Yesterday Was A Sad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday Was A Sad Day

Yesterday I had to do the hardest thing that a pet owner has to do. I had to put my cat who I had for 15 years to sleep. He was in advanced kidney failure and there was no chance of him recovering. I know that it was the right decision; I did not want him to suffer anymore, but my heart is broken. He was such a big part of our family. He was my buddy. I miss him. I keep looking for him, even though I know that he is not here.
    sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I am so sorry. We had to put our loyal dog down after having him for 13 yrs and fighting to keep him alive when we got him and he had distemper, I called him my miracle dog, so did our vet. He got cancer in his kidneys and we had to make the same hard decision, we just couldn't let him suffer.

It does get easier as time goes by, but sometimes I still think I see him out in the back yard, just out of the corner of my eye, and he has been gone for a year and a half. Hang in there, and my deepest condolences.
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I know what that's like. I put my 18 year old cat down a couple years ago for the same thing and I still miss her....she was a good friend. I was with her when they put her down and that was probably the hardest thing I have ever done.

I am a terrible housekeeper and I still find her fur in places sometimes. It makes me sad, but it makes me smile too.

It will get easier. I am so sorry for your loss.

ep
      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.

My 14 year old cat just recenlty gave us a major scare. He has been diagnosed with thyroid disease. He is now on medications and we are trying to get the dosage correct. I know he won't be with me that many more years, but I dread the day I have to make that decision.
        Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
        Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
        Discharged April 2012

Comment

Sorry for your loss...

My husband and I are extreme cat lovers, they become our children. Sebastian was a seal point siamese and he became ill and went downhill fast, we had to let him go. My husband who was holding him while they put him to sleep said that there was no difference in his muscle tension before or after, he was so weak. It was on the 4th of July 5 years ago.

If we think or talk about our Sebastian, he was the most unique of all the cats I ever met, we still cry.

I wrote him a letter one night after he died and it helped.

I wish you all the best.
          ichb
          Filed Chapter 7 June 20th
          341 scheduled for August 6th
          Discharged August 2008.

Comment

I am so sorry. Our sweet kitty died last summer in my arms. She was old and ill and she had a seizure and died while I was holding her. I couldn't believe what happened. I still think about Venus. She was a love. My heart goes out to you.
            Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
            DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
            Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
            Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Pets really are part of the family and can leave a big void when they are gone. I know my faithful mutt gives me ample joy and a smile on my face... Thats something we all need more of going through this stressful bk process.

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Comment

My heart aches for you. It sounds as though he was fairly sick so you can trust you made the most loving decision you could. Your cat was lucky to have such a wonderful owner and be confident that you gave him the best life.
                Hugs!
                5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
                8/27-DISCHARGED
                11/2 - CLOSED
                EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

As you can see from my avatar, I too am an animal lover. Right now I have dogs. I too have had cats in the past. I had one for 17 years and one for 24 years. They too were "loves of my life" and very hard to let go of when the time came. They become your "babies" over the years, and we treat them as such.

Any animal that is loved as much as most of ours are..... are very lucky.... They have had very good lives (sometimes better than some kids).....

You will miss your little buddy and think of them often throughout the years. And often you will see something that will instantly remind you of them.

Thank God we have our memories...... they are PRICELESS!!
                  Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss

My mom recently had to put her cat to sleep, it was 17 years old. She misses it and looks for it still too.

My last cat had leukemia and had to be put to sleep too. I still think about him. It was 22 years ago.....he was very loyal. Always there to great me when I got home and his favorite thing was to sit in my lap and let me pet him. I still miss him.
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words. They are very comforting. I have another cat. He and I are having a hard day today. We both keep looking for Butchie.

I just received a florist delivery. It was a vase of fresh flowers from the vet's office. I thought that it was very sweet and thoughtful to do that. Of course, it made me start crying again.
                      sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets are such an important part of our families.

I am a cat lover and currently have a 7 year old kitty that is basically my child. My college-age son, who still lives at home, claims that I love the cat more than I do him. ;)

It will get easier with time, but of course you'll never forget Butchie. He lives in your heart, forever.
                        BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

I'm very sorry, I know how you feel. My cat, who I had 20 years, died a few years ago. It's pretty rough. Hang in there.

Comment

I too am sorry to hear this! I have often said that taking my German Shepherd to the vet for the last time was the second worst thing I have ever had to do. (The first was burying my mother.) But that dog was the best friend a person could ever, ever desire. Honest to God, it hurt so bad, that even though over the years I thought stongly of having another German Shepherd, the memory of the pain of carrying her into the vet for the last time would cloud my eyes and my heart. But alas, twenty years later, my dear wife (apparently thought enough was enough) surprised me with a German Shepherd for Christmas. That was two year ago and Maggie is my pride and joy now. Only a pet lover can truly understand that emotion. Again, you have my deepest of sympathies.

Comment

Just coming across your post this morning. So sorry for your loss.

Know that Butchie has joined many others on his way over the rainbow bridge and is frolicking and pouncing like a young kitten again!

My heart goes out to you!

K
                              You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X