top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, A Disneyland Dispute? Say It Ain't So!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention this, Disney raised the price of there tickets this Sunday.. Why in the world would they do that when there having such a hard time getting people in the door as it is ?? You would think they would drop the price, kick in a few extra's to get people motivated to come out and spend some money.. This is why i go to Sea World
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
      I forgot to mention this, Disney raised the price of there tickets this Sunday.. Why in the world would they do that when there having such a hard time getting people in the door as it is ?? You would think they would drop the price, kick in a few extra's to get people motivated to come out and spend some money.. This is why i go to Sea World
      First they are having no trouble getting people in there. It's as crowded as ever! The problem, as I see it, is getting those people to spend money in the park. Disneyland in particular gets a lot of locals and locals don't need to buy much merchandise since they can go whenever. Plus they are more likely to leave the park to eat as well.

They are completely redoing California Adventure and I'm sure that had a small something to do with it. But for the most part they raise ticket prices EVERY August. That's just the way it is. My annual pass went up $40, still worth every penny considering what it would cost to pay outright for tickets every time we go. There are many incentives right now though.

Legoland on the other hand is WAY overpriced for what you get. Thankfully they run "Homeschool" days in the fall and spring which cuts the cost of going considerably.
      Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
      Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
        Kenshirley: Have a blessed and wonderful 40th. In this day and time that is record making. I was married 23 with my wonderful wife of my two daughters. Things did not go well after daughters left, and I am now 21 with my DW, Mrs. C.

We in FL love Disney World although we have not been there for some long time.

NOW DO NOT misunderstand me, the Disney company has become so "politically correct" that they offer a Gay day at Disney World. We have many Gay friends as we are members of a historical neighborhood and many Gay folks do wonders in restoration and are above average usually in pay scale. There IS NO bias here. However, it seemed to us that on that day, if someone came not knowing it, that the "activists" Gay people put a show on that was not in good taste for a family with small children. Some things done in Public, should be held off to private. That is all I'm going to say about that as there are bad apples in every cart.

I would give Disney another chance. Not now, but maybe later. 'Hub
        just to provide a little more information...Disney does not actually sponsor "Gay Days". It started years ago as 1 day at the Magic Kingdom, but it's grown now to be 4 or 5 consecutive days at the various Disney and Universal Parks. For those that do not know, it's the 1st weekend in June, plus a few days before or after. My understanding is that they will refund the tickets for those that are offended. (Yes, I agree there are some people there who are offensive - always a few bad apples). The refund doesn't do you much good if you flew in from hundreds/thousands of miles away. However, there is a schedule as to what parks people will go to each day and there usually is a gaydays website that publishes the schedule, so one can just avoid the designated park for the day. Oh, and if you do go and don't want someone to hit on you, don't wear red . I believe there is a similar, but smaller day at Disneyland in CA and there is usually 1 day each summer, usually in June at most amusement parks in conjunction with the area's Pride week/weekend.
        March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
        Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGirl View Post
          First they are having no trouble getting people in there. It's as crowded as ever! The problem, as I see it, is getting those people to spend money in the park. Disneyland in particular gets a lot of locals and locals don't need to buy much merchandise since they can go whenever. Plus they are more likely to leave the park to eat as well.

They are completely redoing California Adventure and I'm sure that had a small something to do with it. But for the most part they raise ticket prices EVERY August. That's just the way it is. My annual pass went up $40, still worth every penny considering what it would cost to pay outright for tickets every time we go. There are many incentives right now though.

Legoland on the other hand is WAY overpriced for what you get. Thankfully they run "Homeschool" days in the fall and spring which cuts the cost of going considerably.
          Your talking about Disneyland not having any problems getting people in the door, which is still kinda hard to believe with the way the economy is in Cal. I was refering to Disney World.. I know for a fact that the numbers are down here, I have a aunt who works in the accouting department (has worked for the company for 23 years) And Sales are down 19 % from last summer. I believe EVERYTHING is Disney is way overpriced, I mean come one who wants to pay $10.00 for a buger and $ 3.00 for a coke.. grrr not me !!
          Filed on 7-17-09
          waiting for 341
          341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

Your talking about Disneyland not having any problems getting people in the door, which is still kinda hard to believe with the way the economy is in Cal. I was refering to Disney World.. I know for a fact that the numbers are down here, I have a aunt who works in the accouting department (has worked for the company for 23 years) And Sales are down 19 % from last summer. I believe EVERYTHING is Disney is way overpriced, I mean come one who wants to pay $10.00 for a buger and $ 3.00 for a coke.. grrr not me !!
            I got you, I thought we were still on Disneyland. I agree about FL. It relies on tourists and that is way down. I was there in January for the marathon and was shocked at how empty the place was. Nice for me but not so good for Disney.

As for the food thing, that's anywhere you go. Most theme/amusement parks have seriously overpriced food.

