X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dscurlock View Post
    That does not make sense..they pay taxes on stuff when they buy
    it, so why would they pay another tax just for something setting
    in inventory they already paid taxes on?
    No, merchants don't pay sales taxes on items that they purchase for resale. Only the final sale to the consumer is taxed.

Its called a bad economy...
    layoffs, lost profits
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Well I don't know about the rest of the country but here gas prices are going up again. They have gone up almost 25 cents the last month or so. And all your grocery stores, wal marts, targets and those get their goods delivered by semi's. They aren't going to eat the cost on that they'll just pass it along.

Comment

Yeah, same story here in NC for food & gasoline. I hadn't really paid much attention to the grocery prices going up until I picked up a box of cereal that I always buy at Target b/c it was $1.25 cheaper at Target than anywhere else... only to realize they increased the price by $1/box. I guess at least it's still cheaper than the other stores!
        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
        Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
        Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

The rising prices of consumer goods these days is mainly the result of declining sales and a fundamental practice for companies to "make up for lost/reduced business"
          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X