My experience eating out @ IHOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience eating out @ IHOP

My waffle came naked (i.e. no whip creme, butter or sides);I had to ask for butter & my friend's chocolate chip pancakes came with four chocolate chips on top. We were going to split the side of bacon; when the two slices arrived, I, once again, was confused: only two slices...server's reply (the economy). I can no lose weight & cash while out to eat....go figure? However, the tab wasn't smaller....
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Less people are eating out these days....so those that are eating out are paying the full price for less value while the restaurant saves money where they can....I'm reminded of an article (1987 I think) about American Airlines saving money by removing one olive from each salad....I think the total amount saved was $40,000.00.

I know it's a bit of a tangent but when are the airlines going to stop charging for baggage?? They told John Q Public that the reason for this was the high price of gas...but the cost of fuel has come back down but the baggage charge hasn't gone away......

Comment

YEah, Dairey Queen shows a photo of a sundae with whip cream, order one and they charge extra, 40 cents for a dab... We went with coupons to a Perkins and they served us a breakfast 30% smaller than our local diner and with a coupon it cost more. I have one MCDEES in Republic that charges 269.00 plus tax so it is 2.90 for just the egg and sausage mcmuffin. One in Springfield charges 2.29 for the same things, the tax is 4 cents less so I pay less for the same darn thing about 10 miles away. We eat out less and less all the time. The only real bargin is the double cheese at Burger King for 1.00 and they are trying to stop doing that. Being small hubby and I usually share a dinner, so that helps, but we don't do it much ..... to expensive to eat out.. and you are right, gas is down, but the prices are still up.

Comment

I went a few weeks ago and ordered toast and they brought it plain....no butter, not even on the side. Who in the world eats dry toast! But on a side note, the pecan pancakes they have right now are fantastic!!!
        Filed 5/29/09
        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

I used to work at IHOP. There is no excuse for a server to bring out a waffle without a scoop of butter on it. And that IS the servers's job, not the cook's. The cook puts it in the window and it's the server's responsibility to add butter and then bring it to the table. Syrup should be provided on the table. The whole chocolate chip thing, always annoyed me. They are supposed to put chocolate chips IN the waffle. Sometimes they forget, so they think sprinkling a few on top will cut it. Don't think so buddy! I always made them re-do the ones for my customers. They got what they ordered, not sorry excuses for it.

And the bacon thing...you can either order a side of 2 slices or 4 slices...the server just prob forgot to ask you and assumed, or didn't remember when she got to the computer to input your order.

Comment

I am finding almost everything cheaper lately

I stopped going out to eat at least 6 months ago. In the area I live there are so many specials, discounts, coupons, BOGOF offers I sometimes get tempted but it is still more than double the cost of cooking at home (and no tip). Plus the heat of cooking warms up the house. We almost went to AMC tonight to see a movie and that would have been the first one since Summer. $5.00 for a movie and $5.00 for a pop/popcorn combo with free refills. That would have been $15.00 for 2 people and all the soda and popcorn I needed plus take one home and give to the kids. But we decided to stay home. I went to Aldi today and bought 6 gallons of milk for 2.13 each, 4 packages of hamburger buns for .29 a 8 pack. Stopped by Price Chopper and got eggs at .90 a dozen. Friday I got 41 two liters of Pepsi products for .69 each. I still have 2 turkeys in the freezer at .39 per pound. Filled up gas at 2.42 a gallon. Bought a shank ham for .79 cents a pound. I just stock up whenever anything is on sale so in reality I am buying almost everything on sale or steep discount. I have so many clothes in my closet I reach deep in the back and pull out stuff I forgot I had. I always scour the 90% off rack at Khols (and use my 15% discount card that comes in the mail almost weekly). I open the south window blinds to let the heat in and close the north blinds. I don't think I am inconvienced at all but it is just a learned habit. School lunches? What a waste, I make a lunch for the 3 kids and use the sack from the grocery store to carry it. Cost of kid lunch is probably .25 cents made from home.

Comment

We don't eat out. After being in the rental business for so many years, I've seen how some of the people in the food business live. Disgusting.....
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I have not been to ihop for quite awhile, I sit here and shake my head when i think about
                my 5 year old eats more then I do, so i order me a kids portion and him the reg size

I was told that was not allowed, and next time i would be charged for two adult meals
                it was not all you can eat it was two meals
                I have never been back
                filed chapter 7 Nov 17, 2009
                341 meeting Dec 21
                dec 22 no funds no asset
                Objections for Discharge due by 02/19/2010

Comment

IHop still has great food at great prices in South Florida, provided you don't go during "peak" hours which are basically weekends. If you go at those times you have to wait forever to get a table and then the service isn't very good.

