Went to a new bank today, had to be "buzzed" in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to a new bank today, had to be "buzzed" in

Had a weird experience today at a bank. I had opened an acct online, but there are various branches locally.

I went to it and there were double doors as expected, but they were like vaults. Actually had to wait to be "buzzed" in. I thought that was the oddest thing.

I can't ever remember a banking institution where it required someone to see you and remotely unlock the door? Just seems like it would be easier to install plexiglass between the tellers and the public if safety was that much of an issue. But once inside, there was no glass. Weird huh?

I've been in stores in Mid-Town Manhattan with a similar setup. And they were clothing stores. They just don't let anyone off the street in.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We have branches like that here - usually in a branch that has a higher than normal crime stats!
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

The buzz in method is now more or less a safety issue. As the economy worsens and the recession sooner or later becoming a depression, failing banks will see a huge surge of folks wanting to pull their money out, and instead of having tons of folks inside the bank they will be let in in an "orderly" fashion.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X