TooMuchCredit - Gay Days at DL is the first weekend of October. I think they do a mini-Gay Day in the summer as well but I can't swear to it.
            Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Just an update, they did charge my debit card yesterday and they have all my money.
              I called the bank and verified this morning.
              They told me yesterday that it may be 1-2 "billing cycles" before I saw the deposit I gave them a week ago and the final charge yesterday as a credit.
              To that I informed them they have 48 hours to refund the full amount or I file a dispute with the bank which of course will result in a reinstatement of funds immediately. I also informed them this was debit card that I can monitor in real time online and not a credit card.
              I can teach Disney Incorporated how to do business as required.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                J
                They told me yesterday that it may be 1-2 "billing cycles" before I saw the deposit I gave them a week ago and the final charge yesterday as a credit.
                I always tell them, "you can take my money in seconds, but take 30-60 days to refund it?" I then tell them that I'm filing a fraud charge against them. They seem to move quicker after I tell them that.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I seriously doubt it will take more than a few days no matter who the vendor is. I've never had a debt card refund take that long. Here's hoping it shows up ASAP and you're done with it all.
                  Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Yes the dispute process with my bank is very quick. If they think you have a valid case they reinstate your monies right now as a temporary credit and they attempt to contact the company for an explanation and a refund to the bank to cover your temporary credit.
                    That gets their attention right now.
                    I did not know this process was available with a debit card until this last Spring when I had a problem with a prepaid phone. I got one and was told I would get a local phone number. That number was not even in my area code!
                    I told them if they could not give me a local number that I had no use for their phone nor the extra minutes I had paid for. They shut the phone off on me because I was not happy I will assume and tried to keep the cost of the phone and the extra minutes totaling around $67.
                    The bank refunded my money on both transactions right away and gave them 30 days to cough up. They never heard from them according to the bank and they reversed the charges on the company to recover their money.
                    The stupid thing is that I still have the prepaid phone with the accessories as ordered from the company. I guess they don't want it back?
                    I got another brand of prepaid and have never had a problem with that new company.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGirl View Post
                      I seriously doubt it will take more than a few days no matter who the vendor is. I've never had a debt card refund take that long. Here's hoping it shows up ASAP and you're done with it all.
                      I would certainly hope so. The bank says to only give them another 48 hours so I guess if I don't have the money back in my account by Friday I will file a dispute.
                      Such is life.
                      I don't mind a good argument but I would rather have one that has some basis to it.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        I always tell them, "you can take my money in seconds, but take 30-60 days to refund it?" I then tell them that I'm filing a fraud charge against them. They seem to move quicker after I tell them that.
                        that is so true !! I had to make a return to a local target store for something i bought online ( school shirts) and they told me I would either have to get a gift card or wait 30 days for the money to be returned on my debt card.. there reason was, they have to make sure the funds clear first.. Helllloooo how in the hell would you mail me my items if you didn't get your money in the first place !!

Disney girl.. Yea your right , most parks do charge that much for food and drinks, when I take the girls to Sea World I pack a to go bag, with drinks an all.. noramlly will eat before we get in.. this way I only end up spending about 10.00 for ice cream !

Ken Am i understand this right.. instead of them returning your $100.00, they charged you for your whole trip ??
                        Filed on 7-17-09
                        waiting for 341
                        341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

No with Disney you pay a $200 deposit minimum up front with the entire balance due 30 days before you arrive which is what I did.
                          Their cancellation policy that you must agree to when you make payments states that if you cancel more than 30 days in advance that they get to keep $100 of your money.
                          First of all I think that is BS but what are you going to do?
                          But when I found out they were playing games with my reservation right after I paid the full amount yesterday I told them under the circumstances they were not keeping any of my money.
                          As far as I am concerned this was nothing but a hook as such to get more money from me after my contract was made and paid.
                          Look at it this way, if I had got there and found out I was only entitled to 2 days in the park when I contracted for 3 they would really have had a problem with me at the park and hotels they own.

Comment

Honestly, I always felt much better spending my money at Sea World. For one thing, the park breaks even and is used as a tax write off for all of the work they do for marine life. Second, they don't rip off their guests. The year passes are extremely reasonable and they include parking. On top of that, you get a discount at the stores and food vendors. Same with the San Diego Zoo. A lot of good comes from the money guests spend there.

Disney? Just makes a handful of people wealthier. Pure greed.
                            12/05/08 - filed pro se
                            01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                            04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                            6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Yep, Corporate Greed that is.
                              I wonder if they teach that class in college now?

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate View Post
                                Honestly, I always felt much better spending my money at Sea World. For one thing, the park breaks even and is used as a tax write off for all of the work they do for marine life. Second, they don't rip off their guests. The year passes are extremely reasonable and they include parking. On top of that, you get a discount at the stores and food vendors. Same with the San Diego Zoo. A lot of good comes from the money guests spend there.

Disney? Just makes a handful of people wealthier. Pure greed.
                                Yep, that's what i have, a yearly pass.. and you can pay a little each month. I pay $26.00 a month for a family of four, so I try to go at lest once a month to get my monies worth.. Cheap Fun ~ You may think going once a month is a bit much , but my youngest daughter who happpens to be autistic loves it, she can't get enough of shamu
                                Filed on 7-17-09
                                waiting for 341
                                341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X