Car Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance

My car insurance co. sent me a form and wants to know what my current milage is since we are coming up for renewal. I drive 22 miles back and forth to work everyday. But my milage is high because we drive often to visit my mil.

I don't recall ever having to do a form like this.

Any advice or words of wisdom?
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Yes and this form is not that odd. I have filled them out before. They bill you on how you use your car. You should put down, transportation to work, and enjoyment occasionally, or the likes of that. You probably are just fine as that is what most people use thier cars for. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

That form is usually standard every year...sent out about three months prior to your renewal date for you to fill out and return. Basically and briefly, from that form your rates are determined as to where you live, whether you use your car for pleasure only or if you use it to commute to work. Also if you live in the city compared to being rural that will make your rates higher due to the higher risk of living in the city for accidents, theft, etc. If you use the vehicle to commute, you are on the road more than if you used the car for pleasure so that puts the vehicle in a different class that if used for pleasure only. Therefore, the rates are higher for that class cause you are more of a risk being on the road more and traveling more miles. None of that should really be a factor as to your insurance if you have no tickets or claims on your policy...that is what will up your premium the most.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Wow, I have never got one of these forms before
        Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
        Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Neither have I ever received a form like that; however, my insurance is for business and personal and over 12,000 mile/yr. My average milage per year is anywhere from 30,000 to 35,000 miles - but I pay for it in premiums. So you really need to know what your premium is in relation to others in the same zip code with similar usage. BTW, I have only been with my insurance company for 18 years - prior to that it was another company
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
            Wow, I have never got one of these forms before
            We got them periodically, sometimes every year, from our insurance company (long-term insurance company for 24 years). With today's economy, they will probably start being sent out more.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I Think they're going on a fishing expedition to see now much more they can charge. The Big Daddy - AIG - was just bailed out and probably telling the kids (companies under their umbrella) to start fending for theselves.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X