allergic to the sulphate (or is it sulphur?) in certain meds
      It's *sulfa* the doctor was referring to. You had an allergic reaction to the sulfa - that's what caused the swelling and redness you experienced.

Where's that nurse ???
      Right here

Im due for a follow up in about 2 weeks, but I don't know if I should hold out that long ???
      You should call now and tell your doctor the infection is spreading.

AND its really hard to get an appt with this doctor.
      You may not need to get an appointment, just give him/her an update on your condition over the phone. Since the doctor has already seen you, they might be willing to write a different prescription over the phone for you.

And although gasoline may have worked for Minny's poison oak, hives, etc, what you have is completely different. Gasoline spread over a large portion of skin is easily absorbed through the skin - very risky because gasoline is toxic to the body. Don't do it! Call your doctor. You need a different antibiotic that doesn't have sulfa in it.

Can this virus do some serious damage in the long run?
      What you have isn't a virus, it's a bacteria. There are other treatments for staph or strep skin infections besides sulfa drugs - ask your doctor what he/she recommends to try next.
      Last edited by lrprn; 02-28-2007, 06:54 AM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

lrprin,

You absolutely right..... I don't recommend the gas/kerosene treatment for everyone, in fact not most people.

I only use dabs of it on spots of poison ivy and oak, bug bites, etc.....

And yes, I'm sure its toxic..... just the smell is.....

I don't suggest using it on a big open wound by any means.... could be dangerous.....

If someone does try it...... please don't lite any cigs till after you wash up......

Guess I wasn't thinking of the "dangerous side of it" when I commented that I used it.....

Thanks lrprn for setting me straight on the precautions.... and that there is other meds available besides sulfa....
        Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Supha based antibiotics are very good for broad spectrum applications. Kinda like carpet bombing the bacteria. But many people can, and do have allergic reactions to Sulpha based antibiotics.

As Lrprn suggested, call the Doctor's office and let them know what's going on. That since you've discontinued the antibiotic treatement, your case is worsening. Maybe the Doctor can simply call in a different antibiotic for you.

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon, CMIYC!!
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Minny Im seeing a dermatologist for the Impetigo, I went to see my doctor only because of the reaction I was having. IM READY TO DIVE INTO A POOL OF GASOLINE !

Irpn, guess I'll think twice about the pool of gasoline! Maybe I'll try it on a few spots (just a few).

My SO had some bug bites and the dermatologist (same one I'm seeing) prescribed some itching foam. I used it the night before and it seemed to have calmed down the first stages of what looks like bites. Think I can hold off for the 2 weeks until my appt March 13th. I'm still tempted to use the gasoline though!

Thanks everyone !
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

If the foam works, use it first, gasoline make not be good idea for your problem...... I'M SURE YOUR DOCTOR WOULD HAVE A FIT!!!!!

Hope you get it cleared up real soon..... I'm sure your miserable.........
              Minny

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X