My Dad's getting a pacemaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad's getting a pacemaker

My dad collapsed at work on Wednesday Morning.

He had lost consciousness after calling for help. When the other guys got to the truck they pulled him out and one was able to revive dad.

Dad was taken to the hospital. Last night they finally determined that his heart is weakening and one muscle is not strong enough on its on to keep up with demand. They have decided to put a pacemaker in to assist him.

Please keep him in your prayers today

Thank You

JR
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Goodness. Your father and your family are in our thoughts.
    Kindest regards and thoughts.

Comment

You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.
      Filed BK (Ch. 7) 6/2/08
      Discharged!! 9/24/08
      Closed..the end! 10/1/08

Comment

Hang in there JR, my thoughts are with you. To having a successful day for your dad
        Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
        341 Oct 8 2008
        Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

So sorry to hear your news, JR, but thank heaven for the guy who managed to revive him. You and your family will be in my thoughts. All the best.
          Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
          341 meeting: July 18, 2008
          last day for objections: September 16, 2008
          DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

I'll be sending good thoughts your family's way.

Comment

I am sorry as well...but at the same time,

I am thankful for the knowledge to put pacemakers and all of the other promising things we have today for our vitals.

In my thoughts JRScott, as I am so familiar with the hopsital and doctors as of late and can relate on some levels.

Comment

Thanks all, as an update they have canceled the pacemaker for today. They gave dad 2 1500mg tablets of Vitamin K and he's been put on 2 new medicines. They plan to try another procedure next Tuesday. He has some heart murmurs and they are going to use a procedure to remove them. He may still end up with a pacemaker, they say his heart is very weak.

Comment

My prayers and thoughts to your fam, hope it will get better.
                  Filed-10/2008
                  341-12/10/2008
                  Discharged-3/17/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                    My dad collapsed at work on Wednesday Morning.

He had lost consciousness after calling for help. When the other guys got to the truck they pulled him out and one was able to revive dad.

Dad was taken to the hospital. Last night they finally determined that his heart is weakening and one muscle is not strong enough on its on to keep up with demand. They have decided to put a pacemaker in to assist him.

Please keep him in your prayers today

Thank You

JR
                    Your father is in my prayers all week... It's a difficult time to go through, but hopefully he will come out of it stronger and healthier than ever.
                    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
                    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
                    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I'll be thinking about you and your family! I'm wishing your dad a speedy recovery! Take care!
                      May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
                      June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
                      August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
                      August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Your dad is in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing him a very speedy and complete recovery.
                        BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

JR, 'Hub and I are late getting this information, as we are dealing with a very good friend/mentor's death this week. Nevertheless, we are praying for you, your Dad and your family in this time of strife.
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the well wishing, I hope he pulls through okay, not sure what mom would do without him. Oh and it was potassium tablets not vitamin K

Comment

JR, this may be all that he needed. My Mother died of stubbornness. Here is like it was for her, she had congestive heart failure, three different doctors, and had a very bad bout of flue and lost a lot of water in diarrhea. I told her she needed Gator aid for the potassium as she was de-hydrated. She said no her lung doctor said no salt and I said but you did not tell your heart doctor about the diarrhea. Please take the potassium in gator aid. It is full of electrolytes (the stuff that makes the electricity for your heart). She passed away two days later of C.O.P.D. and her weakened heart.

The new pacemaker they have now are also (I forget the term) "shockers" if the heart stops. My brother has one. Ask your Dad's doctor if he can also have a little gator aid as it is really full of electrolytes (which potassium is just one). You are in our prayers. 'Hub
                              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X