Last time I was there I was asked if I wanted my toast buttered. I ordered some kind of "slam" breakfast/brunch and chose bacon as one of the sides, and it was 2 slices. But it was part of the "slam" -- not a side order. I think if you order bacon as a side order you get at least 4 slices? Not sure. But I don't recall ever going to IHop with the idea of "sharing."
                  BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Originally posted by momisery View Post
                    YEah, Dairey Queen shows a photo of a sundae with whip cream, order one and they charge extra, 40 cents for a dab... We went with coupons to a Perkins and they served us a breakfast 30% smaller than our local diner and with a coupon it cost more. I have one MCDEES in Republic that charges 269.00 plus tax so it is 2.90 for just the egg and sausage mcmuffin. One in Springfield charges 2.29 for the same things, the tax is 4 cents less so I pay less for the same darn thing about 10 miles away. We eat out less and less all the time. The only real bargin is the double cheese at Burger King for 1.00 and they are trying to stop doing that. Being small hubby and I usually share a dinner, so that helps, but we don't do it much ..... to expensive to eat out.. and you are right, gas is down, but the prices are still up.

I work for a Restaurant Chain and we have yet to succumb to some of the 'deals' the other chains are throwing out there....the 2 for 20.....or 3 items for 12.99...basically what these chains are doing is shooting themselves in the foot (and they're usually skimping on ingredients and portions while they're at it)....they will offer these deals to hike their customer 'counts' until the economy recovers enough that the 'regular foot traffic is back to previous levels' and then they'll return to their normal prices...but most folks won't want to pay those after having had a 'discount' for awhile and especially if they're not seeing a rise in 'value'....

Comment

I really don't eat out much,anymore, either....so the IHOP thing was supposed to be a fun, Sunday morning treat...not...my Denny's bogo were expired!!!!!
                      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                      Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas1960 View Post
                        I stopped going out to eat at least 6 months ago. In the area I live there are so many specials, discounts, coupons, BOGOF offers I sometimes get tempted but it is still more than double the cost of cooking at home (and no tip). Plus the heat of cooking warms up the house. We almost went to AMC tonight to see a movie and that would have been the first one since Summer. $5.00 for a movie and $5.00 for a pop/popcorn combo with free refills. That would have been $15.00 for 2 people and all the soda and popcorn I needed plus take one home and give to the kids. But we decided to stay home. I went to Aldi today and bought 6 gallons of milk for 2.13 each, 4 packages of hamburger buns for .29 a 8 pack. Stopped by Price Chopper and got eggs at .90 a dozen. Friday I got 41 two liters of Pepsi products for .69 each. I still have 2 turkeys in the freezer at .39 per pound. Filled up gas at 2.42 a gallon. Bought a shank ham for .79 cents a pound. I just stock up whenever anything is on sale so in reality I am buying almost everything on sale or steep discount. I have so many clothes in my closet I reach deep in the back and pull out stuff I forgot I had. I always scour the 90% off rack at Khols (and use my 15% discount card that comes in the mail almost weekly). I open the south window blinds to let the heat in and close the north blinds. I don't think I am inconvienced at all but it is just a learned habit. School lunches? What a waste, I make a lunch for the 3 kids and use the sack from the grocery store to carry it. Cost of kid lunch is probably .25 cents made from home.
                        Kansas1960 - we could be neighbors. I may know which Aldi & Price Chopper you are referring too. Although, I must say I haven't shopped at Aldi in over 16 years. I too bought two turkeys at .39 cents a pound & the eggs. I haven't been out to eat at a causual restaurant in over 3 years & the last time was at Olive Garden. The AMC $5.00 deal is good, but never seem to have time on a week night & weekend movies cost too much. Sometimes we have a combo pizza & movie night at our house with home-made pizza, microwave popcorn, and free Red Box Movies (when I have a code). Haven't been clothes shopping in over two years & my two teenagers need clothes really bad now, so nothing but that is on the Christmas list this year. I will too will probably use the next coupon that comes in the mail from Kohl's & also sock & undergarmet purchases at Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by NHC View Post
                          ....they will offer these deals to hike their customer 'counts' until the economy recovers enough that the 'regular foot traffic is back to previous levels' ....
                          My super secret, Wizzbang, high level financial analytical sources (you know who you are) tell me they might be waiting a while.
                          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

We don't eat out much either anymore. I think the last splurge was we went to Five Guys Burgers for hubby's birthday. We each had a burger, shared fries and the kids shared a burger, 2 cokes, and I think it was $30. I had a hard time swallowing my food after I saw $30 gone for burgers. Ugh.

I take the kids once a week to Burger King as a treat. But I order them each $1 chicken nuggets and they share $1 fries. I usually get something off the $1 menu too. No sodas. We bring it home and have a carpet picnic. They are still toddlers and don't know about "happy meals" so I can get out of there with $4-5 for all three of us.

Comment

Originally posted by cleanslate01 View Post
                              We don't eat out much either anymore. I think the last splurge was we went to Five Guys Burgers for hubby's birthday. We each had a burger, shared fries and the kids shared a burger, 2 cokes, and I think it was $30. I had a hard time swallowing my food after I saw $30 gone for burgers. Ugh.

I take the kids once a week to Burger King as a treat. But I order them each $1 chicken nuggets and they share $1 fries. I usually get something off the $1 menu too. No sodas. We bring it home and have a carpet picnic. They are still toddlers and don't know about "happy meals" so I can get out of there with $4-5 for all three of us.
                              My son and I share happy meals (not once a week, maybe..once a month) Right now it's really enough food for both of us but he's a growing boy so I know it won't be long before he can eat it all by himself. These are the days when I can get off cheap LOL!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X