remembering 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remembering 9/11

I was in tower 2 on 9/11 am I am going through my yearly sadness today. I just wanted to post a post for some reason.

The weather here is just like it was on that day. This is the first year I haven't been in NYC on 9/11 and it's strange how the world seems to have forgotten all about it.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Yes, I agree. I think Bush was worthy in the defense against the Terrorists. He just picked the wrong Country. His Pappy's unfinished work. If he had gone to the correct Country, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and a handful of others as in Somalia, I think it would have been quick and decisive.

I am a private pilot. While on a trip to Chi I was in an Indiana motel watching Imus in the Morning drinking my first COC. The news broke in about a small private jet that "accidentally" hit building 1. However being a pilot, knowing the flight rules, I then saw the second jet liner going left to right in back of both buildings. My thoughts were, he is too low for a city, then it made a right descending turn 180 degrees, and I KNEW what was going to happen. I jumped up from the bed in horror and screamed Stit NO, STIT NO! and witnessed the plane shaped ball of fire coming through tower two. I cried. I started my trip to Chi and about 10 I had to stop and went to a motel lobby and saw tower two crumble over at the top, then down. I saw the people coming down from the windows escaping flame for fall. Then, I saw tower one fall imploding on itself.

I turned my trip around so shaken that I went back to FL and canceled my trip.

It is a wonder that we cannot fathom that this ever happened here and on U.S. soil. So soon we forget.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The year of 9-11, we plagiarized a bit of this show for the Library. Be forewarned, it is a tough show to watch.

It is a long download so be patient and it is a PowerPoint show.

'Hub

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
        I was in tower 2 on 9/11 am I am going through my yearly sadness today. I just wanted to post a post for some reason.

The weather here is just like it was on that day. This is the first year I haven't been in NYC on 9/11 and it's strange how the world seems to have forgotten all about it.
        My heart goes out to you, for what you and so many others experienced on that terrible day. Please know, that it has not been forgotten. This event touched almost every life here in the US in some way. Like so many other terrible events in life, we must get through them and move forward. But taking a bit of time to reflect on what was, is a necessary part of that process. Today is indeed a day for reflection.

I wish you peace.
        8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
        11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

I was on a Boeing 757 in the air, traveling from New England to Detroit. We flew right past NYC on our way. When we landed, the news on the airport monitors was obvious. The pilots never told us anything.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Not forgotten here either....

I still keep our boys out of school this day. We just hang out together and do fun stuff. (They're hardly ever sick so they have perfect attendance every other time of the year.)

We went and got a movie and lunch. This was the first payday we could actually do something extra since the BK, so it was even more special.

We also have alot of family in the military, so our boys really respect them for what they do. <3
            8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
            8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
            9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
            11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

I always get sad and reflective on this day. Even though it's been 8 years, I can still remember everything vividly. It's weird not being in nyc this year. There everyone gets reflective, but here it's just another day.

A close friend of mine died that day, and I always felt so guilty for getting out safely. We worked for different companies and he was on a much higher floor of Tower 2 than I was.

I have moved on, and I am very grateful for all the happy times and great opportunities I have had. But I just want to remember my friend and all those who lost their lives on that day.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                I always get sad and reflective on this day. Even though it's been 8 years, I can still remember everything vividly. It's weird not being in nyc this year. There everyone gets reflective, but here it's just another day.

A close friend of mine died that day, and I always felt so guilty for getting out safely. We worked for different companies and he was on a much higher floor of Tower 2 than I was.

I have moved on, and I am very grateful for all the happy times and great opportunities I have had. But I just want to remember my friend and all those who lost their lives on that day.
                Nothing can replace actually losing a friend in that terrible tragedy. However, some of us (there are becoming fewer) who realize what a Country we have and her value system still feel a very huge loss. The next year, I attempted my trip up to Chi. When I passed that same Indiana motel, I called Mrs. and said, "I'm not going to Chi, I'm going to NY. And, I did. To see that hole in the ground and the immensity of the destruction, there are no words...... I had a three block long line to see the hole, when our line passed the Church that had the pictures and momentoes upon it in memory of the lost, there was NOT a dry eye in that line.

I am old enough to remember the day Kennedy got shot. It is burned into my mind like a branding iron. This was far more chilling as those were not soldiers but innocents killed for no good reason. 'Hub

Comment

On 9/11 I was a cabinet builder. This was before I hurt my back a couple of times, actually just before that. We were at work and the normal policy was no radios on during work time on the line. However once word started to spread folks wondered on bathroom breaks by the snack room and listened in.

When Tower 1 fell and destroyed several ambulances and rescue vehicles we had built those. There were several similar ambulances in the line, different colors from the ones that were lost. However the company immediately revamped those by repainting them and getting the cabinets recolored to replace them. One was donated to the fire station can't remember which one.

It was one of the few weeks I actually worked a lot of overtime to cut out replacement cabinets for the replacement ambulances.

Another interesting connection to my family. There was a church at WTC. My aunt's brother was a minister there. He was due in church that morning, his name is Jeff. However as he left home he felt a need to check on a member of the congregation who he hadn't seen in a while. He detoured from his normal path and the tower was hit while he was visiting the member of his church. Had he not stopped to see them he would most likely have died there that day as so many did. He recently conducted a marriage for my cousin which is the first time I'd met him and his wife.
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Back then, me and my family were still living in Germany. It was about 3 PM when my brother from Thailand called and told me what happened. We all rushed to the TV and and started crying when we saw people jumping...

We simply couldn't imagine what happened that day. A few years earlier, we visited New York and were standing on top of that building...
                    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I was born the same day Bobby Kennedy was shot, so don't have the 60's memories. But this was like the Challenger explosion in the 80's for me, will never forget where I was or what I was doing that day. I was watching the Today Show on NBC (central time zone so it was 7 in the morning for me) with breakfast when I saw them break in and the live coverage from NY. It was so shocking. I was teaching at a small University and couldn't stay home to see what was going on so was at school when the towers actually fell, was constantly checking the net for news whenever I could. I was sure there were 30,000 or more dead, and more attacks to come, it was such a sad horrible time.

My significant other at the time worked at a federal building in Denver, and I wasn't able to reach him for almost a day. He said they had Blackhawk helicopters in the parking lot by that afternoon, it wasn't just NYC or DC, the entire nation was in a state of fear and grief.

I'm at a different University in a different state now, but today we stopped all 8am classes for a moment of silence to remember and honor those who were lost in NYC, DC, and PA. The students here were 10-14 years old when this happened, it was one of the defining moments of their life, a big part of their cultural identity. They won't be forgetting, even if we just have quiet moments of reflection as opposed to big memorial ceremonies. It changed the American way of life, and we all still feel the effects, although not as personally as those who were there or who lost friends and family. Know we're all thinking of it today, whether it's verbalized or not, it's with us.
                      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

It is not just another day in this household. We will never forget.
                        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Seems like yesterday...I was living in DC at the time.
                          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I am still feeling a lot of grief today. Usually it takes me several days afterward to get back to "normal" (whatever that is).

Comment

The History Channel showed a lot of movie footage that had been taken by amateur photographers that day as the planes hit and the towers eventually fell. History Channel collected many of these to archive. They began--at least I turned it on at 10:00 PM. I stuck with it until about 1:00 AM and had to give it up.....
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X