Employment snafu...advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment snafu...advice needed.

Oh brother! This women sounds like she has an inflated head from her pencil pushing.
    I have no idea, except can you get a written statement from the SS office saying that it is indeed an official document? My husband had an issue with his SS card after he got his greencard, and we kept having to go get new ones. I wont even go into the two month passport ordeal. The DMV gave him a really hard time too,and kept denying him a drivers license. He was a legal immigrant married to an American. Fully documented, yet nobody was happy with what we produced anywhere.
    Nothing makes sense. You would figure with your credentals they would snap you right up.
    Good luck CPO
    WAM
    ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
    WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
    PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Oh brother! Yet another example of the post-9/11 security Nazis that have emerged from their hidey-holes to harrass obviously innocent citizens like yourself, CPO. Government workers and their black and white world - how frustrating!

Hope you can salvage this mess. So sorry you are having to deal with this idiocy.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Isn't this just special.......

Just think about it...

For all you working stiffs out there:

"Papers please...!"

"...oh, we don't like your papers..."

"They look right, and probably are official, but we don't like them..."

Go away.

Weeks later...

"Oh, we see your papers are right. Well, isn't that special. Well, my friend got that job 'cause we liked his papers...so, if another job comes around, we'll call you."

"Until then, go away."

LOL!

Sometimes life just sucks...

CPO

Comment

I had to get a copy of my social security card for my 341 meeting because I couldn't locate my old one. I went to the office on the SW side of our city. Simple process. I got the card in about a week. You may need to get another card, just to appease these people. The SS office will give you a letter the day you visit their office that may substantiate enough for the employer.

However, I just pulled my new card from the file, the one that was issued to me in January of this year, and there are no brackets unless she is referring to the two columns on the side of the card. Does yours have 2 columns/pilars?
          I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post
            I had to get a copy of my social security card for my 341 meeting because I couldn't locate my old one. I went to the office on the SW side of our city. Simple process. I got the card in about a week. You may need to get another card, just to appease these people. The SS office will give you a letter the day you visit their office that may substantiate enough for the employer.

However, I just pulled my new card from the file, the one that was issued to me in January of this year, and there are no brackets unless she is referring to the two columns on the side of the card. Does yours have 2 columns/pilars?
            Yea, it's got all that scrolling and fancy dancy "currency" type markings all over it.

I also have the original "receipt" card, that is stapled to the cardboard with the big green heading on it that "announces" the arrival of your card...

...the one that your SSN card is attached to and you tear it off at the serrations...

Yea, all that original stuff including the envelope.

Well yellowed and slightly worn.

That's where I keep it...all together in the original envelope.

I was thinking...real easy to fake, huh?

If I wanted to fake one why not just get a new plastic card?

Friggin idiots.

Looks like the job maybe taken. They are not advertising it anymore.

I just read on a federal website that you can't legally refuse someone work just 'cause they don't have a SSN card. Only after the SSA and Immigration certify that your SSN cannot be verified can your job be in jeapordy...

Then, you have the right to appeal.

Interesting, I never got that far...

Hmmmm.

CPO

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X