chase increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PacificBlue View Post
    This is our favorite thread. We have to wonder what the bone heads where thinking when they sent out all those letters. Somewhere in the back of my mind I keep thinking they wanted every one to file BK. Maybe we are playing into their plan of things. Either way, we are just to okay with it.

You know I think there is indeed a method to their madness.

They are raising rates, lowering limits and raising min pmts to get everyone they can into default mode. When they get as many as they can into late payment status, they are going to go crying to the government to get more bailout money. Consumer dept is in the trillions range so it would be worth it to them to squeeze more cash out of the taxpayer at large.
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

No that is not the reason. The reason is NO ONE will lend us money to lend out to consumers. So they are tightening everything, and they are trying to round up it some how. I disgree with the methods, and I disagree with going after people when they are down, but it is happening..

Comment

I think my username says it all, i was never late and they jacked up my minimum payment because I had a Low APR for life. I called and I couldn't just opt out and they didn't offer any payment plans, and honestly I don't know that I would have trusted them if they did, what would stop them from changing those terms in 6 months. So yes Chase forced me to look hard at my situation and looking at it now did me a really big favor. So, Thank You Chase for helping me get a Fresh Start.
        Filed Chapter 7 (no Asset) - Sept 2009
        341 Meeting - Oct, 2009 (Converted to Asset Case)
        DISCHARGED - Dec. 2009
        $1500 Buy Back & 67% Of Tax Refund Surrendered

Comment

CHASE certainly is a winner ! 'Helped me' too tip the scale.............

Comment

Hey ChaseDidThis, really we may have to send them thank you cards when this is all said and done. Great way to look at it!

(but I still feel they wanted every one to do this, so maybe it's us that will be getting the thank you cards).
            In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
              .....anyone have good luck with majic jack????????
              I've used magic jack for about 8 months or so, changed my acct contact info on the 9 accounts I have...also got a P.O. Box for all the nice letters I'm beginning to receive.

Creditor calls just started recently (sure didn't take long after first missed payments in Nov.!)... I probably get 30-40 calls a day on the magic jack, sometimes messages are left, sometimes not...then my business line and cellphone are called, but not too many messages left on those two...yet.

I've been happy with magic jack and use it regularly for phone calls and have had a great experience with it.

I have heard of some having problems with it on clark howard's radio show (consumer advocate), awhile back, but my experience has been very good.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                You know I think there is indeed a method to their madness.

They are raising rates, lowering limits and raising min pmts to get everyone they can into default mode. When they get as many as they can into late payment status, they are going to go crying to the government to get more bailout money. Consumer dept is in the trillions range so it would be worth it to them to squeeze more cash out of the taxpayer at large.

It seems that way. What's interesting with all of us "taxpayers at large" bailing out banks is that we really aren't.

We haven't gotten a tax increase in a long time and probably won't get one.

It's the good suckers (I mean people) around the world that's really bailing it all out and when they stop that will be when the real party starts.

Stock up on wheelbarrels for when this happens.
                The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Hey ChaseDidThis, really we may have to send them thank you cards when this is all said and done. Great way to look at it!
                  Sounds good, we can mail them back their cut-up credit cards too.
                  Filed Chapter 7 (no Asset) - Sept 2009
                  341 Meeting - Oct, 2009 (Converted to Asset Case)
                  DISCHARGED - Dec. 2009
                  $1500 Buy Back & 67% Of Tax Refund Surrendered

Comment

thanks for the info on majic jack.....i am definitely going to get it...chase didnt even wait until 2 .weeks late to start calling....payment was due on 1st and already calling...bofa and barclays is next.....they arent even late YET.....with the 5 cards i just defaulted on and now her...you can imagine the calls that will be coming in...i am already getting at least 40 a day and now chase has called at least 5 times already....today

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
                      thanks for the info on majic jack.....i am definitely going to get it...chase didnt even wait until 2 .weeks late to start calling....payment was due on 1st and already calling...bofa and barclays is next.....they arent even late YET.....with the 5 cards i just defaulted on and now her...you can imagine the calls that will be coming in...i am already getting at least 40 a day and now chase has called at least 5 times already....today
                      The Majic Jack didn't exist when I filed. When the calls got to about 20 a day, I just unplugged my landline phone and got a cell for the first time, giving the number only to my family and close friends. After my discharge I just plugged the landline back in. I still have that cell number today.

Hang in there.
                      BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseDidThis View Post
                        I think my username says it all, i was never late and they jacked up my minimum payment because I had a Low APR for life. I called and I couldn't just opt out and they didn't offer any payment plans, and honestly I don't know that I would have trusted them if they did, what would stop them from changing those terms in 6 months. So yes Chase forced me to look hard at my situation and looking at it now did me a really big favor. So, Thank You Chase for helping me get a Fresh Start.
                        Chase too is forcing me into BK after they pulled the same stunt on me interest hiked outta of the roof.. and they had the nerve in their letter to me I'm a valued customer, a crock of S**T. I can't stand Chase!!!!

Comment

Oh my gosh when I look back, and figure out how much $$$ we paid to chase over the years, not to mention the other cards even at the lower 2.9% interest they made money. We bought a truck (used one for $27,000) on a card (think it was citi) and paid it off in two years. Never, ever, ever even late on a payment with any of the cards, and the thanks we get is a "in your face interest hike", and limits cut to trash our credit score..

They can all eat &*$%^^@!

Comment

Oh my gosh when I look back, and figure out how much $$$ we paid to chase over the years, not to mention the other cards even at the lower 2.9% interest they made money. We bought a truck (used one for $27,000) on a card (think it was citi) and paid it off in two years. Never, ever, ever even late on a payment with any of the cards, and the thanks we get is a "in your face interest hike", and limits cut to trash our credit score..

They can all eat &*$%^^@!
                            You tell'em dude!
                            Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
                            Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
                            Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
                            341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              You tell'em dude!
                              I mean really, I have tried and tried to wrap my small brain around their way of thinking, and I draw a blank. (insert stupid look here). Yeah I read the why this all happened, and the reasons, but it was a gamble for them. When I gamble it's maybe 50 bucks. What these idiots did was gamble on millions and I'm just doing my part to show them gambling is evil..

Comment

Obviously, it's working for them. I'm sure they've run all the #'s. It's like the car manufacturers doing the math in regards to a recall. They weigh how much in lawsuits they'll have to payout against the cost of the recall...it's all just $ amounts and math to them.

And the possibility of negative press and how much that will cost them.

Obviously, the cc companies have figured it's more profitable to screw the people who are still paying against how many people they may push into bk and lose that money...it's all a #'s game.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X