top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying goodbye to a friend(cat lovers only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying goodbye to a friend(cat lovers only)

after seventeen years, it looks like Nicky has come to the end of his life....all the local vets are closed, but he appears to be having renal failure... as i said in another post, he has battled feline aids for several years, but he looked as handsome as ever as you can see on my avatar... i hope that some miracle can pull him thru, but his age is against it... to most people he was just a cat, but he is my kid..
    the stages of a cats life:
    they are a kitten full of energy....
    then they are grown...
    then you notice they dont move as fast as when they were young
    then they are gone....and sometimes you can still feel them brush against your leg..

when he saw my motorcyle coming down the drive, he would jump up and run to meet me..when i came home yesterday, he couldnt make it.....i will miss you nicky....
    Last edited by floridian; 01-01-2009, 12:02 AM.
    "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

For Floridian & Nicky

Comment

I'm so sorry what a way to start the new year. Animals are are children and no words can express my sympathy for you both. He will be with you after hes gone, but I know you already know that..take care and maybe you can take him to a ER animal hospital tomorrow...Im praying for you both...take care.please.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about Nicky. I sounds like you and he had many marvelous years together and due to his age and illness, it is probably his time to go. Note - if you call a vet main phone line, there should be information as to emergency calls given in the message when the office is closed. My best to you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Mrs. and I are cat people too. I am sorry to hear of this. Earlier this year, one of our three cats became ill. Renal failure, and the Vet did not know why. Gave us no hope of his recovery. He was very ill and we decided it is more humane to put him to sleep. We later heard of the tainted Chinese cat food with the bad chemical in it. DW went to the garbage and yes our cans were those numbers with the poison in it. The other two did not get sick and we are pleased for this.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of your lost Floridian. I lost my beloved "Buddy" after 14 years 2 yrs ago and still ache for him today.

One thing that helped me, my vet cremated Buddy for us and I was able to bring him "home" and there he still sleeps, in my closet on my sweaters, his favorite spot. Some people may think this weird, but for me, I felt better just having him there, home again. Closure, I guess....

Take care, be gentle with yourself, you are grieving the lost a family member.

Comment

I'm so sorry!
                May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
                June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
                August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
                August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Hub that was my first thought when I read the post

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  Mrs. and I are cat people too. I am sorry to hear of this. Earlier this year, one of our three cats became ill. Renal failure, and the Vet did not know why. Gave us no hope of his recovery. He was very ill and we decided it is more humane to put him to sleep. We later heard of the tainted Chinese cat food with the bad chemical in it. DW went to the garbage and yes our cans were those numbers with the poison in it. The other two did not get sick and we are pleased for this.

this a.m. You know there are class action suits for the food dont you? My Gabby ate 1/2 can of bad dog food by Natures Balance..I only fed her a tad with her dry food but she didnt like it, thank God...I took pictures of the 1/2 empty can and took it back to the store with the rest of the New Balance assortment.. I was going to sue the pants off of the co. if my baby got sick... I'm even more careful now about what goes into her mouth sometimes I'll even call the co. to find out where it processed..She is my girl and only has me to look out for her..So sorry on your loss also..
                  Floridian...how are you guys doing today???
                  One of my clients that lost a dog awhile back told me something her vet told her and it stuck with me...
                  "We need to let our babys go with dignity.."

Comment

Dear Floridian, I am hoping and praying that your beloved Nicky will be able to hang on until you can get to the vet...
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

i guess i made the mistake of getting too attached to nick when he first born... his mama abandoned the litter and i had to take a box of kittens to work with me, so i could feed them every couple of hours....
                      over the years, something happened to the other litter mates and nick was the fiesty one that survived... he used to sleep on the bed at night, not at my feet, but under the covers with his head on the pillow....
                      over the years, i had to cancel biking trips with my friends, when i didnt have a cat sitter, just like a kid.....he used his 9 lives over the years, due to dogs, cars etc..
                      i guess its a good thing im in the process of moving.... as long as i would live in this house, i would see him looking in the door, wanting entry...its going to be a long time before i get used to his absence....

i was thinking that this BK was as bad as it gets... i would do a thousand BKs and forfiet every thing i own, if i could keep the nick..
                      thanks for everyones kind words..
                      "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

this is kind of a double whammy... just last week, my 88 year old mom, asked me to drive her to see her grand-cat....(she also treats nick like a person and cooks nick chicken and sends it to him every week)...
                        she called everyday and asks how hes doing... she hadnt seen him in a year and said she probably wouldnt be here to see him many more times...
                        it was sad, to see an old woman break down, when i told her nick appears to be dying.. i probably shouldnt have told her and spared her the pain.....

Comment

Floridian, please I'm running out of tissues..

I remember when I buried my cat of 9 years. I had my dogs (See my Profile, yes, they too have gone on) come over while sobbing and lick my tears away.

Sadly, there wasn't anyone to lick them away, when I let those two go.

Comment

Floridian.... please let us know what is happening. HUGGGS to you and Nicky.
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Warm thoughts sent your way... so very sorry to hear about your beloved fur kid.

My cat is 22 years old this year, every year we think he's "close" but he keeps on plugging away. Ive had him since I was in the 2nd grade
                              Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
                              Discharged 4-17-09!!!
                              Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
                              "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X