This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK abuse is rampant.

This statement from a previous thread is completely wrong. Courts allow a lot of things that are not right/moral/ethical. Lieing, cheating, drinking(drunkeness), laziness, etc.

Please do not use the legal system as an excuse for bad behavior.

BK abuse is anyone that filed for BK NOT due to severe medical disabilities. America is the land of opportunity(president Obama) and nearly everyone can pull their own weight with a little hard work and frugal work.

Who is this sigferl fella? Sounds like a troll to me. The courts determine what amounts to abuse. If the court says you can file, there is no abuse. Therefore 95% is complete BS. So let's stop listening to this fella.

Freedom is not free

Folks, Just Ignore The Troll.

Comment

added to ignore list. How many business leaders in this country have filed BK. A Lot more then you know.

No one would take the risk of business if they would always be liable for it no matter what.

Or look at some of our own forum goers here. They do nothing wrong but get sued over and over again. They still have to fight the suits and this cost.

Saying anyone that files BK without medical debt is lazy/unethical has not paid any attention to the economy or grasp any concept of job loss/underemployment.
      3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
      4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
      4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
      6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Hahahaha sorry but your retarded. If Obama is full of promises where are the jobs he promised us when he was up for election? In result of him being elected president, the job market has worsened!! Wake up OP! Therefor, no jobs, no money to pay debts equates BK.
        9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
        11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
        01/04/2010 - last day for objections
        01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by sigferl View Post
          This statement from a previous thread is completely wrong. Courts allow a lot of things that are not right/moral/ethical. Lieing, cheating, drinking(drunkeness), laziness, etc.

Please do not use the legal system as an excuse for bad behavior.

BK abuse is anyone that filed for BK NOT due to severe medical disabilities. America is the land of opportunity(president Obama) and nearly everyone can pull their own weight with a little hard work and frugal work.

Who is this sigferl fella? Sounds like a troll to me. The courts determine what amounts to abuse. If the court says you can file, there is no abuse. Therefore 95% is complete BS. So let's stop listening to this fella.

Freedom is not free
          Sigferl...The statement you made (which I highlighted in red above) is completely inaccurate cause the courts would not allow bankruptcy at all if all bankruptices that did not include medical expenses were abusive. You are in the wrong forum if bankruptcy bothers you and frankly the majority of the posters on here are getting a bit weary of you continually pushing your frugality measures. Many also recognize you from causing issues on other internet forums.

This is a bankruptcy forum. If you have not filed nor plan to file and have nothing to offer posters as to bankruptcy except to be frugal and work seven jobs, you are in the wrong place. Consider this a warning to stop making postings to rile up posters because you have a thing against bankruptcy. Further steps will be taken if you do not adhere to this warning.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Let him stay, he might learn something thru the years. I have never been late, never bounced a check, never not paid a bill. Never owned anything but cheap gas cars, never bought a huge home the one I am losing is 1200 sq ft. My husband is almost 60 so am I, and since the downturn he has lost his job. We wiped out our retirement paying our bills, and now he is on medications and I think the downturn is a direct link to his sickness being this early in life. Our reason for filing is JOB! At 60 how many options does he have? The question is should we live in a cardboard box so we can PAY our debt back when wall street is rolling in the dough? How about the fact taht CEO pay has increase from 38 times what the average wage earner makes to 450 times what we make? I would say the real abuse is those who are stealing our incomes so both adults have to work in this nation. The troll can complain that we live too high, but in 1954 my father who work in a factory on the machines, mom did not work, managed to pay for his first wifes funeral and difficult deliver of the baby, got remarried and now had 7 children and with his FACTORY WAGES we sold our little home in town and bought a FARM, then cattle and machines from an auction. Name me someone today working in a factory job that could save up that kind of money while raising 7 kids. We bought our first TV in 1955, we had a washer and dryer, a freezer, a refrig, everyone had a nice bed and plenty of blankets and we heated our home as warm as we wanted because heating was cheap. GAs was cheap, food was cheap... we made some, and bought some clothing. THE REAL FACT IS PEOPLE ARE GOING BK FOR GOOD REASON. THEY HAVE STOLEN OUR INCOME AT THE TOP. TODAY ON NPR THEY EXPLAINED HOW JP CHASE WAS MAKING A PROFIT AFTER WE BAILED THEM OUT AND BOTH POLITICAL PARTIES SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR ALL OF THIS.. JP CHAASE IS ROLLING IN THE DOUGH AND THEY WILL ALL GET BONUS, BUT WE CAN NOT GET LOANS IN SMALL BUSINESS TO GROW.

Comment

Originally posted by sigferl View Post

Freedom is not free

It's challenging to pick yourself up by your bootstraps when you don't have boots. "Freedom is not free" and neither are boots.
              *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

BK abuse. Now to me, that's just plain amusing.

When you want to see abuse, look at the headlines and newspapers. Look at what the government and the big business (which are one and the same) are doing.

My situation is not abuse. My situation is a series of unfortunate events that have led to my financial problems.

To anyone that thinks like that, open your eyes and see the big picture.

I'm glad you were banned......
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                  government and the big business (which are one and the same)
                  Aint that the truth!

Comment

lets all hang our heads for a moment of silence....
                    we have lost a troll....
                    now party!
                    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

The OP has not yet been banned, he has been warned. If anyone is concerned with any further postings from him, please report them to the mods. Thank you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                        The OP has not yet been banned, he has been warned. If anyone is concerned with any further postings from him, please report them to the mods. Thank you.
                        HHM banned him early this morning.
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Ah!... power of authority... I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                            HHM banned him early this morning.
                            Thank you!
                            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I find it ironic. If anything is bad for the economy it is the credit industry. Just look at the mess our country is in. And after BK, when I can't live up to my previous means, I will just work harder to get ahead. So it is good for the economy every which way to Sunday.

Thanks HHM for ending this!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X