Religion Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer Warriors for the Oil Spill

http://www.prayerhour.com/video/ministry.html .:. Join Pastor Shepherd with his idea to put together a cadre of Prayer Warriors in an effort to help all thos...

online ministry,christian video clips,online prayer,online prayer requests,online ministry videos,christian videos,christian prayer videos,christian prayers,pastor shephard,prayer hour

Prayer Hour speaks to sinful, hateful people like you. We also help ghetto people. If you give money to our ministry, God will bless you by giving you more money than you give us and you will be rich!

I am a pastor and the star of Prayer Hour. If you need anything, please make a donation to our online ministry.

Comment

So much time is wasted arguing over religion.

Believe in whatever you want to believe in.

In the end it doesn't matter anyways.

We're born, we live awhile and hopefully have some fun along the way, and then we die and stop existing.

The key is to make the journey along the way, not the destination, as fun as possible, without hurting anyone else.
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

@above,

you have put it correctly, there is no point in arguing about religion. religion is just one of the point of views that we have about every aspect of our lives and when we fight or argue for our religious belief then we are just be egoist.
        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

very true

Comment

Thought I'd share this with the Forum. I agree with goodyphilips, there really is no point in arguing over religion. However, yesterday, the WBC was at a local military base protesting in the name of God, targeting the youth of military personnel. I attended the protest, being a military brat myself and a long family history of military service, I was deeply offended. Most people, when it comes to religion, have deep personal beliefs. But, when people use religion as a platform for hate mongering, well, I have a problem with that. And that's just my two sense....
            Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

I would say Ram Jesus and Alla are all equal to me ! and am happy with it ! so i guess its better for me to keep a distance to this thread !

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                I wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole!
                Make mine a 25 footer.........LOL!
                Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                341 5/23/11
                DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                  I wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole!
                  At this time not even Czech, or Russian.
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Is there any religion apart from Mankind ?

Comment

I was raised in a very religious and superstitious home. Bluegrass gospel music was what my family listened to all the time while I was growing up in rural Oregon. We were about as close to hillbillies as you could get in the modern era.

I rebelled against it, and moved to Arizona to attend A.S.U. and majored in Biology, and I became quite agnostic, and skeptical of everything.

At this point, I don't even believe in an afterlife at all. I think we just stop existing. We go back to whatever we were before the moment of conception.

With that being said, I have got to say that I am worried about the rise of Islam.

Modern day Christians, Jews, and Buddhists will pretty much leave you alone and let you believe whatever you want to believe and say whatever you want to say, without rioting in the streets and trying to burn down buildings and kill people.

Not so with Islam.

Cartoons and silly YouTube videos about their founder cause them to riot in the streets and burn flags, destroy buildings, and even kill people.

Does anyone else see how ridiculous this all is?

And yet our government seems to be apologizing for some weirdo posting a silly video on YouTube. Who cares? He has the freedom of speech right to say whatever he wants to say about Islam or any religion. If you don't like what he said, you can ignore him or post a video response to what he said on YouTube. But don't be so thin-skinned about it.

When "artists" put Jesus on a cross in a glass of urine, Catholics didn't riot in the streets and kill people over it.

Does anyone see a difference between these two religions?

Why are we (our government, our media) making excuses for these people? Why don't we hold them to the same standards?

This may sound awful to some people, but from what I am seeing on t.v. about the way Islamic people believe and behave around the world, I think I would rather be surrounded by Buddhists, Christians, Jews, and atheists, than by Muslims. I don't think I would feel very safe living in a Muslim neighborhood.

Comment

Have you done much research into the origins of religion? Because the Christian religion is one very scary, bloody and violent religion. Not sure about the others.

It doesn't matter what the religion is, fanatics are going to continue to kill in the name of religion. And if there was no religion, well, they would just come up with another excuse to kill.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood that is full of fanatics, regardless of their religion.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood that is full of fanatics, regardless of their religion.
                          I agree with you on that.

As for Christians, they definitely had a bloody past, but that was a long time ago when they did such things. So did the Muslims back then.

But with Muslims, they're still doing it. They haven't outgrown that phase. They haven't gone through a reformation yet. Just turn on your t.v. and watch the news.

A cartoon or a silly YouTube video is enough to make them riot, burn flags, destroy buildings, and kill people.

I think there is a bit of difference between the two religions in terms of modern day violence.

And it doesn't seem to be limited to just a few fringe fanatics with Muslims. It seems like they fill the streets of their communities with angry and enraged people rioting over trivial issues.

