X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - Minny's House

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

GOOD NEWS FOLKS............

TOMMORROW 3 PM - MY HOUSE IS MY HOME AGAIN............

Land contract will be over and my home will be back with a mortgage company again with a low interest rate....

For you that don't know I lost my home in 2004 in bankruptcy due to "bad paperwork by mortgage company"...... It was sold at auction in 2005 and I purchased it back on a land contract from the buyer. Tomorrow it will be refinanced thru a mortgage company and off the 12% interest rate that the land contract called for.

"TODAY - I AM A HAPPY CAMPER"

I bought my home 10 years ago the first time in December and here I am 10 years later, in December, buying it back again.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME"

What more could I ask for???? Nothing................... I have my retirement home back.........after 3 years of struggling and going thru bankruptcy......

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Whoo-Hooo

CONGRATS MINNY!

It was a long battle for you and you made it through. You are an inspiration to us all!
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Fantastic news, Minny! What a special second "first" Christmas you will have in your own home again!

You are our hero on this forum. You've shown all of us how to survive some of the worst evils bankruptcy can throw at anyone with courage and determination.

Congratulations!! We are all completely thrilled for you! Your long nightmare is over at last!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Yeah, Minny!!!

Truly a Merry Christmas for you!!!
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Yes, it has been an ORDEAL............. and a nerve wrecking one, but I'm a survivor........ and STRONG.... Between the bankruptcy, the auction of my home, and then trying to buy it back has been a real challenge in my life...... Seems every door I knocked on was LOCKED. But I made it......

Went to refinance in July, everything was in place and title search discovered their was still a lien against the property that the Trustee had not released. The man that bought it at auction THOUGHT he had a clean title - HE DIDN'T....

So attorney for mortgage company had to contact the lien holder and get it released. They dragged their feet real bad on it, but finally consented.

So today, HOME SWEET HOME will be just THAT again......

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me thru all this the last 3 years. The moral support and suggestions has been TREMENDOUS.... couldn't have made it without you all.

After today, its time to go back and settle-up with a mortgage company, title company that screwed me over and a attorney and trustee that's both been slightly on the "shady side" of the law...... They all cost me a bundle financially, emotionally, and physically for their actions.

Now its time they explained theirselves in Court.............

SO THANKS EVERYONE - I LOVE ALL OF YOU............

Minny
          Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Oh Minny..I am sooo glad for you!! That is wonderful!
            Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
            DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
            Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
            Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

WOW. That is good news. You had by far the worst struggle in BK that I know of.
              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
                So today, HOME SWEET HOME will be just THAT again......

SO THANKS EVERYONE - I LOVE ALL OF YOU............

Minny

Good for you, Minny

This is a story of hope that I needed.
                After my Grandmothers BK and her home sweet home was taken then went to auction, I heavily considered buying it back and it would have been at half of what she owed. If I had lived in the same city she did, I would have home sweet home.

Comment

Congratulations!

Good things happen to good people!
                  sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Yay!!!!
                    Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                    Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                    Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                    11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

That's great Minny! Yay!!!!
                      Kari
                      10/12/2007 Filed Chapter 711/08/2007 341 Meeting 01/07/2008 Last Day for Objections
                      http://www.bankruptisnormal.com/

Comment

"IT'S MINE, IT'S MINE - ONCE AGAIN IT'S MINE"

All signed, sealed, and delivered. My house is NOW MY HOME AGAIN.............

One goal down, another to work on.............Mr. Lawyer, Bank, and Trustee.............watch out YOUR A@@@ IS MINE!!!!
                        Minny

Comment

Thats WONDERFUL!!!!
                          A happy ending to a total nightmare. The way you have endured this has been such an inspiration!!
                          ENJOY this holiday!!! You have earned it!!
                          WAM
                          ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
                          WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
                          PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

What a long, strange road its been on this house.

I remember your situation was one of the first, odd, unique scenarios as this forum was getting started that had many of us stumped and hoping for the best.

Comment

Wow! I've been away for quite some time and I needed to look to see your status. Seems like everything FINALLY worked out! I can't wait to see what the courts do to the people that burned you!
                              *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X