top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Meth-Head Squatters Are Finally Gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meth-Head Squatters Are Finally Gone!

Foreclosed home across the street. Band of meth-head squatters decided to play house there when the owner vacated. It was bad! This is a decent middle-class neighborhood - only house like this on the block. They were there for about 2 mos. What a nightmare to have people like this so close to my home and of course they also trashed the house.

The police were over there a lot but couldn't get them out permanantly. When they'd come, they'd pull out at least 15 people at a time.

I finally got a hold of some special unit and the next day they were all gone.

I hear it's happening all over.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Way to use your citizen power, danaf!! Must be much quieter and safer around the neighborhood now, thanks to you!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Sorry you had to deal with that. I get around in my job and in some areas I have seen homes with these oversize panels over the windows and doors. Its like fort knox. These things look like solid steel and connected from the inside. Even the garage and front doors are secured big time. I like it better than the plywood, but its still an eyesore.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Kick out a family instead of giving them a loan mod and look who moves in and destroys the asset and neighborhood value.

Banks need to get a clue!

I don't know if that is what happened in this case, but the freakin banks need to be a lot more proactive in helping families stay, it just costs the banks and the taxpayers more money to kick them out.

Foreclose on the home, and then resell it to someone else for less than the original owner would have settled for in modification.

Sucks!

Comment

In our county the Sheriff's department has a group of volunteers who drive around and check out the foreclosed homes to make sure nobody is in them. If someone is squatting they call in the sheriffs to kick them out. It sucks to know the house I took care of for 3 years is empty and they are going to sell it to someone else for less than what I owed since they wouldn't work with me on payments.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonMom View Post
            In our county the Sheriff's department has a group of volunteers who drive around and check out the foreclosed homes to make sure nobody is in them. If someone is squatting they call in the sheriffs to kick them out. It sucks to know the house I took care of for 3 years is empty and they are going to sell it to someone else for less than what I owed since they wouldn't work with me on payments.

"Group of volunteers"? I think the Sheriff's Deputy's should do this. I would hate to get caught blowing the whistle on a crack head or gangs unless I lived in a State that let me arm myself.

Don't mean to sound like I'm giving up or giving in, I'm not! I would only "volunteer" if I was in law enforcement or was able to "pack a pistol". I don't need any un welcome visitors coming to my house. This is why we pay the sheriff's dept.
            Last edited by banca rotta; 05-05-2009, 03:16 PM.
            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
              "Group of volunteers"? I think the Sheriff's Deputy's should do this. I would hate to get caught blowing the whistle on a crack head or gangs unless I lived in a State that let me arm myself.

Don't mean to sound like I'm giving up or giving in, I'm not! I would only "volunteer" if I was in law enforcement or was able to "pack a pistol". I don't need any un welcome visitors coming to my house. This is why we pay the sheriff's dept.
              The county I live in is a retirement community and the old folks won't approve any tax increases so we have one sheriff on at a time to patrol over 1600 square miles and "protect" 76,000 people. The volunteers are fully trained but don't get paid and they can't carry a weapon. They don't confront anyone, they drive by lists of foreclosed homes and if they look occupied notify the city police if in town or the sheriff's department. If you live out in the county and get robbed you can expect someone to respond in two weeks or so. Unless there is a death you are pretty much out of luck. We all have security systems, bigs dogs and big guns because it is the wild wild west here in Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonMom View Post
                The county I live in is a retirement community and the old folks won't approve any tax increases so we have one sheriff on at a time to patrol over 1600 square miles and "protect" 76,000 people. The volunteers are fully trained but don't get paid and they can't carry a weapon. They don't confront anyone, they drive by lists of foreclosed homes and if they look occupied notify the city police if in town or the sheriff's department. If you live out in the county and get robbed you can expect someone to respond in two weeks or so. Unless there is a death you are pretty much out of luck. We all have security systems, bigs dogs and big guns because it is the wild wild west here in Oregon.

The drive by is ok. I wouldn't knock at the door or go near the property.

Thanks
                The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Yeah, they cook meth in the houses too. It's not safe to live in a house or condo or apartment after they have cooked meth in there.

I know of a realtor who sold a home to first home buyers who bought a foreclosed home and a cop told the couple it had been a meth lab. They got it tested and sued the realtor.

And mobile homes? No way someone can live in one of those after meth has been cooked in there.

Banks need to get a clue? Banks in my opinion are part of the problem. They are all about money and control and fear, in my opinion.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X