Background check for Macy's NCIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I just got offered a seasonal job at macy's conditional upon my background check. I also have a dui, and am wondering if you ended up getting the job or if a dui prevents macy's from hiring a person?

Comment

Can they really run an NCIC check for a retail job? I thought that info would only be accessible to the police and courts. I'll ask my cop friend what he knows.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Yes, you are absolutely right, catleg. The NCIC background check conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Crime Information Center. NCIC criminal background checks to help law enforcement and judicial authorities in tasks such as refugees fear, find missing persons, locating and returning stolen property and in the protection of the law enforcement officers encountering the individuals described in the system.
        lost friends

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
          I applied to work Part time holiday/seasonal for Macy's and they are now going to do a NCIC background check on me.

What will this really show? Anyone had one lately?
          Most retail stores will do criminal background checks and identity checks. If they pull your credit, it will be a soft pull, and will only be to check your identity and ss#. Since employees deal with the public, stores need to check backgrounds to see if the employee has a criminal record. Do not worry about it.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I worked at Macy's in New York City for the holidays in 2008 to make some extra money. It sucked! They treat the staff like criminals. They check your bag when you leave and you can't take any handbags or coats with you inside. I quit within a month. The pay is only $8 an hour and you're on your feet the whole time. There's a 20-minute break, but they watch you like a hawk. They don't even want you taking bathroom breaks, plus they want you to act silly and sell your soul for a quick sale. Your hours aren't steady either. You have to be "scheduled". What happens with that is some weeks you end up with only 5 hours and another week you end up with 10. Supervisor favorites get more hours, of course. It was so inconsistent and not worth the money.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

NCIC is the National Crime Information Center. It uses the FBI database and is NOT accessible to civilian, non-governmental agencies. This firm may use a civilian database that checks credit etc. or public records, but as stated, non governmental agencies do not have access to NCIC. In my job, I can do NCIC "checks" from my car to see if an individual is wanted, but an in depth NCIC check can take a while. Law enforcement, DOD and other various investigative agencies do have access to NCIC.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X