Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising Gas Prices

Gas prices for low grade fuel has already exceeded $3.00 pg gallon here in Ma. and according to anaylsts..........prices will more than likely exceed $5.00 per gallon within weeks!! Funny thing is, no one can seem to determine how long gas prices will continue to remain ridiculously high!

The sad reality is raising gas prices, and the associated affects of it. Are going to cause many people to go into debt! My guess is, the majority of people are using credit to pay for gas in this climate, because its very expensive to fill ones tank now. *sigh*
    Last edited by HRx; 08-31-2005, 09:16 AM.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

That's funny - I was curious about gas prices all over and was going to start a thread. We are up to $3.25 as of this morning - that's over .75 cents higher than two days ago. The sad thing is that I live in an area with poor public transportation and where it is good, it's unreliable. This is not going to be good with the stricter laws on bankruptcy!

Comment

My friend called last night from the Highway Patrol and my Brother from Miami Dade Corrections and also some co-workers from Transit and told me to get Gas before midnight. Knowing the County pipeline comes from the top I did it in all three cars right away. Sure enough it was up a quarter this am.

This is the beginning of an economic unravelling.
      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Our guys on the crew stopped to fill up their trucks before coming back in to the office today, and guess what "SOLD OUT".... they could not refuel.....
        Since we are a govt agency we may have to have fuel trucked into us.
        And thats here in KY.........

Minny
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

We may see rationing again.
          "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

Yep that could happen.........

Minny
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Right now, we are $2.75 per gallon but I am sure it will go up tomorrow. By law in my state (so I am told), gas prices cannot be increased more than 5 cents per gallon in any 24 hour period.

It sucks all the way around. I don't know about rationing, there really isn't a shortage, right now. But if there is, I am going overseas and have already bought my airplane tickets, so I don't have to take that hit with higher airline costs.

Comment

Gas last night was $2.39. This morning on the way into work $2.59 and just now, leaving work $2.99. That was for the cheapest gas and, of course, it's sold out. Lines were all the way out in the street waiting. I was paying in cash (which is what I'm doing now..lol). I told them I was filling up and they wanted upfront money for what I thought it was going to take. I underestimated and they turned the pump off and I didn't get to finish. That moped is looking better and better everyday I think this is craziness!!

Comment

$5.57 per gallon at one BP in Atlanta on the national news (FOX). An article in the Herald is stating that rationing is in the future. According to the news I've seen and the Pres's statement our capacity to produce is seriously affected now.

My son just called from Mobil, 2.67 to 2.99 for regular about 10 minutes ago.

Comment

i paid $3.09 pg today........the average for 87 octane was about $3.17 Premium fuel was at $3.90 pg!
                    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

We're at $3.49 today.

What I find interesting, and what really ticks me off, is that gas prices remained right around a dollar a gallon for about 15 years from the late 80's to late 80's. How, in FIVE FREAKING YEARS does it jump up $2.50 a gallon?

Someone's pockets are getting very very fat.
                      BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

I never had to do the rationing thing. How exactly is gas rationed? I have a gas guzzler....darnit!!! Do I need to worry about trying to trade it in for something that gets better gas mileage? I just got this car with 4 wheel drive so I could navigate snowy roads and now won't be able to afford to drive on them when it does snow again.

Comment

This morning $3.24, this afternoon $3.65 - they're expecting us to be up to $5.00 in the next two weeks. Yikes! Pay day is still two days away. Well - I guess this helps upping those expenses. I budgeted $50 a week - gas has gone up $1.50 in a couple of days - looks like it's going to be closer to $75.

They had an article saying that they only make .1 cent a gallon so when people drive off they have to sell alot to make it up. I'm not buying it when a gas station goes $2.59 then to 2.99 within a 24 hr period, 8 hrs after that it's 3.24 and 8 hrs after that $3.65.

That's my gas vent! I do have to say that I'd rather pay $5.00 a gallon then be living in the south with the hurricane reckage. It's at this point that I wish I had extra money to give ...

Comment

Back in '00 when gas prices spiked..........I was doing business in Chicago, and on my way to the airport, I drove past a gas station that had gas prices of $3.25 + Chicago's mayor had to ask for governmental relief because of thier extremely high gas prices!

Comment

It must be regional thing. Since I am on the west coast, most of the oil and gas refining takes place in CA and we aren't facing the same issues as those in the South and East Coast where much of their oil and gas is refined in the Gulf.

I paid $2.65 per gallon yesterday, and prices aren't really going up on a daily basis. The highest I have seen where I live is $2.91, the average is $2.75, and the lower cost stations are $2.65-$2.69. I feel for you guys.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X