This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Price Panic due to Ike

My community happens to be home of Murphy Oil's headquarters. Sometime today someone started a rumor that word got out from Murphy that gas was going up 1.50 a gallon by this evening because of the oil rigs and refineries shutting down for Ike. Everyone was getting text messages and calls from friends and family telling them to go gas up. As a result, all the stations were packed this afternoon, with all the panicky people. And prices were sitting exactly where they were this morning when I gassed up on my way to work. I really don't understand people who believe things they hear like this. One of my coworkers was panicking because her car was on empty.
    Gesh, the least everyone here could do is remember that we have a refinery in town that will more than likely not have to be shut down for the storm. Or if it does, it will just be for a few hours, day at most.
    Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
    Plan approved- 7/11/05
    Date discharged--10-12-2007
    Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

I heard similar rumors on the radio news as I drove in to work this afternoon. The local authorities (Ocala) when interviewed by the news media did not seem concerned. Our prices here are hovering about where they have been for the last week. Average is $3.68 for unleaded, $4.02 for deisel. We will have to wait and see later on when and where Ike strikes.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I watched some of the gas stations in Ca. take advantage of the fear and raise prices just because...Arco didnt. Such crap

Comment

We have a State Law in Florida against price gouging. Not only can the Gas stations not gouge, but Hotels and other service providers (including post cleanup) can't gouge.

The Attorney General vigorously prosecutes. I believe that most all the operators of hotels, gas stations, restaurants, roofing companies, and even tree trimmers... got the message loud in clear when in 2004, the AG went after a BUNCH of owner/operators.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Please continue this discussion in our dedicated thread to rising gas prices. http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=3090&page=62
          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X