What would happen if we all stopped paying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would happen if we all stopped paying

I normally don't go down this road, I am not one of these anarchy nuts, but what the credit card companies and banks are doing, and what the government is allowing them to do is really pissing me off and hurting a lot of people.

I wonder what would happen if EVERYONE simply stopped paying (and using) their credit cards? Sort of a mass protest.

Banks are getting away with what they are doing because we let them!
    If you start the protest...I'm in. As a matter of fact, I already started because I don't have any debt any more. Cash and debit card are the way to go now.

How do we get this protest started?
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

It is coming whether we like it or not. As the dollar devalues, thanks to the government printing press, and their policies, prices keep going up. Sooner or later none of us are going to be able to pay for anything, whether it is utilities, insurances, homes, food, clothing, etc.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'm doing my part, haven't paid a bill since August!

Comment

While I agree with the sentiment here, sadly, my cynicism tends to win out. History has proven over and over that the masses will go along with whatever is expected of them for a long long time, generally until it's too late to fix things.

Just look at that clown college we call congress. Most of us wouldn't cross the street to micturate on any of them if their hair was on fire. Everyone complains about how bad they are, but we idiots keep putting them back in office.

So I think it's a great mental exercise, but ultimately will never happen as a result of any organization, and perhaps only as AngelinaCat says, because we can't sustain it any more.
          Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheRocks View Post
            I'm doing my part, haven't paid a bill since August!
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I am in the process of renewing my health insurance (family coverage) with my employer for 2010. For the same coverage/plan that we had last year, the payments doubled bi-weekly for the HRA plan (not HMO). I don't see how anyone can afford an HMO plan now especially with the new working spouse or dependent child fees employers have been attaching if you carry coverage and either your spouse or dependent children work - there is a bi-weekly $50 charge in addition to the cost of the HMO if your spouse or child works that is covered under your Plan and either your spouse or dependent child can be covered under your spouses plan instead.

That, on top of all the other fees and charges that we pay on a day to day basis - including credit cards, additional taxes on everything all the time, etc., etc., how can middle class America survive?

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

My HMO is killing me

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                I am in the process of renewing my health insurance (family coverage) with my employer for 2010. For the same coverage/plan that we had last year, the payments doubled bi-weekly for the HRA plan (not HMO). I don't see how anyone can afford an HMO plan now especially with the new working spouse or dependent child fees employers have been attaching if you carry coverage and either your spouse or dependent children work - there is a bi-weekly $50 charge in addition to the cost of the HMO if your spouse or child works that is covered under your Plan and either your spouse or dependent child can be covered under your spouses plan instead.

That, on top of all the other fees and charges that we pay on a day to day basis - including credit cards, additional taxes on everything all the time, etc., etc., how can middle class America survive?
                Its gone up sooooo much I'm not sure how I'm going to pay it much longer. I'm paying $830. a month by myself and I don't even use the blasted thing. I got my flu shot at costco...End of Nov. I'll be 60 and guess what? A new age bracket..So I guess that means another rate hike..That'll make 2 in one year.. Crap Crap and more Crap

Comment

Can't afford HMO??? Try this one... my coverage this year is 250.00 per month, plus a deductable of 550.00 per person, or 1100.00 for us both. The yearly out of pocket is now 11000.00. So, I can pay 3,000.00 per year, then say we both are sick and end up paying the 1100.00 and max out the out of pocket to 11,000.00. 15,100.00 plus all the cost we have to pay at 70/30 now istead of 80/20. Give me an HMO>>> please.. lol

Comment

Damn...I'm very lucky, my plan is a BCBS HMO, no deductible, no-coinsurance, etc and costs me $70.00 per month for a family plan. The cost will increase by about 15% next open enrollment though.
                    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                      Damn...I'm very lucky, my plan is a BCBS HMO, no deductible, no-coinsurance, etc and costs me $70.00 per month for a family plan. The cost will increase by about 15% next open enrollment though.
                      that's because your employer is paying most of it.
                      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                        that's because your employer is paying most of it.
                        I realize this.

Comment

The company I work for has BCBS too, but in MO they don't use HMO"s in the ozark area because they "don't have to" is the only reason I can find. The bank offers better insurance in other states than it does here. The wages are lower too, so is the education level.. lol For some reason you get into this little areas where they think because your house costs less that you can make less, and pay a lot more for everyything else. Everything is more here than it was in Atlanta, GA , Phoenix, AZ and even Redlands CA. I guess I should ask how come my mcdonalds isn't in line with wages, or my taxes, or my darn doctors and hospitals. Since we can afford to make less, can't they too? lol... I would love to be on your plan.. would you adopt us???

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention the bank is a self insuranced company that uses BCBS, not sure what that means, does anyone else?

Comment

I like it. But as is always with economics, there will be a massive correction, but there will be a recovery and a re-stabilization. The world will not come to an end. It may be difficult for awhile, but things will level off. It's just a question of how dramatic the transition period is.
                              Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                              341 Meeting 09/09/09
                              Discharged 11/12/09
                              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X