I saw a documentary on global warming tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a documentary on global warming tonight

Global Warming is a huge problem for sure. The Polar Bears are suffering with starvation and the ice is melting faster than normal. I have heard about this but didn't "get it" until the documentary that I viewed on tv tonight.

What are your thoughts on global warming?
    (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
    :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

I have the solution to Global Warming!!!!

Global Ice Tea!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You're funny!! Can you buy that at Houlihan's?
      (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
        Global Warming is a huge problem for sure. The Polar Bears are suffering with starvation and the ice is melting faster than normal. I have heard about this but didn't "get it" until the documentary that I viewed on tv tonight.

What are your thoughts on global warming?
        Just keep drinking the kool-aid.

The climate alarmists have no credibility. They won't release their data sets or methodologies for peer review and as we all should have learned in high school, if the results are not reproducible you don't have proof. The temperature data has been manipulated, the tree ring data culled of any outliers that didn't support the desired outcome, and so on and so on.

Now having identified myself as a "denier" doesn't mean that I think we should continue to litter our planet like there's no tomorrow. I strongly believe that we should continue to develop cleaner technologies, but to adopt the ruinous measures that the alarmists want to foist on us makes no sense.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

This should be a fun thread.

My local newspaper allows a small section for reader comments. Here's one from this week.

"How can global warming be true if I just finished shoveling 8" of snow in my driveway"
          Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
          "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
            You're funny!! Can you buy that at Houlihan's?
            Yes, but they call it a Long Island Ice Tea. After drinking a few of those, even Polar Bears don't care about Global Warming for a while!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have lots of snow in my back yard right now. Take a look at my advitar. So that means I can have some Long Island Ice Teas so I can forget about it too!! Hiccup...!!
              Burp....;-)

Comment

After all this talk about global warming, we are wondering why we have gotten snow two years in a row in Louisiana. Until last year, I had never seen real snow in my life! We thought it was a once in a lifetime kind of miracle, and then again this year, we had snow!

Comment

Originally posted by lindsay2181 View Post
                  After all this talk about global warming, we are wondering why we have gotten snow two years in a row in Louisiana. Until last year, I had never seen real snow in my life! We thought it was a once in a lifetime kind of miracle, and then again this year, we had snow!
                  What the Global Warming folks forgot to tell everyone, is that we are actually going through Global Cooling right now.

Comment

I kinda think the earth has a natural pattern to it. Sorta slowly changing. The ice melting in the North Pole is worrisome to me though. I'd like to see more real data on this, and can't understand why they are yelling the sky is falling, but can't really prove it. I go back to the nature thing again. We could screw it up and make it worse. Best thing yet is people adjusting their lives a bit to maybe slow global warming down.

Comment

Nature always find a way to correct population problems. Floods, earthquakes, famine, drought... however, we humans keep figuring out a way to (attempt to) defeat nature.

Unfortunately, we usually learn the hard way that;
                      • taking a city that's 18ft below sea level and putting a dam around it... doesn't work.
                      • back-filling swamp areas in Florida and creating "canals" so that the water flows, just provides a "super-highway" for alligators to get from the Everglades to the new neighborhoods!
                      • redirecting a river, while it sounds like a good idea, usually causes ecosystem issues
                      • protecting a certain species of animals, like the alligator, eventually causes them to become a nuisance and then you issue orders to destroy them. (Hello Florida!)
                      • overbuilding in forest areas by clear-cutting, usually leads to homes destroyed due to forest fires.
                      • building homes on the side of a cliff... well... you know what happens with those.
                      • yada, yada, yada

Comment

Originally posted by BobMango View Post

Now having identified myself as a "denier" doesn't mean that I think we should continue to litter our planet like there's no tomorrow. I strongly believe that we should continue to develop cleaner technologies, but to adopt the ruinous measures that the alarmists want to foist on us makes no sense.
                        My feelings exactly.
                        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I think its cyclical. However, I think we do have a responsibility to provide clean air, and clean water to humans and animals. As soon as they figure out how to make sustainable profit on a greener planet we wont have change. Selling your pollution credits to someone else is not sustainable point of revenue.

Comment

Global Warming is a hoax as they would have you believe it. Al Gore has major investments in so called 'green companies'. His is a business plan, he doesn't care about the earth, he cares about money. If these things pass he'll be a billionaire to rival Bill Gates. If you don't believe me about Mr. Gore, have you ever considered he lives in a home that uses 10x the national avg of energy for a family of his size? that he uses a private jet to fly everywhere which is worse than if he drove?

There is one truth that we can determine. Of all species that have arose on earth, 99.99% of them are extinct. The planet has since time began changed continually. It has gone from a molten ball of rock, to iron rich seas, to covered in a mile thick of ice, to almost anything in between. In time regardless of what we do because our science cannot do everything now nor can it in the future this planet will become uninhabitable to humans. Rather than waste energy and resources on doing something that won't matter, perhaps we should pour research and money into space exploration because we may have to leave this planet eventually if we are to escape the fate of all other species of this world.

Incidentally the polar bear population has increased over the last decade so don't believe those hype films...
                            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

An Inconvenient Lie.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X