I personally wouldn't feel safe living in one of their neighborhoods.

I wonder if, perhaps, all this rioting, rage, violence, and killing is starting to backfire for them. I know after the events of the last 15 years, I have no sympathy left for them.

Do you still have any sympathy left for them?

Comment

The youtube anti muslim video was the spark that ignited the frustrations of every day life in the Arab world were unemployment among the young is 50 percent or higher. The Rodney King trial acquittals of the officers was the spark that ignited the riots that has festered over decades of neighborhood neglect along with Police brutality.

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                            I was raised in a very religious and superstitious home. Bluegrass gospel music was what my family listened to all the time while I was growing up in rural Oregon. We were about as close to hillbillies as you could get in the modern era.

I rebelled against it, and moved to Arizona to attend A.S.U. and majored in Biology, and I became quite agnostic, and skeptical of everything.

At this point, I don't even believe in an afterlife at all. I think we just stop existing. We go back to whatever we were before the moment of conception.

With that being said, I have got to say that I am worried about the rise of Islam.

Modern day Christians, Jews, and Buddhists will pretty much leave you alone and let you believe whatever you want to believe and say whatever you want to say, without rioting in the streets and trying to burn down buildings and kill people.

Not so with Islam.

Cartoons and silly YouTube videos about their founder cause them to riot in the streets and burn flags, destroy buildings, and even kill people.

Does anyone else see how ridiculous this all is?

And yet our government seems to be apologizing for some weirdo posting a silly video on YouTube. Who cares? He has the freedom of speech right to say whatever he wants to say about Islam or any religion. If you don't like what he said, you can ignore him or post a video response to what he said on YouTube. But don't be so thin-skinned about it.

When "artists" put Jesus on a cross in a glass of urine, Catholics didn't riot in the streets and kill people over it.

Does anyone see a difference between these two religions?

Why are we (our government, our media) making excuses for these people? Why don't we hold them to the same standards?

This may sound awful to some people, but from what I am seeing on t.v. about the way Islamic people believe and behave around the world, I think I would rather be surrounded by Buddhists, Christians, Jews, and atheists, than by Muslims. I don't think I would feel very safe living in a Muslim neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                              As for Christians, they definitely had a bloody past, but that was a long time ago when they did such things. So did the Muslims back then.

But with Muslims, they're still doing it.

The so called christians don't get a pass, either. In this day and age, the Catholic church moves pedophile priests from one parish, where they preyed on innocent children, to another parish thinking that that cured them. And all that accomplished was to have more innocent children victimized by the pedophile priests.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
                                The youtube anti muslim video was the spark that ignited the frustrations of every day life in the Arab world were unemployment among the young is 50 percent or higher. The Rodney King trial acquittals of the officers was the spark that ignited the riots that has festered over decades of neighborhood neglect along with Police brutality.
                                You're comparing apples and oranges here.

A video of some weirdo's opinions about a religion vs. police officers brutally beating an African American.

Freedom of speech, freedom of religion vs. brutal beating.

I think there is a difference there.

A person could simply ignore the video. Or you could condemn the video with words. You could even post your own video on YouTube where you said what you thought and felt about the video, and you could even go point by point and say exactly why you think the video is wrong, and even present evidence to prove your point. Wouldn't that be better than killing people over a silly video made by a weirdo?

The Islamic world hates the very idea of the freedom of speech, and the freedom of religion.

I personally want to have the freedom to believe in no religion-- that when we die, that's the end of us.

I say mind your own business, but that's not how they feel about it:

Hezbollah leader calls for international law against insulting Islam and says people who support offensive Mohammed film 'should be punished'

In a move that could escalate tensions around the Arab world, the leader of the Hezbollah militant group called for protests against the movie and said the U.S. must be held accountable for the film.

In a televised speech, Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah pushed for the creation of an international law that would ban insults of Islam and other religions, citing similar laws that exist to prevent anti-Semitism.

His outrage stems from the anti-Islam film produced by a mysterious convict based in California, that has since sparked protests outside American embassies in the Middle East and across the globe.

'We should not only express our anger at an American embassy here or there. We should tell our rulers in the Arab and Muslim world that it is "your responsibility in the first place" and since you officially represent the governments and states of the Muslim world you should impose on the United States, Europe and the whole world that our prophet, our Quran and our holy places and honor of our Prophet be respected,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz26jlrSDt0
                                Last edited by GoingDown; 09-17-2012, 07:29 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X