X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you doing to cope with the stress

during filing?

I am keeping myself busy by:

Exercising daily - exercise and depression can't live in the same house...
    Growing Vegitables - Tomatoes, Jalapenos and Herbs
    Cleaning the garage - well....
    Socializing - BSin' with friends about non-monetary subjects
    Drinking Beer - Probably not the best coping mechanism but....

The goal was to exhaust myself between work and the above activities so I could fall asleep. I'm averaging about 4 hours a night. My norm is 6 hours.
    Filed: 12-06 341 : 03-07 (moved back)
    LD OB:04-07 no objections!! Discharged: 4/18/07
    Closed: 06/06/07 :yahoo: :yahoo:

I use to work 2 full time jobs .. in between I sleep (of course) .. when I quit one job (to convert to Ch7) .. I immediately picked up Overtime from the lack of my day job .. 20-30-40-60-70 hours a week OT .. now I'm at about 50-60-70-80 hours OT .. so no room for recreation EXCEPT for the occassional Saturday, the day after payday to have a little fun to gamble with my hard earned money, and when I hit .. its THAT much sweeter ! ! !

Gambling relieves my stress as well ! Playing with my krazy kittens relieves my stress TOO ! ! !

CMIYC
    Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 04-09-2007, 08:42 PM.
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Drugs!

Xanax worked wonders!!
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

On the worst stress days, I get out my digital camera (photography is my passion!) and lose myself making and tweaking new images. Also to cope better, I try to learn as much as I can about whatever is stressing me. Once I knew bk might be in our future, researching bk became my hobby too - that's how I found this forum! I'm still out there surfing and reading about bk, especially Ch 13 cases, almost every day. Never a dull moment after BAPCPA passed!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I honestly try not to think about it. Obviously not working though -- since I am here all day!

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
            Also to cope better, I try to learn as much as I can about whatever is stressing me. Once I knew bk might be in our future, researching bk became my hobby too - that's how I found this forum! I'm still out there surfing and reading about bk, especially Ch 13 cases, almost every day. Never a dull moment after BAPCPA passed!
            I hear you on that. I've been reading up about CH7. Probably not an unvisited link on Google obtained from search criteria such as "discharge, objection, adversary proceeding, rebuilding credit. means test etc...."
            Filed: 12-06 341 : 03-07 (moved back)
            LD OB:04-07 no objections!! Discharged: 4/18/07
            Closed: 06/06/07 :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Buspar, it worked for a few days, but it's not working now.
              I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

POWDERED DONUTS! I also started a journal. This is the most stressful time I have ever experience.

Comment

Being a musician, I would beat the living daylights out of my drum set. It was fun and stress relieving to take out my aggressions/frustrations on a defensless cymbal........they don't hit back. LOL!
                  Last edited by BassBoy; 04-10-2007, 10:13 AM.
                  Bankruptcy History:
                  Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                  Discharged - 02/16/2006
                  Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                    Drugs!

Xanax worked wonders!!
                    I want your doctor!
                    DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

AWWWWWW STRESS RELIEVERS............... I have many that I have used over the last 895 days waiting on closing............

Dogs - love them and pet them to death...........they love it, works for me!!

When I get that urge to kill - throw water balloons at the fence and watch them break...... wish each one of them was the head of my Trustee...... (dogs chase them too - dual purpose).

A toddy for the body when I get in from work in the evening before I start on anything else....... helps keep the doc away also...

Waterfalls EVERWHERE...... I have one in the yard, one on the deck, two in the house..... Sit out on the deck, close you eyes, sip on a cold one and listen to the waterfall for about 15 min..... (SOOOOO RELAXING, you can almost fall asleep..... good thing I don't lay in a hammock!!!!

Count my blessing daily, don't want for much in life, and hopefully this will all be over soon.....

And very thankful that things turned out as well as they did in my case, I got my home back, and finances are now back to a nice minimum..... and life is looking a lot better for the future.... I can actually laugh, smile, and look forward to the future.....

Hopefully the Trustee will close this case soon, I think he's stretched........ it out long enough now...... and I can get on with the program of suing the parties that caused me MOST OF THIS GRIEF.......

Stress is gradually leaving my world, and I'm not sorry to see it go...... I love peace and living in peace...... nothing better!!!

Minny
                      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by bige1030 View Post
                        I want your doctor!

About 10 years ago, I went thru bouts of struggling to breathe. Chest pains. The whole 9 yards of "heart attack" symptoms. I finally relented and saw my doctor.

We did all the cardiology testing as a precaution, but the doctor suspected I suffered from Panic Attacks. Testing comes back good. I tried the brown paper bag. Exercise. You name it. No luck. I get Xanax. No more symptoms.

I can't even remember what was going on in life at that time. Some time later, I weaned off the Xanax with no problems. But going thru BK brought it all back. So back on the Xanax I went.

This time I didn't even hesitate. Told the Doc what was going on in my life. I was having problems again. And I got a new script. I'm working on weaning myself off it again. Stress is lots lower now.
                        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                        Discharged - 12/2006
                        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

My pets are a great stress reliever and I pray.

Happiness is just an emotion. We can decide to be happy despite our circumstances. We can't change them and BK is not against the law, one of the best comments I read on here, so the worst that can happen is you start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post
                            Buspar, it worked for a few days, but it's not working now.
                            I've taken that for years, its been a lifesaver. 15mg at bedtime.

Comment

Eating...

Ive become a junk food junkie, addicted to soda, etc. I feel like hell from it. Im trying to eat better but I cant afford to shop organic/natural food stores any more so thats one thing I miss. I use to be a strict vegetarian, and thats gone down the tubes. Ive also aquired a taste for red wine at bedtime and oversleeping when possible. I'm getting fat fast!
                              My coping techniques are horrid. I have cronic pain issues I am trying to work through, that the Dr.'s involved in an accident (hired by the insurance company) said are not bad enough for them to furthur treatment. Its funny how one Dr. says one thing and another says something different. In the end the insurance company won and I'm screwed. I'm hoping if I can get some weight off the pain will get better and so will my mood.
                              Right now I'd rather be getting a double root canal than deal with all this crap.
                              WAM
                              ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
                              WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
                              PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X