top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for pet lovers only...goodbye to nicky..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for pet lovers only...goodbye to nicky..

a while back, i posted that my 18 year old cat (the only kid i have) was given a death sentence by the vet, due to feline aids.. he was not expected to live but a few weeks and i was encouraged to euthanize him.. i couldnt do it, as he still ate and purred when he was picked up..he still seemed to enjoy his life..

well, he made an amazing unexpected comback that even suprised the vet...although his disease was terminal, he wouldnt give up..

my day in hell...two weeks ago, i was backing out of my driveway and thought it was clear...i felt a thump and when i looked, i had run over nicky.. he was screaming and dragging himself, my god what a terrible feeling..

when i picked him up, he would quit screaming and gripped me tight... i figured he had a broken back and was finished... a trip to the vet and xrays showed no broken bones... the vet said i should name him supercat....i felt so bad, that i had hurt my friend, being careless.. can you believe that an 18 year old cat could survive being run over by a pick-up truck?

i left him at the vet for 6 days and brought him home... he ate like a horse and other than a slight wobble in his walk, he looked good..

he has always been an indoor-outdoor cat and has a cat door and my yard has 4 ft cattle fence.....

the horror: i was invited to the beach monday nite and came home the next day... nicky always trots down the drive to meet me when he hears my motorcycle... this time, no nick... as i approached, nicky was lying dead on the patio door.. he had been attacked by dogs and ill spare you the details....it was like someone had punched me in the chest, as i couldnt breathe...

the markings on the ground, showed that he had made a heroic fight for his life....

i was partying and my pal was being mauled by dogs, i feel so bad...i can hardly type... i was there when he was born and took him to work with me to bottle feed when his momma got sick.. he died alone on the cold concrete...

i took him to the vet and he is being cremated... so much for the tough guy image, i wept like a kid as i handed his body to the technician at the vet.

i have been holding off on filing bk, because i didnt want to part with some personal property... i would gladly give it all, to have my buddy back...

i guess its silly, to get so tore up over a damn cat, but he was my family... nicky, i miss you friend!...
    "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Oh my gosh, I'm so terribly sorry!
    Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
    Last day for objections 1/22/2010
    Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
    Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

Sorry to hear about Nicky. We're a family of pet lovers, we have 5 inside dogs and 2 outside cats.There have been times when we had as many as 8 cats in the house. My husband has also kept 2 cats at his shop for years. He calls them his "guard" cats. I know how hard it is when something happens to someone in the "fur family".

I have been wondering how things have been going for you.

Comment

My heart goes out to you.

I am sorry for your loss.
        8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
        11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Adopt another, there are lots out there. You will be amazed how a new pet can transfer the love you had for your cat.
          My buddy is 1/2 Asian Leopard Cat. He's pretty good sized as a hybrid.
          Smartest cat I ever had but he sure likes attention.
          Someday I will tell him he's a cat and not supposed to act like a dog.
          Some of us just have to have pets, period.
          Last edited by kenshirley; 10-16-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Being an "ole woman", I have buried many of my pets in the past. Whether they live 2 yrs, 8 years, or 24 years (like one of mine did) they are a "big part" of your family. And we all treat them like "our kids".
            In fact, I probably treat my pets, better than some folks do treat their kids.
            When you have a pet 24 years they are part of your heart, mind, and every nite and day living.
            It is so sad that your buddy lost his life because of another animal and even sadder that you had to find him.
            You will find that you will miss him for a long time and think of him often. I'm sure you have a lot of GOOD MEMORIES that you can bring to mind.
            I've seen grown men fall down over a car and cry over there pet when it gets old and dies or if it gets hurt and has to be put down. Nothing wrong with tears!! Its TRUE EMOTION that comes from the heart, male or female.
            Sorry for the loss of your buddy......

When you heart heals some, your eye will catch the eye of another "buddy" in the future. Maybe not right away, but it will happen and you will have a new "furry friend" in your life. You will find each other!!

Minny
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

those who remember me, know that i have other cats... they are great, but they are pets... nick, was the last of the "good ole days".. he represented happier times... he was with me thrua divorce and other stuff and helped me keep a stiff upper lip in trying times..

i could have had a chapter 7, instead of hanging in limbo, if i had not given up the house that i rented, due to pet problems...

this has truly been a year from hell... i have an 88 year old mom who considered nick her "grand-cat".. she cooked him special food every week and she is sick with grief now... she is also fading on me, what next?
              "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Around my house when it rains - it just doesn't pour, IT COMES DOWN IN BUCKETS!!! Seems like it hits all at once, EVERYTHING.....
                The month of Sept was like that. Pneumonia, pancreitus, and gall bladder removal within 3 weeks. Now a blood clot in the leg. Now I say "what's next - bring it on"!
                Just take each day as it comes, each problem as it comes, and deal with them best you can..... Since you can't "change things", just try to ride with them till their over. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel and you survive it all.
                Hopefully you other cats will heal your heart a little more quickly. They will miss their buddy too, and you will notice that they do...
                Good luck to you.
                Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I am so, so sorry for your loss... Truly, my heart goes out to you.
                  BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Hi Floridian: I think we have had a similar conversation earlier. Your little Nicky was a most loved little soul, who loved you dearly and showed by his attempts at staying alive, to stay with you.

Grieve and mourn and bury the ashes, but be open.

Sooner or later, in the fullness of time, when it is right, a cat will appear on your doorstep that looks and /or acts, oddly familiar. Accept that one in. He/she will carry Nicky's essence, soul, if you will, trying to come home.

Please see my visitor page to see my story with Angel/Angelina.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Floridian:

I can hardly post for the tears. We lost three of our "children" cats to dogs. The last were one cat in three dogs mouth, and I was so traumatized I could not find my 38, and I lost them. Two before I killed the dogs.

Some time ago, long ago, my daughter just in her teens and first job on her own cried to me about two rottweilers who killed her pet. She was hystericle. Mrs. and I went over with a 22 rifle. I interviewed the children in the area and they said two fighting big dogs and they went after the children who ran. They described the dogs. We called the Sheriff, it was a Sunday and they would not come out. I said, I would handle it myself. They asked my name and I hung up. After six hours of searching, we were leaving. As we did, I saw a house with multi dog pens behind and these two fighting dogs described by the children. I told Mrs. I will offer $100 to the owner to kill those dogs. She protested but, I went to the house. No answer to the knocks, I went to my car and asked for the 38. Mrs. handed and I put it in my backside belt. I knocked, no answer. The two dogs were blocking my exit. I attempted to move and both growled and I took the 38 and fired. No fire. One dog lunged at me and I pulled the trigger again and downed it. The other ran and I hit it then dispatched it.

I later wrote the owner (anonymously with CC to the Sheriff) why I killed his two junk yard dogs.

I call it JUSTICE. I will state to you in my tears, that I did this for you as well as my daughter. Please take it that way as it was what I had to do.
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

So sorry for your tragic loss. Nicky is at the rainbow bridge waiting for you

Rainbow Bridge Poem This poem is part of the Healing and Inspirational Pet Loss Poetry Collection
                        Marie

Comment

I'm really sorry for what happened to Nicky. He seemed to be more than a pet to you and I feel for you. It's not your fault for what happened to Nicky. Nicky knows that you loved him and cared for him more than any pet owner would do. So just accept what happened and be happy for Nicky who is in a peaceful place now.
                          (Active advertisement links removed by Moderator--against forum rules.)

Comment

i got the ashes back from the pet crematory in apopka today... i wonder if you really get your pets remains back, or what?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X