Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 years tomorrow since I filed!

What a difference 3 years makes!!

I remember how worried, scared, upset, and angry I was 3 years ago. I wasn't talking with my family (they were ashamed) I was scared that I'd never have credit again, and I was scared of never being able to get a good job.

Now my credit scores are as high as they have ever been (mid 600's!!) and I have more credit than I had before.

So for those of you who feel funny now, "this too shall pass!!!"

Credit since filing:

Auto Loan $9250
    CCCU $1000
    Target $500
    Orchard $900
    Best Buy $450
    Sea Miles $3000
    Hooters $2000
    RaceTrak $1250
    Capital One $1550
    Kay Jewelers $800 (Approved today!)
    Alltel cell phone (No deposit up to 5 lines)
    Pay Pal Buyer's Credit $500
    JC Penney $300

Thanks BK Forums! I couldn't have done this without your support.
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Wonderful that you got your life back on track. Be careful with those cc's though.

Comment

Congrats, but I want to second... be careful with the CC debt.
      Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

Yes, there is life after bankruptcy!! Like you I received my Chapter 7 discharge just about three years ago. 4 months later, February of 2005, I was approved for a car loan, even though my bankruptcy included a previous car loan. Credit card wise I have several by now, credit limits totalling to about $20,000. some with minimal annual fees, others with no fees.

Comment

Just an FYI, Credit card debt is NOT what got me into trouble folks.

My ex-husband stole my identity, and I had no choice but to file.

I am a very responsible person, and would never have had to file, had I kept track of my credit reports and files. Now I know better!
          BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Thanks for sending the rest of us hope!
            Kari
            10/12/2007 Filed Chapter 711/08/2007 341 Meeting 01/07/2008 Last Day for Objections
            http://www.bankruptisnormal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
              Just an FYI, Credit card debt is NOT what got me into trouble folks.

My ex-husband stole my identity, and I had no choice but to file.

I am a very responsible person, and would never have had to file, had I kept track of my credit reports and files. Now I know better!
              Ummmmm so why all the credit cards? Two is enough to rebuild credit. You are headed for another BK filing soon enough. Good luck.
              Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                Ummmmm so why all the credit cards? Two is enough to rebuild credit. You are headed for another BK filing soon enough. Good luck.
                Can't we all just get along? I dont think anybody should be judging anyone here. S&T

Comment

Originally posted by sickandtired8 View Post
                  Can't we all just get along? I dont think anybody should be judging anyone here. S&T
                  Well I do agree with that. I would never presume to tell anyone they are headed back to BK.

Good luck. Great to hear about your credit after BK. I don't think anyone wants to do BK twice.
                  Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
                  341 Meeting July 19, 2007
                  Discharged September 17, 2007
                  Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                    Actually, after having done MY research, I have found that two really is NOT significant.

My husband and I are attempting to purchase a house in the next two years, and I have found that the more revolving credit that I handle responsibly, the better and higher my credit scores are.

I highly suggest you not make libelous statements. Perhaps YOU were once (and still are) irresponsible with credit cards, but that is not me, and I don't care to ever file bankruptcy again. For the record, MOST of the cards don't even do anything but sit on a shelf.

I suggest you also do your research. If you want to rebuild with two cards, that is great for you. Expect a much slower rebuilding process, and a harder time getting approved for a car or mortgage.

I have the credit cards because I can, and because I am proud that I have gotten to where I am able to, AND be able to pay. I make damn good money at my job, and my DTI is very very very low right now.

Think before judging and speaking.

Comment

I have WAY more than two credit cards less than two years out! Probably close to 15,000 in unused available credit. 2 new vehichles (well one a little over a year old and the other 19 months old). 2 checking accts, a line of credit at my credit union, just refied my car and half'd the interest. I'm back to my pre-bk financial life. If you took a peek into my finances you would never know it if I didn't tell you. I have fully recovered! I could have never done that with two credit cards. But to say I'm on the road back to bk would be innacurate. I am responsible and pround of my financial situation.

I am careful and practicle. I do however live life to fullest and sometimes indulge in a purchase here or there. But hey that is what life it about. But the part that make the different if they getting the bill and paying the bill in full! Or splitting it in two maybe at the most! But to sit here and judge, well that's just not right. To give advice, opinions, "watchouts", now that's ok. That's what we are here for.
                      So Tinroof, Watchout for those balances, while I watchout for mine, ok? Happy to see your doing great!!!
                      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                        I have WAY more than two credit cards less than two years out! Probably close to 15,000 in unused available credit. 2 new vehichles (well one a little over a year old and the other 19 months old). 2 checking accts, a line of credit at my credit union, just refied my car and half'd the interest. I'm back to my pre-bk financial life. If you took a peek into my finances you would never know it if I didn't tell you. I have fully recovered! I could have never done that with two credit cards. But to say I'm on the road back to bk would be innacurate. I am responsible and pround of my financial situation.

I am careful and practicle. I do however live life to fullest and sometimes indulge in a purchase here or there. But hey that is what life it about. But the part that make the different if they getting the bill and paying the bill in full! Or splitting it in two maybe at the most! But to sit here and judge, well that's just not right. To give advice, opinions, "watchouts", now that's ok. That's what we are here for.
                        So Tinroof, Watchout for those balances, while I watchout for mine, ok? Happy to see your doing great!!!
                        ROFL Cindy, you rock!

Judgments are SOOO not cool.

The other thing that I really want to reiterate, is that credit cards never got me into trouble. Being young, and naive with giving people my personal information did. Identity theft is a beyatch.

That,and nearly 70% of all bankruptcy filings AREN'T due to credit card debt but to MEDICAL debt......

Glad to hear YOU are recovering too!

Comment

Wow thats great!!!! Congrats. What I want to know is if you pay in full does it help or should I pay then half? (WHEN and IF I get a CC again..lol)
                          Yep, most BK is due to job loss, medical bills, indentity theft and foreclosure. Over use of CC is lower on the scale. At my 341 I had not heard of anyone who had not had some serious circumstance that lead them there. Mostly job loss, layoffs, etc.
                          WAM
                          ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
                          WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
                          PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

How do you explain our own survey here then?

I am one who filed due to excessive credit card debt myself. I know that many file due to unexpected medical bills, identity theft, job layoffs, etc., but it's difficult for me to believe they are in the majority. Maybe so......I know that's been said, on this thread and elsewhere.
                            Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
                            341 Meeting July 19, 2007
                            Discharged September 17, 2007
                            Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

Just because you have CC's doesn't mean you use them.

We've gotten about $20K in LOC's on new CC's each since BK. They sit at home. Parked. Barely used. They report OK, OK, OK, every month. We even got a decent interest rate on our car loan.

The CC's along with our car payment and clean up,............ Our credit scores have jumped 100 points since Discharge.

1 year post filing. Yes, there is life after BK
                              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                              Discharged - 12/2006
                              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X