top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is President Obama Fixing the Economy?? Yes, Maybe, No - weigh in here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jeb
    replied
    "WE are not Guantanamo."

    Statement from a N. Korean spokesman when asked if the two American reporters they are holding were going to be charged.

    Thank you, Republican Hypocrites and those that support them. May your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren never have to pay for what you have helped create for them. - jb

    Leave a comment:


  • mgmadara
    replied
    Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    Your name calling doesn't help either. Thus, I've discounted your opinion to unreasoned and limited.
    That's funny, because that's the exact same thing I have thought about you while reading this thread. You're far from innocent when it comes to name calling. Things are never going to change in this country until people learn to respect each other and work together. All the generalizing and name calling is childish.

    Leave a comment:


  • JRScott
    replied
    Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    Which people do you think he's working for? Not our children or grandchildren who he is burdening with debt so fast their lives are going to be third world in nature.

    Obama is a politician. He's not working for anyone except his narcissitic ego.
    Very true. Sadly Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Charles Rangle, Mitch McConnell, Chris Dodd, etc are of the same cloth.

    Leave a comment:


  • OhioFiler
    replied
    Originally posted by spearmint View Post
    I think President Obama is at least working for the people and that's a TON (prob a 100 tons) more than I can say for the last government.
    Which people do you think he's working for? Not our children or grandchildren who he is burdening with debt so fast their lives are going to be third world in nature.

    Obama is a politician. He's not working for anyone except his narcissitic ego.

    Leave a comment:


  • OhioFiler
    replied
    Originally posted by CoCoChanel View Post
    It is real sad to see so many people against the president, not giving him a chance, using the phrase "out of his league" and so on. As I sit and watch the many presidents who have come and gone, I wonder sometimes why people get so upset when people of color say that folks talk this trash because the man is black, knowing full well any idiot who has ever been in office has made mistakes a lot worst than the few mishaps Obama has made.

    Nobody had nothing to say about that. You let these idiots stay in office and screw up all of your hard earned money and you could have cared less what color he was. All that was important was that he was the leader of the free world. I can not wait to see what the next 16yrs will be like once Obama is no longer president. If you think things are bad now, just wait and see and maybe you'll understand that it does not matter who the president is as long as all parties are on board to assist. Clinton had this same issue dealing with idiots who wanted to be president themselves like Boehner does now and they roadblock all the president has to do. Its a game to them....not realizing that the greater good is good for all.
    You seem to bring a lot of racist bias to this conversation as well as a fair share of double negatives. You need to work on your anger toward people of other racial backgrounds and your writing skills.

    Have a great day.

    Leave a comment:


  • OhioFiler
    replied
    Originally posted by CoCoChanel View Post
    I have not figured out why so many people seem to forget that Obama has not been in office that long and the problem with the economy was never his fault in the first place. Give the man a break. Haters...all of you and shame for thinking that one man could come in and clean up all this b.s. that was started by others who just could have cared less. Yeah I said it...Bush...the other president.
    Of course it's not his fault (nor Bush's fault). It IS his problem though. And every step he has taken to solve it has either been a disaster or is a clear step toward Mraxism.

    I'll give Obama a break when you admit you are wrong for your "hating" GWB. I don't hate Obama. I simply recognize he's a professional campaigner, a terrific telepromter reader and a man of no real substance or administrative talent. He reminds me of the character Tom Hanks played in the movie Big.

    BTW, it's not "could have cared less". I think you mean "could NOT HAVE cared less". The way you write it indicated there was room to care less. That the evil Republicans cared but could have cared less.

    When you can't write clearly your message loses worth. Your name calling doesn't help either. Thus, I've discounted your opinion to unreasoned and limited.

    Leave a comment:


  • spearmint
    replied
    I think President Obama is at least working for the people and that's a TON (prob a 100 tons) more than I can say for the last government.

    Leave a comment:


  • CoCoChanel
    replied
    Like Some of you on the Site has Never Cheated on your Taxes

    It is real sad to see so many people against the president, not giving him a chance, using the phrase "out of his league" and so on. As I sit and watch the many presidents who have come and gone, I wonder sometimes why people get so upset when people of color say that folks talk this trash because the man is black, knowing full well any idiot who has ever been in office has made mistakes a lot worst than the few mishaps Obama has made.

    Nobody had nothing to say about that. You let these idiots stay in office and screw up all of your hard earned money and you could have cared less what color he was. All that was important was that he was the leader of the free world. I can not wait to see what the next 16yrs will be like once Obama is no longer president. If you think things are bad now, just wait and see and maybe you'll understand that it does not matter who the president is as long as all parties are on board to assist. Clinton had this same issue dealing with idiots who wanted to be president themselves like Boehner does now and they roadblock all the president has to do. Its a game to them....not realizing that the greater good is good for all.

