Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Co's - Need to Vent!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    My 16 year old son (who doesn't even have a job at the moment) just received his 2nd credit card offer in the past week or so. This time from Crap 1. Wow, he's so lucky .......they offered him a 19.78 variable rate with a $300 limit.

Nothing like trying to suck them in while they are young.

Fortunately my husband and I intercept these, and trash them.

Man this irks me!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent
    K
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

You can thank your area school district for your son's name getting out on mailing lists...just wait until he goes to college - he will receive (and you as parents) mail from every lender from here to the moon. Lenders obtain age related or personal interest info from many sources and send out thousands and thousands of offers just hoping for some bites. Don't fill out or let your son fill out those little cards that come with items that are either for "warranty" purposes to register the item and fill in all the "interest" information that is with each of them - that is also how name and interest information gets sold out to mailing lists.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

If your son is registered with MySpace,Aim,Meebo or any of those chat type sites then most likely that is why he is getting these offers. My daughter is 17 and gets them in her online 'alias' name so that is how I know where they originate from.

I do highly doubt though that under 18 would be approved even if the application was filled out and sent back. Most of these offers are not guarantees of a credit card just applications or offers. If they can send them to fake online names then they can send them to anyone.
      5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
      8/27-DISCHARGED
      11/2 - CLOSED
      EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Originally posted by krielly View Post
        GRRRRRRRRRRRR
        My 16 year old son (who doesn't even have a job at the moment) just received his 2nd credit card offer in the past week or so. This time from Crap 1. Wow, he's so lucky .......they offered him a 19.78 variable rate with a $300 limit.

Nothing like trying to suck them in while they are young.

Fortunately my husband and I intercept these, and trash them.

Man this irks me!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent
        K
        Thats their plans. To get Americans into debt early and often. Thats why I have no guilt sticking those scumbags with my debt. CC co's are nothing but leeches.
        "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

Comment

yeah its ridiculous, 1st off when the CC companies seen i was only making my minimums and charging a hell of alot more, u think they would have lowered my credit or closed my account but nope, instead they raised my limit, and kept sending me more offers in the mail. my mom made me laugh....she said the one day good for them for always sticking them up you a**!!! but that doesnt make it right i still believe im at fault for my debt, but they really do make it too easy. i think they really need to change the laws and not give out so much credit.
          retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
          10/30/10- WEDDING!!
          09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

I dont understand these CC CO at all.... Here I am still in my chapter 13 and I get CC offers in the mail at least 2 to 3 times a week. You wouldn't think they would send them to people who are still in bankruptcy.
            Filed CH 13: 3/5/04
            First Mtg: 3/31/04
            Confirmed: 11/4/04
            I'M DONE !!

Comment

Us too!
              K
              You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

My little brother is 18 and in his last year of high school. I am 10 years older than him and thankfully I have experienced debt to make sure he doesn't go through the same thing. I am going to be on top of everything is gets in the mail as my parents have always been too loose with me

Comment

My son, who is 13, has been getting credit offers! Made me really worried that someone had done an identity theft on him, so you might want to check out your kids credit reports to make sure someone else hasn't already used his/her SS# and name to obtain credit or could be a real problem for your child to clean up in the future. Luckily in our case that didn't happen, not real sure how they got his name and address to start sending him crap already. Oh, and I'm in a CH 13 and also probably get a couple of credit offers a week too, lol!
                  Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                  Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by momof5 View Post

I do highly doubt though that under 18 would be approved even if the application was filled out and sent back. Most of these offers are not guarantees of a credit card just applications or offers. If they can send them to fake online names then they can send them to anyone.
                    An ex-friend of mine got cc in her underaged child's name and charged them up. She didn't pay for them and ruined her child's credit. She is safely in prison now for embezzlement from her company, and hopefully, her ex-husband can get the whole fiasco sorted out for the daughter.
                    Filed 4-21-2008
                    7/16- DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woeisme View Post
                      My son, who is 13, has been getting credit offers! Made me really worried that someone had done an identity theft on him, so you might want to check out your kids credit reports to make sure someone else hasn't already used his/her SS# and name to obtain credit or could be a real problem for your child to clean up in the future. Luckily in our case that didn't happen, not real sure how they got his name and address to start sending him crap already. Oh, and I'm in a CH 13 and also probably get a couple of credit offers a week too, lol!
                      Good advice on checking your kids credit report.
                      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X