X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breast milk ice cream.

Just to lighten things up a bit

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

Here is the link...
    Get the latest Plattsburgh and Burlington news of the day. See the stories making headlines, and get the latest weather report online, anytime.
    Filed: 10/26/2006
    Discharged: 03/05/2007
    Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

HHHMMMmmmmmm, this has some interesting possibilities. Hmmm is Mrs. C around? HHHMmmmm
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Disgusting.

Will they test the women, providing said milk, for any disease? Will they house them in barns? Will they be grain fed? Will they be hormone injected? Have they been injected? What injections have they had? What was their last meal? Are these women from the NorthEast (cold milk) or Florida (warm milk)?

Too many questions.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We, somehow I knew someone would think human breast milk is disgusting.

To be honest, I wonder why people find it more acceptable to get milk from a cows breast instead of a human...Human lactating breasts produce milk SPECIFICALLY designed to be digested by human beings--

I am sure they are testing the women, and there is A TON of research to refer to as well, specifically geared towards lactating women and drugs and other chemicals that pass into breast milk-and this can all be easily screened for!
        -And human breast milk boosts the immune system--babies immune systems are not fully developed--it is mother's milk that protects them, which is why breast fed babies get sick much less often than formula fed babies. And the facts are out that breast fed babies remain healthier throughout their lives!

With cows, they are given hormones, and kept constantly impreganated, plus they are given drugs due to constant unhealthy conditions...And you have to think about zooinosis--diseases that mutate from animals and are contagious to humans...think mad cow disease...At least with human milk you only have to worry about human diseases.

I eat meat, cheese, milk...but I do not find the concept disgusting.

But, admittedly, I was a breast fed baby...

Comment

Originally posted by Catia View Post
          I was being facetious. My main problem is that high-volume production seems impossible. I have a friend who is a major dairy farmer with high-yield cattle. I understand the process, in too much detail.

My issue is this. We can't maintain levels of the Blood Bank supply, so I know we can't properly collect, screen, and distribute breast milk in any sufficient quantity.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Catia View Post

To be honest, I wonder why people find it more acceptable to get milk from a cows breast instead of a human...Human lactating breasts produce milk SPECIFICALLY designed to be digested by human beings--

We are the only animals that are weened from our mothers milk and then drink milk from another. Its strange when you think about it but then again breast milk is very high in fat. Not so good for those above the age of 12 months or so. Its equivalent to whole milk plus some. Breast milk also changes flavor depending on the diet of the mother. Cows diets are regulated. No 2 ice creams would taste the same.

While I did breast feed 2 of my 5 children I still find this whole idea rather absurd. I personally would puke if a bowl of breast milk ice cream was put in front of me. I dont share body fluids with anyone other than my husband. Keeps life fairly simple and safe.
            5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
            8/27-DISCHARGED
            11/2 - CLOSED
            EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

momof5;199766. I personally would puke if a bowl of breast milk ice cream was put in front of me.

I think I would puke too.
              It reminds me of human butchers, cannibalism, vampires...

It is natural for infant and mother but once we can drink on our own, it is time to do so.

Comment

some people drink a gallon of milk a day...how many women would be needed to keep up with that?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X