    Leave a comment:


  • CoCoChanel
    replied
    Got Help This Country(?)

    I have not figured out why so many people seem to forget that Obama has not been in office that long and the problem with the economy was never his fault in the first place. Give the man a break. Haters...all of you and shame for thinking that one man could come in and clean up all this b.s. that was started by others who just could have cared less. Yeah I said it...Bush...the other president.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeb
    replied
    Originally posted by JRScott View Post
    We could probably have avoided many of the woes we now face had they done so.
    Certainly true. - jb

    Leave a comment:


  • JRScott
    replied
    Originally posted by blankslate View Post
    Funny, I have a lot of liberal friends and I've never gotten that opinion.

    Honestly it's this closed minded bias that is getting us nowhere. You're either with us or you're an idiot because I said so. It's c**p. I can see both sides of the spectrum and really don't understand why no one in congress can.

    I'm optimistic about the future. I saw the current state of our economy coming long before anyone else did and tried to warn people but everyone looked at me like I was a nut. I'm probably the only person right now that really does feel hopeful. Things are going to level out now and people will figure it out. I've been living in shambles for 5 years and I hate to see others crashing down to the same place but at least I got a head start.

    McCain couldn't have done any better in this amount of time. He didn't have a plan at all or even acknowledge what was happening until it was undeniable. I actually liked McCain for many years and when he announced he was throwing his hat in the ring, I thought right away I would vote for him. I didn't, he didn't impress me in the end.

    Cant we just put our right and left opinions aside and just be glad someone is at least working on the problem? I would've been happy if the last administration had addressed it and at least tried.
    McCain wasn't the best choice for the R, I think Romney would have been a much more qualified and better person. However Huckabee's campaign smearing Mormons in essence cost both Romney and Huckabee any chance of winning. The Anti Mormon sentiment stirred up in the south meant Romney couldn't have won the election, and Huckabee's campaign attacks against them would have cost him the western states which means he couldn't have won. Religion should never have entered into the race, I'd vote for Muslim or Buddhist if I thought the were the right man for the job. Bringing it into the race to me was ignoring the first amendment.

    On the D side, Clinton would have been better than Obama too. To many were taken in by a great orator only to find out now he was a mostly hollow shell. Although she would have been better it would have sent a bad message to the world too. We have had to much of a dynasty going and it was necessary to break that cycle. A Bush or Clinton had been President or Vice President from 1981 til 2009. However Clinton was far more qualified than Obama.

    It isn't your president that matters as much as who represents you in Congress and a realization that the government cannot provide everything for you without taking everything from you. To many ignore the congressional elections and just concentrate on the Presidential elections. Presidents come and go as dictated by the constitutional limit on their terms, but members of Congress are far to often left in their for life. Jefferson had once said that the beauty of the system was these people would leave office and return to normal life and thus they'd never do anything to harm themselves. Its a shame him and the other founding fathers did not include term limits in the Constitution. We could probably have avoided many of the woes we now face had they done so.

    Leave a comment:


  • OhioFiler
    replied
    Originally posted by jeb View Post

    And God help our solders when they are captured now - tks for Bubba Bush, Chaney and gang. And they will walk free with not even the typical slap on the wrist for what they have done to this country.

    I see your point. I forgot those fine Terrorists we're engaging follow the rules of the Geneva Convention in the way they treat our captured soldiers and others. They don't behead them or fly airplanes into our buildings UNLESS they see we are waterboarding some maggot who would gladly die for his cause. This attitude of yours is the basis behind Stalin's reference to the left in this country as Useful Idiots.

    UNTIL that right, the right of a woman to choose in this case, goes against what YOU believe. ....force YOUR believes on others, to H**L with the Constitution

    Absolutely she has choice whether to behave in such a way as to become pregnant or not. I could not care less about anyone else's sexual behavior. Once she CHOOSES to become pregnant she has created a life.

    Please quote the paragraph in the Constitution that guarantees a woman's right to an abortion. Thank you.



    For almost 8 years we lived in a dictatorship in this country -

    Yes, please provide the proof behind this Moveon.org thinking. I'd love to see how you fedine the last eight years as a dictatorship. Your credibility is shot with nonsensical posts such as this.

    Sad - how very, very sad. - jb
    I couldn't agree more. Your thought process is sad indeed.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeb
    replied
    Originally posted by blankslate View Post
    McCain couldn't have done any better in this amount of time. He didn't have a plan at all or even acknowledge what was happening until it was undeniable. I actually liked McCain for many years and when he announced he was throwing his hat in the ring, I thought right away I would vote for him. I didn't, he didn't impress me in the end.

