Originally posted by CompTweaker
View Post
My contempt is not just for Bubba - but for those that blindly followed, supported and STILL support him, even after all the damage he has done to this country and the world - - and still try to pass it off on others. (What? We didn't do anything wrong.)
And please allow me to tell you where some of this contempt comes from.
I know a man that was either a part of or a supporter of the Swift Boat Assassins that put out the clip on John Kerry.
Somehow, I ended up on their email list - the one between themselves. When I say these people are psycho, that is a serious understatement.
They are right there with the Skinhead, KKK and Neo-Naxi groups out there. Everyone - and I do mean EVERYONE - that does not 100% agree with them is a traitor and they are arming themselves for the coming revaluation - THEIR REVALUATION!
There is no discussion with them - just as there is no discussion with the present leaders of the GOP. If Christ himself appeared in front of them and said they were wrong, they would turn on him in a NY minute.
I enjoyed the give and take of a good political discussion - I can take either side
- until leading up to the 2000 elections. And all of a sudden, there was no discussion - if you didn't agree, you were not a PATRIOT. You were a traitor. I have found there is NO DISCUSSION with these people- their way or the highway. And this has been the way it has been for over 8 years now - and is still that way.
As I mentioned, I do not group all Republicans in with them but it is YOUR party. Get off you duff and do something about these nuts that has taken over your party.
I use to be a reg. Republican but never voted a straight party line - I, like I would hope everyone would do, looked at the people and the issues and then voted - until 2000.
I will not blindly vote Democratic in the future but I will never, ever vote for a Republican again until something is done to rid the party of those in control of it and it makes a serious change from what is now the heart of the party.
There is no place in this country for single issue voting. There is no place in this country for promoting fear as a weapon to political gain. There is no place for hatred. All of these things are at the heart of the GOP today.
I decided, for the first time in my life, to try and do something about it. I actively worked in a campaign - against what I think is wrong. I -and hundreds of thousands of others - will do so in the future - for those that try to do what is right for the people and against those that fall into that "buy my vote" group - - no matter which party they belong to.
It is time to get money out of DC - until we do, there is no hope for us. Do your part. - jb
Leave a comment: