Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ding Dong's first ever.....

MOVIE REVIEW!!

Ok not really a movie review per se, but we just arrived home from seeing "UP", the new Pixar movie.

SOO GOOOD!

Cute little feel good movie, take the fam, adults will love it, and you will forget about all the outside world crap for a couple of hours, stash some candy in your purse and a can of Grape soda and your good to go.

My favorite quote " I was hiding under the porch because I love you!"

Plus you get to see new Ice Age trailer! I love that little prehistoric squirrel that can never get the acorn.

Totally worth the 9.00 admission.

DD, we have DVD's still in wrapper and just have no time to even look at ones we bought a year ago. Every time I try to watch a movie (usually in our bedroom) I fall asleep five minutes into it. Attempted to start the same movie five nights in a row. Slept good though. LOL. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

My son got an AMC gift card for his birthday so I think "UP" is on the agenda for today. Personally, I've been drooling over the Harry Potter trailers.
      over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
      Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

I've heard its good.

I"m leaning to see the GI Joe movie, Transformers movie, maybe Harry Potter.

I was inclined to see Star Trek though but never went.

I've not been in years to the movie theater (Guess last one I went to was Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith...though I might of seen the Harry Potter movie after that).
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I rarely go out to the movies either. It is about 50.00 when we all go, but my ex had a gift card and it was a cheap night out, plus I used my theatre loyalty card and we had free popcorn. I would have gladly paid for this one though.

Even was a little teary eyed in parts, yes, I am a sap!

Its a good story, overcoming hardship and lifes obstacles and realizing there is more to life even when you think it is over.

You will leave feeling good. The little fat kid, Russell, that is the "co-star" is a crackup!

Can't wait for Harry Potter!

Comment

I got to see the whole premier hubub for this outside of the Disney El Capitan Theatre. It was pretty cool... the "red carpet" was actually green astroturf with a white picket fence. All of Hollywood blvd was taken over by balloons and they were releasing suds into the air that were shaped in the letters "Up". Pretty cool to see!

I was just checking out prices for the digital 3D version at El Capitan and Universal City Walk... $16 a ticket!!! I guess that's why we don't go to the movies anymore.

Maybe we can work tomorrow's matinee ($10 per ticket) into our budget. Thanks for the review and recommendation!
            12/05/08 - filed pro se
            01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
            04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
            6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Ah so we decided to use our entertainment budget for the entire month and go... Went to the El Capitan and saw it in 3D... What a great movie!

Thanks for the recommendation Dingdong! It was money well spent!
              12/05/08 - filed pro se
              01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
              6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

3D! How cool! We just saw the regular version.

Wasn't Doug cute?

Glad you enjoyed it!

DD

Comment

I miss "Kevin" already.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I swear "Doug" was based on my dog...

I think the part that got the most laughs out of me was the two old men fighting and both getting a crick in their back. LOL

Man I wish El Capitan would do Harry Potter in 3D! That is a really cool theatre!
                    12/05/08 - filed pro se
                    6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate View Post
                      Man I wish El Capitan would do Harry Potter in 3D! That is a really cool theatre!
                      Ahh... the memories of El Capitan in 1991. Stayed at the Hilton that time. Other than my broken ankle, seeing shows at the Comedy Store and "Laugh Factory" (for a taping!)... I enjoyed myself! Andrew Dice Clay himself made an impromptu appearance at the Comedy Store... and made 3 hecklers leave... crying.

The morning smog... err... haze overlooking LA from Hollywood Hills is spectacular.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL it's actually gotten much better (the air quality). I moved to San Diego in 1998 and I remember driving through LA and seeing the brown air so thick that all of the freeway signs dripped smog. It's still not the greatest air quality but it's not that visible haze anymore like it used to be. At least California got one thing right by getting tight on the emissions over the past decade.

One of these nights I want to get over to see Jimmy Kimmel Live! at the El Capitan.
                        12/05/08 - filed pro se
                        6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                          Every time I try to watch a movie (usually in our bedroom) I fall asleep five minutes into it.
                          im the same way!! lmao!!! BF asked if i wanted to rent a couple movies last nite and i said why im already tired!
                          retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
                          10/30/10- WEDDING!!
                          09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

Darnit. I already want to see it again. I told my Dad about it this morning, I think he would get a kick out of the movie. Though the part about "Ellie" might make him sad since he just lost his wife a year ago. They were childhood sweethearts and married in 1941. Divorced in 1970 and then married again just 2 years before she passed away.
                            12/05/08 - filed pro se
                            6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31448115...inment-movies/
                              12/05/08 - filed pro se
                              6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X