    Cant we just put our right and left opinions aside and just be glad someone is at least working on the problem? I would've been happy if the last administration had addressed it and at least tried.
    I was seriously considering voting for McCain in 2000 - until Bubba Bush and company smeared him in SC with nothing but lies and a short time later he is standing on stage with a big smile on his face and supporting Bubba.

    I want someone that doesn't sell out in the name of politics.

    And when the Swift Boat Assassins did their number on Kerry, it was the last straw for me and the Republican party. If seems smear tactics, lies and halftruths is the only way they can get elected - and far, far to many Americas are to dumb to see through it.

    And yes, thank God, if you are inclined to do so, that for the first time in well over a hundred years we have elected a man that truly is working for the people and the country.

    Our founding fathers came up with some amazing documents in putting this country together but one thing they should have put in was that no one that has anything to do with making laws, protecting laws, defending laws, ruling on laws or in any way could influence that procedure could not hold public office.

    That would take judges, attorneys and the like out of the mix and then maybe we could get some people that, for a while, would have the interest of the people at heart when they enter.

    And if what this country has seen over the last few years does not bring about term limits I don't know what it will take.

    IMHO, the only reason President Obama is working for the people is simply because he had not been in public office long enough to have been bought and paid for by large corps. - jb

    Leave a comment:


  • jeb
    replied
    Typical liberal. America is evil. Can't trust any American.

    Where do I start?

    America is evil? No - but does America at times do things are one could consider evil, like TORTURE people? Yes - and I have and will for all time protest against it - because it goes against everything this country stands for.

    And God help our solders when they are captured now - tks for Bubba Bush, Chaney and gang. And they will walk free with not even the typical slap on the wrist for what they have done to this country.

    What rights don't the states protect? Only ones I can think of are the unalienable rights of the unborn.

    Surely you jest? Being raised at a time and place where we had "colored" waiting rooms and drinking fountains and "they" didn't dare enter any place of business or even go to the same schools, I can tell you all about "the states" protection of rights. (Some of our more "enlighten" citizens even had ax handles at their place of business - and were elected Governor of the State!)

    It was NOT the State governments that did away with this but the Federal government - because if one does not let EVERYONE VOTE or, even worse, if the majority does not protect the rights of the minority, they will have no rights.

    Only ones I can think of are the unalienable rights of the unborn.

    And you wonder why I call you Hypocrites? You are all FOR a persons rights - UNTIL that right, the right of a woman to choose in this case, goes against what YOU believe. Then, as usual, you want to force YOUR believes on others, to H**L with the Constitution, the people or the country.

    And you ask what rights the states DON'T protect?

    I have an optimistic view of our citizenry. Most libs are pessimistic.

    Only partly right.

    I think "most" liberals are pessimistic about the direction this country has been going in - the trashing of the Constitution, totally taken over by large corps, trashing our beautiful country and slowly dismantling everything put in place to protect the individual, the country or the world.

    For almost 8 years we lived in a dictatorship in this country - and you fine, upstanding Patriotic Republican Hypocrites not only said not a word but worked to give them even more power.

    Sad - how very, very sad. - jb

    Leave a comment:


  • jeb
    replied
    I don't know what country you are living in, but every D and R in Congress is beholden to various special interest, the majority of which are not even based in their states.

    JR, I agree with your first statement. I have never - and never will - say that the majority of the Democrats don't fall into the same mold as the Republican Hypocrites - it is this total "closed mind" that far, far too many Republicans have that I can't tolerate - my way or the highway - on every issue.

    The Federal Government I"d say is far more corrupt than the State governments. (I'm pretty sure every member of the North Carolina Executive Branch has paid their taxes.....can't say the same for the feds....)


    As for the second, don't necessarily agree with this due to the cost of "buying" a State official is far, far less than on the national level.

    Being from North Carolina, when I was growing up, the Sheriff of Buncombe County had been in office for about 30 years - it was said he could take a drunk out of the drunk tank and make him Governor of the State. In those days, the Sheriffs were THE power in the State.

    I guess you never read the US Tax code which is the most discriminating law in the land......

    Ref taxes - we know about those that have not paid their taxes only because they have had to be vetted - maybe vetting should be a part of EVERY elected officail, local, state and federal. We could made a BIG dent in the federal debt.

    And you are certainly correct about the tax code being the mosty discriminating law in the land - TOTALLY LOADED AGAINST ALL BUT THE RICH AND POWERFUL.

    IF those loopholes in the code that protect Corps and the rich were closed, everyone's taxes would go down dramatically. You and I pay more taxes every year that some living in million dollar homes - one of several they own - and make millions every year.

    I paid more taxes when I was making very little than I did when I had a 6 digit income - all because of loopholes I could afford to use when I had the money. - jb

    Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X