Background check for Macy's NCIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background check for Macy's NCIC

I applied to work Part time holiday/seasonal for Macy's and they are now going to do a NCIC background check on me.

What will this really show? Anyone had one lately?
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Walmart does background checks on every employee they hire.

They're looking for arrests, DUI's, that sort of thing.

Son has worked for Wally World for 2.5 years. Daughter worked there for a while this summer. Neither one's Credit Reports showed a pull from Wal-Mart, so I don't think that was part of their search.

Maybe Macy's is the same. Just looking for criminal behavior.

Employee theft is one of all Retailer's biggest loss area. I think they just wanna keep the wolves out of the chicken coop as much as possible.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Where my wife works they pulled everything. It had no effect. Fraud, criminal behaviour, DUI's that's what they look for. Honest citizens with BK, heck the unemployment rate would be sky high. Good luck.
      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
        Walmart does background checks on every employee they hire.

They're looking for arrests, DUI's, that sort of thing.

Son has worked for Wally World for 2.5 years. Daughter worked there for a while this summer. Neither one's Credit Reports showed a pull from Wal-Mart, so I don't think that was part of their search.

Maybe Macy's is the same. Just looking for criminal behavior.

Employee theft is one of all Retailer's biggest loss area. I think they just wanna keep the wolves out of the chicken coop as much as possible.

Hmmm...they asked on the form if I had ever been convicted of a felony. I haven't, so I put no.

However, I did get arrested for a check that was bad, given for a service rendered, ended up receiving a stolen check and charge was dropped. Also, had a DUI right after that (2002)...Will this kill my chances?

I have a paper from the court stating that the check charge was nolo prosi...I was just wondering if I should call Human Resources on this or just wait & see?

I have no felonies....
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

I would just "wait and see" what happens...... If they ask you any questions about anything then your free to answer them. No sense disclosisng info you don't need too and they may not ask about......
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
            I would just "wait and see" what happens...... If they ask you any questions about anything then your free to answer them. No sense disclosisng info you don't need too and they may not ask about......
            Thanks Minny.

My interview went fine last night, just waiting on this check. I tried to google sample NCI reports & it does say that it lists the outcomes of things...that said, my dropped charge would show up. The DUI, well, that was considered a misdemeanor, so I feel I answered the felony conviction question properly, as I don't have any.....just hope they really look deep & not just on the surface.

I guess I just have to wait for their phone call or can I call tomorrow if I don't hear from them?

Comment

Isn't it silly the lenghths we go to for a part-time seasonal job.

I worked at a store in the mall last year for the christmas season. They checked my credit, did a background check, I had to do an online ethics survey and one phone interview, and one personal interview.

I couldn't belive all that was involved for a couple hours working for just a few months.

Sorry, I can't answer the credit check question however, because I got the job right before we filed.
              Filed: 10/26/2006
              Discharged: 03/05/2007
              Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

If you don't hear from them within 2 days, call and ask the status on your application....
                Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Maybe give it until sometime next week.

Our Wal-Mart here has set training days. Depending on the Dept.

Cashiers, Greeters,.......... They're all considered "Front End" personnel. Training for them is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Other Depts have other days.

One day is paperwork, W-2's, etc, and a store "walk thru". The next day is floor time with a "seasoned" employee doing on the job training.

Macys may have a similar set up. Depending on what they plan to hire you for, they may want to bring you in on a specific day of the week for training.
                  Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                  Discharged - 12/2006
                  Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                  Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thank you all!

Interview was Wednesday evening. So Maybe I'll call tomorrow afternoon or this afternoon.

I feel I answered the application questions truthfully. And my interviewer did say that my availability was excellent. So.....keep your fingers crossed!

Comment

"good Luck"

:d
                      Minny

Comment

One time I was interviewing for a job that I wasn't very interested in.

The interviewer asked me if I had ever been convicted of a felony.

I responded;

"CONVICTED? No, I've never been convicted."

I didn't get offered the job.
                        Chapter 7 Filed - 11/27/07
                        Discharged - 2/29/08
                        Unsecured Debt Discharged - $162k +/- (small business, personally guaranteed)
                        Finally Closed - 3/1/09

Comment

There are a lot of people out there with DUIs too. Actually a DUI can lead people into BK too. Just a bad mistake. Has nothing to do with your job performance. And what I've heard is 50 percent of people that get one, never make that mistake again.

Even the DMVs won't hold that against you.....
                          Filed November 2 2007
                          341 Meeting January 4 2008
                          DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Hubby is interviewing for seasonal work at Macy's on Tuesday! I'll have to ask him if they do a Background check on him too....
                            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                              Hubby is interviewing for seasonal work at Macy's on Tuesday! I'll have to ask him if they do a Background check on him too....

Thank you! Let me know.

I tried to call HR but no one answers the phone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X