Anyone Else Hard Hit with the Flu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Else Hard Hit with the Flu?

Got it last week then it turned into a sinus infection. On the mend now - finally.

Now my husband has it.

Flu shots don't do squat.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Originally posted by danaf View Post
    Got it last week then it turned into a sinus infection. On the mend now - finally.

Now my husband has it.

Flu shots don't do squat.
    I got it really bad 3 weeks ago, and it also turned into a sinus infection. It took two rounds of antibiotics for me to start feeling human again. The flu shot I got in October didn't work for this one!

Feel better soon.
    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

I recently heard/read somewhere that the flu shot this year wasnt as effective because they didn't get the right strains.

I guess it's sort of a gamble on what to put into a flu shot to begin with.

I think for most of us, it's just as fine to not get it. I think it's beneficial for youngsters and the elderly who's immunity might not be able to fend off nasty bugs and bounce back like most of us can.

Comment

A few years ago, I was around the really bad strain called HN51. The chickens at the local farms were found to have the virus and were taken out and buried alive in trenches. One evening I watched the news and they said "don't eat any of the chicken" from this one area. What they were doing is digging up the chickens and selling them in this area. I gulped a couple of times. I was in that area that day and had a couple servings of chicken.
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

It is a bad thing, I had a flu shot, hope I don't get it, I go into lots of health departments and doctors offices. Maybe I'll get lucky.
          Entered debt settlement in 2006
          Filed bankrupcy in 2008
          Stuck with $2,343 payment in 2009

Comment

Yeah I had a really nasty stomach flu bug last week.

I won't go into it all but it was pretty nasty.
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Something is definently going around. My mom has some sort of stomach bug and my dad has a bad cold. Means I am probably going to get something next!

Comment

Both my kids are very sick with it right now.
                "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
                (author unknown)

Comment

I'm sick with flu for 3 days now.
                  [link deleted by moderator]

Comment

Now I am sick from whatever my parents had, bad chest cold.

Comment

Yep I had it a couple of weeks ago...Down for 4 days, had to cancel all my clients..Bad bad cough and slept for 4 days..Had the flu shot also, but my thoughts are it might have been worse without the shot.. I wasnt nausated just really bad cold that turned into the creepy crud..still have the cough tho...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X